Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm with your wishful thinking Blah!

Come on babies!!!!!

Had a go on my manual breast pump just to seeif it works. And boobs started working!! Been having a poke for a few weeks as I need to start expressing at 36w but nothing that way. Can get half a drop from the pump. Will carry on using pump just to see if it helps to get boobs going (also maybe to harden nips, had shingles on one boob and it still hurts, ouch) then hand express at 36 when I get the syringes

Was so worried that they wouldn't work. :dance:

Can you get milk before you have the baby then?
Sometimes I'm amazed that I'm on my 5th pregnancy and yet know so little!
I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and MW is coming out for the home check. Very exciting, I'm hoping it all makes it a bit more real as it does seem to be a bit of a dream. I'm not sure whether not finding out what gender baby is has made a difference as with LO we knew we were having a boy and it helped us to think about what our son would be like. At the moment bump is just thought of as a blob, an uncomfortable blob but still a blob lol.
I need to pull my finger out as the house is a mess and we have to move bedrooms ready for baby to arrive.
Got LO's first bed yesterday but am worried he will feel pushed out into his own room just before baby gets here. And he's still waking up during the night which is getting really tiring :-( We have lot's to work on this week!

Cranberry I don't suggest you do that tbh. You might end up messing about with your supply before LO is even here and engorgement hurts enough without being even more engorged!

embob - everything will fall into place :hugs:

as for me, nothing new happening :(! any signs I did have have also disapeared, wah. Nothing planned for today so think I'll take a stroll with amelie and try and walk this baby out :rofl:

I have to have spare colostrum being diabetic. It's that or a drip if I can't bf as formula isnt v good at raising their sugar level, it just fills them up. I do worry about messing with it but it's the lesser of two evils tbh

Em- you get colostrum till after the birth.

Cranberry. You will probably have more luck hand expressing your colostrum than pumping it. It's thick, and can stick more in the tubes than get to the bottle as you only produce it in teaspoon amounts, unlike milk that will be produced in ounces. You also might try expressing in the bath or after a warm shower.

Thanks. Yeah plan is to hand express but tbh none comes out when i do that. Was thinking I could pump a drop at a time and syringe it. Takes a minute to get a drop even so not worried about it being sucked up by the pump. Or maybe when boobs get warmed up hand expressing will get a bit easier. Not planning on collecting it with the pump tho. The amount I'm getting would take me all year to fill one.

Good tip to try after a bath. I get my syringes in a week so will start properly then and will try that.

ah right. im sure you'll do fine BF and if you do manage to get LO to latch on, you can express off the other side as the milk comes out so much easier that way.

You can also try to get a rush of hormones going. I know the one time I leaked in public, before Brennan was born, was when I was picking my husband up at the airport after a long business trip. I was so happy and excited to see him, that I literally leaked through my shirt. Bit embarrassing. So maybe try expressing after a make-out (snogging) session, or looking at some sonogram photos.

I leaked on my way to work when amelie was 10 months cos i heard another baby cry :rofl:

I leaked on my way to work when amelie was 10 months cos i heard another baby cry :rofl:

It's weird because I leaked way more before I gave birth to Brennan than I did after. Almost every night I would leak colostrum and that time at the airport, but once he was born and my milk came in I never leaked, not even when he cried.

i didnt leak at all during pregnancy and havent this time either since amelie stopped nursing. Infact i squeezed my nipples earlier after reading this thread and nowt came out. When she was 6m and under I leaked loads though. Worst part of BFing for me was having to wear breastpads for so long. I was para I stank of stale milk all the time. I have bought lilypadz this time round :)!

I didn't do too bad leaking wise, only made a mess once ha ha. I've never leaked in pregnancy though but can squeeze a little bit of clear stuff now though! Oh I do remember showering and I'd lean over to dry my legs and milk would start dripping ha ha oh the joys!! I'm getting lillypadz too this time, they look fantastic! Xx

Ooh they look good. I'm allergic to even hypoallergenic plasters tho so not sure about these. Fine with latex weirdly. It does say silicone is hypoallergenic but... Getting a rash on nips would be disastrous!!

Hi guys. nothing to report here again cept more stupid plug loss. It was quite a lot and id be surprised if that amount managed to regenerate before hes born so hopefully, thats it gone for good. I went for a lie in and have woken up with a very sore stomach cos i was sleeping on my bump :dohh: I'm starting to get new stretchmarks too so he really needs to come out now :rofl:

I was wondering last night, what are you guys going to do when you go into labour (start of contractions of waters breaking)? I think I'll prob end up tidying up like doing a hoover, clear dishes if theres any etc, send OH to 24hr tesco for energy drinks and snacks, maybe take a shower :shrug:, gather stuff for the pool, baby stuff, towels etc.

yep cleaning!! making sure its spotless before the MW arrives ha ha. get the bedroom all nice for our first cuddles when everyones left, i want to get a bath before putting on the TENs. oh and prep OH on the pool, make sure he's doing it right ha ha!! if its day time i might stick something in the slow cooker too, stew or something wintery like that ha ha!!

Well nothing to report here apart from being in the new house as of last night.. Barely slept things are becoming loser though and lots of gas and some more plug loss... What will I do when labour first starts err try to finish unpacking the house :haha:

Oh yeah, I'll make OH change the bed too!

I refuse to cook :rofl: We'll be having a takeaway that night.

I thought more for the mw's my mum, Imogen and oh if he gets time ha ha!! It's not really cooking either if I get all the prepared potatoes and veg from asda, just shove it all in n turn it on ha ha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->