Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

C'mon girls I want to see birth stories!!
I've had pains today but not labour pains, at least not ones I've ever experienced before. Everybody is on tenterhooks already and I've got almost 3 weeks til due date! I keep saying I will let everyone know when it really is a labour pain.
Timing seems to be key as I don't want baby until my pool is here but I do need it to come before EDD as I have 2 days in court coming up and don't want to risk going into labour then :-/
Never been bothered about when a baby arrives before but I feel so pressured with this one.
LesleyAnn has your MW said it's a definite no to HB if you go 2 weeks overdue? My MW said about going overdue and having induction as if it was a done deal. Will see if I get to that stage before I mention I don't want induction just monitoring as long as I can.

lol my MW said home till 42wks , didnt mention monitoring but i'll fight for it if i have the energy to keep going if we get to that point lol

Mine said 42 weeks then it gets passed over to a consultant to decide and be monitored daily.. felt like saying no, I'LL decide where I give birth tyvm but just smiled and nodded lol

I dunno what i'll do if I go 42+. Going to the hospital to be monitored everyday is so not practical for us :(

yeh my MW said if my waters go first again it'll be the same protocal as when it happened with imogen, in after 24 hours and induction if not pregressing to their standards!! i just did the oh yeh and nodded but though yeh we'll see about that ha ha, same with the over 42 weeks which im sure she'll mention on monday.

i think im nesting! im about to tidy under the sofas, ive a feeling theres alot of imogens toys under there ha ha, and ive been eyeing up cleaning the kitchen cupboards, god help me!! but that'll have to wait till imogens at nursery for a full day on tuesday! great fun lol!!

I was reading the AIMS website y'day and it is still the woman's right to give birth at home post 42 weeks. Having gone to 41 weeks last time it was a concern of mine but reading what they had to say about how tiny the risks are of going past that point has really put my mind at rest.

yeah so not a good idea for me to be dragging 2 kids to the hospital for monitoring daily either would have to call in some serious favors with friends and take the bus caus DH cant take the time off work till im actually in labour

Yeah my MW well a MW wrote in my notes that I have been told that past 41+5 Induction is what is happening! Now no way am I going for an induction at 41+5 unless baby needs it but while she is happy and im still getting 10kicks etc im happy to keep her in there! Just means more of my house is getting finished before she turns up lol

Would appear sex and curry did nothing hmmph! Oh offered to have a feel around up there but I have no idea what to tell him to feel for :haha:

EEEEk just got all my paperwork throug hthe post from the hospital! just the blank booklets for labour and delivery care and postnatal care, drug chart, obs chart and few info sheets! i especially like the PROM one where they are now stating 18 hours!! i dont think so some how!!!

Aw your oh sounds keen! No way would mine root around up there haha.

Aw your oh sounds keen! No way would mine root around up there haha.

He searched what to feel for with Kyle and had a feel lol he dicribed it as a donut with a small hole with Kyle haha but been ages since he read it... His been given orders from work to get this baby out by sex so they know when he will be at work properly lol

Well I just lost loads of plug!! Tmi feel like I just blew my nose out my bits lol

oooooo, when my friend went into labour she lost loads of plug earlier in the day, she said it was disgusting and just kept coming out ha ha!! hopefully that means its soon for you. xx

It is discusting! Just lost more you forget how much of it there is and how gross it is lol Hopfully it will mark the start of something but im not too hopefull tbh

hope this is it for you lesleyann and you too lyn!

I had no change again at midwife. 4/5 palpable, good HR, good bp, slight trace protein in urine but otherwise clear. She did say about a sweep but since ive had no signs really itd prob just cos me discomfort or itd be unsuccessful cos it wouldnt be favourable so i decided against it and booked in for 1 the same time next week.

im booked to see the MW next week im hoping fingers crossed she will do a sweep for me lol if baby hasnt shown up, gotta get off my bum though and get moving else this baby will not be nice and jst stay in there

I've had another good consultant appointment in my planning of a not-at-home-anymore birth. Agreed my plans to not have CTG on if everything is ok and to let me self examine for internals. Everything else on the plan is very natural, movement, upright position ect.

Very much the homebirthing state of mind, but just not the location anymore.

thats great that your consultant appt went well, glad you feel supported. How low does ones cervix go before/during the birth? I literally cannot feel mine at the moment so DH has to help with the EPO shoving duties. Cant imagine Id be able to do an internal on myself as things stand

Im going to see how I feel if I get to 42w but I kinda think that Ive refused induction for being diabetic so theres no reason I would be induced just because i crossed an arbitrary dateline. Im being monitored anyway so I guess they would just step it up a notch. They have said that kick counts are much more important than scans tho.

Celesse great news on the appointment I think the MW's got scared yesterday when i didnt show for my appointment i got a call from them and she sounded concernd and then relieved to hear i wasnt in labour lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->