Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

yay bout the pools, i have to arrange to borrow and electric pump off a friend and see about getting my accesorises, not had a reply yet from the lady im getting my pool off which is a little concerning i hope she gets back to me today

Go on the points night anyway and take the order number to order it at the till :) I did that with babys play gym so I got my £12 of points for it!

Go on the points night anyway and take the order number to order it at the till :) I did that with babys play gym so I got my £12 of points for it!

ooooo thanks for the advice! didnt think to do that! and is it £12 for every £50 you spend. cause im getting OH an aftershave gift set that is £40 too so just need a couple more bits and could get to £100, so would i get £24? ha ha!

I tried to ring my mw today to give her the offical house move date, to find out shes on leave till the 14th, so had to do the whole ring the mat unit they put be though to someone who then takes my details again to then get someone to ring me back lol

Yeah even after the reviews I still expected the pool to be a bit Meh on the sturdy side but it shocked me, oh and my mate haha

ooooo thanks for the advice! didnt think to do that! and is it £12 for every £50 you spend. cause im getting OH an aftershave gift set that is £40 too so just need a couple more bits and could get to £100, so would i get £24? ha ha!

yes, you'll get £24 :)

What is everyone planning on doing with their pools once they are done with them? Im thinking providing I dont burst it or something I will just sell it on, on here or Ebay.. I know some people keep them but I dont plan on having anymore babies for some time lol

I would like another baby but not for 2/3 years so it's a do I save it do I sell it n get another next time. I got mine on eBay so could probably get about same back. I'll just wait until a few months after I've had it and decide then. I did joke we could put it on the decking in the summer for Imogen to play in ha ha. X

DH is trying to figure out what we could resell it for before we have even got it lol

ha ha i paid £80 for mine and that came with the full kit and heat retaining cover. just had to get the liner seperate. i had to pay £10 p&p too. if its collection only they seem to go a bit cheaper as there'll be less bidding i suppose!

Yeah the one we got was collection only or arrange your own collection via a company so we got ours dirty cheap. Came with everything, pumps, heat cover, brand new liner all I needed to buy was hose.. Most of the ones with postage seem to go for atleast £60.. Collection only from £30+

im sure you'll get your money back then, or near enough. would you put its 3rd hand? i think i'd just put used lol.

I would put used however it was never used by the lady I got it off, Her baby came to early everything was still prestine just she had robbed the hose out the box to use in her garden :haha: Still all had that brand new plastic smell and everything all the plastic wrappers on stuff fully intact.

" Used La Bassine Birth Pool, Comes with air pump, water pump, heat cover, etc( I would but exactly what not just etc though lol) just need to buy a new liner and hose" Something like that I would write lol

FYI, I got my la bassine pool from lovely carries and used Parcelforce (which was the cheapest). It was £16 and door to door so if you want to sell and post it's not as complicated or expensive as you might think. You could just add the postage on ebay.

Parcel monkey is also very reasonable for postage. X

I get parcels really cheap, cheaper than those posted above so if I list 100% will be adding on a postage option.. Oh works in a warehouse with do shipping so I get to post next day signed for under £10 :happydance:

Bit of a long shot but does anyone know if they sell tens in actual boots shops or just online?

My local Boots has TENS machines. It's only a little store though so it only has a couple of different ones but it must mean that bigger stores have a good stock.
Not heard of the £12 when you spend £50 before. I might just have to have a splurge on Thursday - with 3 older girls you can never buy enough smellies :haha:

Does everyone that has La Bassine pools have a liner? I looked on one site and it said they don't think liners are necessary and that the pool or liner would need sterilising.
I don't really fancy spending much time cleaning up after the birth though - I was kinda hoping to just retire to the bedroom with baby!

Does everyone that has La Bassine pools have a liner? I looked on one site and it said they don't think liners are necessary and that the pool or liner would need sterilising.
I don't really fancy spending much time cleaning up after the birth though - I was kinda hoping to just retire to the bedroom with baby!

No you don't need a liner at all, just makes cleaning easier. Just pump the grotty water out, chuck the liner and deflate rather than be cleaning and sterilising the pool after. Oh will be doing it so the first option is easiest for him. Xx

Well imogens fast asleep and I'm wide awake so to pass some time I decided to pack an emergency transfer bag so it's not a last minute rush. So in there so far I've got nappies and wipes, maternity pads a a few breast pads, two vests and baby grows, cardie for baby, blanket and a nightie for me to labour in. I'm gonna get a little wash bag with the minatures in and a few snacks. I'll need underwear and pj's too but they can be last minute things along with toothbrush, drinks, notes. Stuff to come home in can be brought in later. Is there anything necessary I'm forgetting?

Im using the liner so I dont have to clean anything, as said above empty water bin liner, deflate pool jobs a good one! Otherwise you have to clean the pool and wait for it to dry before packing it away etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->