Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Congratulations Blaze and Samantha on your little bundles!

Could people please check the first post. We're way behind so clearly lots of people haven't sent me messages about births!

I've been trying to take epo orally but it makes me feel really sick! Rubbish.

Also. What's the bucket for?

Well were having to attach our pool hose to the spare pipe under the sink which only supplies hot water (think it used to be attached to the old washer but now there all cold water only) so initially its for oh to put cold water in th pool. Then it'll be used for vomiting in if I need to be or other mishaps from the other end which I'd rather not think about ha ha. X

I think I need to look around when I look for waterproof stuff lol just wondering why a bucket....? Lol

Bucket to be sick in hun..

well im bouncing away on the birth ball to mtv's hit 40 lol cant do any harm lol

We had a few buckets. The plan was one for placenta, one for vomit, one for other rubbish (eg poo!). In the event I wasn't sick, other things were otherwise dealt with :blush: the placenta came out in theatre! But I have some nice new buckets which I needed anyway.

Does the mw not bring a special bin for the placenta? Might have to adke her Monday how they deal with it lol. X

I've got a placenta bin (encapsulating it) bit was assuming mw would bring a yellow bag thing?

I thought yellow bag but thought they might bring something similar to a sharps bin (but not for sharps ha ha) just incase. They'll be taking in their car won't they and if the bag was to leak! Eeeeew ha ha.

I had a placenta bin in my bag the midwife brought round. I think its just a sharps bin (like they use in hospital for needles). Can be sealed and thrown in the incinerator. Since the midwife has to take it away I would have thought a yellow bin as opposed to a yellow bag was a bit safer so she doesn't get placenta all over her car.

ive got quite a few white towels which i may have aquired over various holidays from hotels :blush: ha ha if they get blood stained should this come out if i chuck them in the wash asap after were done?
I have white towels as standard as I love the fact you can boil wash them. Mine are years old but look as good as new. the kids drop them on the floor, take them outside and they generally end up a right mess with all sorts of stains but chucked in the machine on 90degree wash and they come up lovely :thumbup:
I found some yellow towels in the loft :shrug: which I was going to throw after use but I'm leaning towards using the white towels and boiling after. I hate the thought of throwing things out - I'm on my way to being an over-excessive recycler lol.

Mmmmmm might have to try a 90 wash cause they've never felt the same as when we had them in the hotel maybe that's where I've gone wrong lol. it would be a shame to have to chuck them so that's sounding good. Xx

Yay good luck Lesley! I knew that plug would be the start of it! Hope everything goes well. Xxx

good luck lesleyann cant wait to hear details of your girly :D

anyone seen this :roll: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15861280 Thankfully the MW on bbc this morning was very good at clearly highlighting how tiny the risk was and that it doesnt include 2nd time mums.

I thought yellow bag but thought they might bring something similar to a sharps bin (but not for sharps ha ha) just incase. They'll be taking in their car won't they and if the bag was to leak! Eeeeew ha ha.

Yes, thats what I have in my box :) they have bags too obv and a small sharps box.

Just had a read! Glad the mw clarified a few things. People will hear/see it and it'll put them off. X

Yes, thats what I have in my box :) they have bags too obv and a small sharps box.

Mmmmm I was gonna click on thanks but if you quote in a post the thanks buttons not there!!!! Stupid! Thanks anyway ha ha.xx

Eta oh it's there now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->