Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/blah11/IMAG0266.jpg

I've had a wee delivery :happydance: soexciting!

Mw in an hour.. Im just to tired now though after doing the pre-school run in which I had to wake kyle up for and bless him he goes "no school mummy me tired" Must get his lazyness from me :haha:

lol, amelie does that every morning! had to wake her up at 10 to 8 this morning and they have to leave at 8. sheloves it when shes there though.

Argh that's so exciting!! I'd be straight in there having a nosey ha ha!!

ive had a quick look but most of it im familiar with anyway as i work in a hospital!

Lots of lines, needles etc, a bag of fluid, an 'amniohook' which sounds terrifying LOL, gloves, aprons, goggles, placenta bin, sharps bin.. nothing very exciting.

Ooh exciting:) have a chuff to test it out ^^

Had appt with my new mw. She was fine actually but told me from a 5 sec feel that I would need a 4th growth scan at 38w to see what size of a giant baby we have to deal with. Right....

Also old mw who never ever teaches the antenatal is teaching mine!! So I'm not going. Won't be able to ask her questions or believe a word she says so what's the point

All healthy here tho, baby head down curled to the left, iron was 11.something. Fundal height was 36w but bothered.com

Mw also said that if they needed to check baby's blood sugar they would get a handheld thing from neonatology. Ie exactly what I have already. She didn't seem to see a problem at all with us monitoring him. Early feedback from homebirth.org forum etc seems to be that it's fine too

Glad all went well :thumbup:

Least you get to see your LO again with the scan!

I feel a bit weird guys. i think its just excitement :rofl:

Glad it went well cranberry! Oh the box isn't as exciting as I though! It'll be like been at work ha ha!! I've just bloody escaped the place!!! Xx

my MW said the MW who comes out from the MW suite at the hospital to check me in labour will bring everything with her then one of my community team will be called to be second MW

Im gonna need to move the gas canisters into a cupboard cos im scared they'll fall on amelie. The box is huge so id rather have had them just bring it with them tbh.

Mine are not dropping anything off hmm Think im getting a duff deal here :haha:

Baby has gone from 4/5ths to brim ahh!! booked my next midwife in for when I would be over due for a home visit for a err good rummage about :haha: Measuring fine, my mw is on leave till monday and is suposed to be ringing me on monday so I will ask her about homebirth box

Last time I got a massive bag of supplies, plus 1 tank of oxygen and 5 tanks of gas and air. We got a metal box to keep our tanks in so they didn't fall over, looking at your pic Blah I think ours where a smaller size tank.

5 tanks of gas and air :shock: Ive only 1 and its quite small LOL hope i dont need it anyway.

Lesleyann i wouldnt worry, i think 2nd time mummys often dont have engaged babies until labour anyway! I was only 1/5 yesterday lol

I'm quite worried about running out tbh. What if you run out just at the last minute!! Hopefully water and hypno will do it, but I'm sure I'll be rationing it just in case.

My bottles were very tiny. I was told they would last half an hour each. I wasn't on it for long before transfer, but I rationed myself to only using at peak of a contraction. I was told that they could get me more if the ambulance service had time to deliver it, but would depend on time of day ect.

My MW don't bring anything to the house until the birth. i think i prefer it that way, at least i don't have to stop Noah from delving in to anything he shouldn't be touching.

On the whole baby engaged front, this one is still palpable. He'll probably just drop during labour i expect.

Im feeling so swollen down below today - its so uncomfortable.

urgh ive been swollen for ages! its horrible hope it doesnt get any worse as it moves into place!! wonder if i'll get a box or if they bring it!! eeeek. have the mw on wednesday then i suppose it'll be the home visit! its all coming a bit too quick now!! xx

Sat here googling Labour visualization on advice of my consultant. Have had to change it to Birth visualization as it kept coming up with loads of statistics from the last election. :wacko:

im having really anoying period type pains and alot more BH this morning. do you think this is probaby due to me swapping to tablet form raspberry leaf (dont know if they are ment to be stronger or anything)? oh mentioned last night my bump looks lower and it felt so heavy in my pelvis which i hadnt mentioned to him until after he said that!! This baby better keep its bum in there, i want my hb!! xx

Ive been using my clary sage this morning. Hasnt done anything cept give me really sore movement :shrug: I thought i was having BHs but no, he was moving. Hes moved back to posterior too i think, wah.

MW coming out sometime this morning to check my gases and box and fit the connectors onto the tanks. Then going to attempt to sort out my kitchen and need to go to tesco to get last minute things (and food!) just incase LO decides to make an appearence this weekend (wishful thinking, hey!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->