Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Well imogens fast asleep and I'm wide awake so to pass some time I decided to pack an emergency transfer bag so it's not a last minute rush. So in there so far I've got nappies and wipes, maternity pads a a few breast pads, two vests and baby grows, cardie for baby, blanket and a nightie for me to labour in. I'm gonna get a little wash bag with the minatures in and a few snacks. I'll need underwear and pj's too but they can be last minute things along with toothbrush, drinks, notes. Stuff to come home in can be brought in later. Is there anything necessary I'm forgetting?

I think that sounds good. Like you say anything else that you need, your OH will bring it in for you at the next visiting time or when they discharge you. Maybe stick a pair of slippers in there and a little hat for the baby.. X

yeh i was thinking hat, ive only got an outdoors one at the moment so need to get one, although when i had imm they said not to put one on inside as she had hair, so might not be needed, i'll still get one though just incase, or see if i can dig one out from when i was having imogen. i want to get some new sleep bras as well for nursing, one to wear in the pool and i'll stick one in bag as well. oh and camera!!!!

CASH and FOOD!!!

I was penniless and starving for hours, poxy bowl of rice crispies didn't keep me full long.

Hi ladies, can I join you?

I'm hoping for a homebirth - I'm due January 14th and expecting a little girl :D - our first baby.
xx

welcome miss_ divine!

ljo, sounds like you've got the hospital bag covered I cant think off hand anything else you may need.

Still not 100% here that we are going to go for a home birth but realized last night that if we do then I'll probably have to go into the loft, it's a bedroom and there is a sink in there. We aren't planning to get a pool so would that be alright?

welcome divine. xxx

yeh with imogen i'd had nothing all day (well for 24 hours and then i'd thrown tea back up over night in labour!!) i got toast after i'd had her then some crappy sandwhich when i got to the post natal ward at 10pm!! so will pack some cereal bars, chocolate stuff like that lol. hopefully none of it will be needed though and things will be more than fine at home. xx

Guess the birth pool liner is well worth the money when it comes to cleaning up afterwards.
I really have to start sorting things - there just seems so much other stuff I need to sort out first!
On top of all the usual panic I have to go to court 3 days before my due date so I'm crossing my fingers baby will either come a little early or a little late - what do you think are the chances the baby will oblige? lol :haha:

yeah food is a must lol gonna have salami,one of the little dippers lunchables packs as well as chocolate, scroggin and some crisps

its trail mix or basicly a mix of nuts,dried fruit etc..... that you can just grab handfuls and snack on, my parents used to make us eat it on hiking trips because the nuts and seeds give you protien and energy that lasts longer than sweets lol, i always put m&ms and chocolate buttons in mine though

Honetly I was sooooo hungry! LOL I'd been in denial and trying to hide that I was in labour and ate a huge beef casserole for tea only to throw it up at transition, gave birth at 3:50am then had to wait until breakfast in hospital which was bloody rice crispies adn neither me or hubby had any cash...OMG hearing the other ladies rustling crisps and choccies made me lived!

You should of asked them for summat else! Especially when they encourage bf rice crispies are gonna do a great deal for the baby ha ha! Oh brought me in a Blt baguette the next day which I was glad about cause I heard someone ask what was for dinner while I was getting dressed after a shower n I thought I'm not eating any of that! Ha ha.

omg i was starving in post natal ward too. I delivered at 3.15pm so by the time i was showered and they found me a bed i had missed dinner :(! so I had had nothing cept 2 slices of toast and a can of coke from 6pm the night on the 3rd, til the morning of the 5th :cry:

Hi Everyone! :hugs:

Sorry haven't updated in a while, but I had my baby girl last Saturday, November 05. She was born at 36+5 weeks so I wasn't able to get my HB! The MW said it was a no-go since she was a teeny weeny bit early (2 days!), I have borderline low iron, and was GBS positive so they didn't want me to do it at home. I was ok with it though since I have a great MW and I wasn't going to pick up the pool until 37 weeks. As it turns out, I had a fantastic natural birth - I put a story if anyone is interested. https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ntense-natural-birth-our-sweet-girl-long.html

So she was due November 28, but we got her on November 05, 2011. She weighed 7lbs 4oz and we are still sorting out a name :haha:

Just think girls this time round we can scoff our faces after birth! Raid our own fridge n cupboards instead of starving and given crap Nhs food!! I thought they'd of had jacket potatoes and stuff for lunch but it was the same old crap I see them dish out at work everyday! Looks vile ha ha.

Congrats sun, sorry you didn't get your hb but glad you had a good experience. Xxxx

Rlt question. I started the tea 32 weeks one cup a day but I've been slacking! I just don't like it ha ha so I got the tablets and they arrived today. It says to take 2 a day and not to exceed this. So is the amount in them like having 4 cups a day? I'm confused! I thought it'd be like 1,2,3,4 like the tea bags ha ha. Xx

Tbh there doesn't seem to be a specific dose or rules as to when to take rlt. I'm taking 1200mg a day now which is three pills. Box says 3-6 pills.

Congratulations on the birth sun :)

Mine says per 2 tablets
Raspberry leaf extract 375mg
Equivalent to dried leaf 1500mg

Also im so gutted for myself! I've got piles!! I never got them with imogen and I'm gutted! Ha ha. Sorry tmi but I don't want to talk about it to my friends n mum lol!

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl Sun - hope you find a name soon. Im pleased that you had a very empowering natural birth despite not getting you HB.

RLT - I'm currently taking 3 x 750mg tabs a day. I started on 1 tablet at 27 weeks, 2 tabs at 32 weeks and 3 at 36 weeks.

so im guessing if mine are 1500mg per 2 tablets they must be 750mg each so i should be ok increasing like normal. i took 2 today as im due to increase it tomorrow anyway and had normal amount of BH and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->