Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

With DD my cervix was still pretty high and posterior the day before I went into labour. I don't think it start moving forward until I was in early / latent labour. I find cervix is most easily felt sat on the toilet using just one finger. I've never had trouble finding it myself and I kinda wonder if I have a small vagina or something....not like us woman can compare sizes in the locker room though!

ok ive heard about this posterior cervix thing. so im assuming that its at the back (facing bum), so towards labour does it move to the front of the passage (facing bladder)?! That worries me tbh that its racing about inside me! :rofl:

I dont think I fancy trying to reach my own for some reason no idea why though :shrug: lol With kyle I always made oh check while I was laying down lol

Annoyed right now my lovely downstairs toilet is on a bloody constant flush!! Just rang the agents they will see if they can get someone out hmm.. I reported the problem as fixable before but this time there is no stopping it lol Hope im not on a water meter hmm not checked that yet

If you imagine the top wall being the wall against the bladder and the bottom wall being the wall against the bum...It stays on the top wall. But when its posterior its right at the back of the top wall and kind of travels forward.

I felt my cervix just before labour with DD and it was a few cm (say 10cm) away from the entrance. In labour I felt it at about 4/5cm and it was about 4cm from the entrance.

With DD my cervix was still pretty high and posterior the day before I went into labour. I don't think it start moving forward until I was in early / latent labour. I find cervix is most easily felt sat on the toilet using just one finger. I've never had trouble finding it myself and I kinda wonder if I have a small vagina or something....not like us woman can compare sizes in the locker room though!

I can only feel mine the same way too. When did you start epo as it's something I've got in my drawer but keep forgetting to find out when to start ha ha and how many mg do you use I'm sure mine are 1500mg caps. There extra strength ones. I'm guessing cause you due days after me it's something I can start nowish. X

My cervix never changes until labour starts - I also never dropped with either LO! I actually checked my cervix the morning I went into labour and could hardly feel it, it was so high up. Then when MW checked 5h later she could feel the baby's head! :haha:

can you turn the water off to the toilet?

Just realised I was being a bit of a spacial awareness spaz. had a stress thinking omg cervix faces my bum! But had a check and realised it was just because I was looking at it backwards. Dont ask me to read a map....

can you turn the water off to the toilet?

Just realised I was being a bit of a spacial awareness spaz. had a stress thinking omg cervix faces my bum! But had a check and realised it was just because I was looking at it backwards. Dont ask me to read a map....

No idea :haha: But someone should be out within the next 30mins! I think if I turn the water off for the toilet I have to turn all the water off not sure..

I got some EPO today, (87p for 30 at wilko). I'm gonna be taking orally for now and will think about foofally after I hit 37 weeks. I want to make sure all the housework is done first.

I got some EPO today, (87p for 30 at wilko). I'm gonna be taking orally for now and will think about foofally after I hit 37 weeks. I want to make sure all the housework is done first.

:haha: me too, trying to get on top of stuff is a pain especially when a toddler is here messing it all up after ha ha. i'll leave the epo till next week then! god 1 week till full term, gone way too quickly! xx

my cervix 1 day prior to ds2 being born was high posterior and firm it was softer after 4 hours of early labour contractions when i went into hospital but still high and positerior the MW didnt think one lot of gel would work lol, it moves dam quick when your in labour ive found lol i got a good feel of it 6 1/2 hrs after that MW when he was on his way down and out and my waters went

i'll have to pop into wilkos over the weekend to get some EPO still not got my RLT lol i should really get some i guess

Hay ladies im carol I am currently pregnant with mine and hubbys 3rs child and planning a home birth =) I had my 36week check and home visit yesterday from my mw and baby is head down and slightly engaged =)

apart from lots of towel and something waterproof the midwife has said that I don't need anything else..... Surely there is other things we need (other than her equipment) lol

I have been taking raspberry leaf tablets and i have got epo but slightly worries about when to use it and how as i have a friends birthday and hubbys first works Xmas do at his new job 13 and 12 days before my due date lol

Any help or info into homebirthing would be great because im a newbie lol =) xx

:hi: MA, i remember you from the tri boards, not seen you around for a while but then im mainly in here anyway now lol. im also planning a HB, things ive got are a pool which has all the kit with it. a shower curtain to put on sofa or something if i dont manage the pool or want/have to get out, towels and im gonna get a small desk lamp cause ive read thats something they usually ask for, as well as a small table which i already have anyway. the rest the MW will bring or send round soon. got my visit on monday so will find out all the ins and outs, very exciting.
RLT- ive been taking it for about 3 weeks now, i bought tablets and currently taking two but bumping it to 3 at some point in next few days. im not up to speed with EPO but you can take it orally or internally like a pessery over night. gonna wait till im full term next week i think.

how are you doing otherwise? xxx

Ljo1984 im good thank you tbh im finding this pregnancy easy ish lol ha ha I have found that my rl gives me bh that have lasted up to 6hours long at 4mins apart so I've been taking 1 in the morning and 1 at night but not taking them every day =/ lol loops I think secretly I would like baby to wait till after Xmas to come lol

I have got a little desk lamp for the mw and a table but still need something waterproof lol I was going to have a birthing pool too but I thought that with me cooking Xmas dinner I wouldn't really have anywhere to put it in the house were in now and thought that maybe the kids would want to junp in there with me lol =)

4Weeks for us =)

Hi Carol! When I got my stuff together for DD all I really had that was different from what you'd take into hospital was about 5 cheap ikea shower curtains and 4 cheap ikea fleecey throws. Everything else came in the midwives box and the nice ambulance crew brought me 5 tanks of gas and air!

https://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html <<good info on EPO.

i got a shower curtain from wilko for £3 can pick them up cheap enough and they'll do the job. yeh ive found it not as painful as omogen lol, had really bad hip pain with her but its no where near as bad this time. i dont mind if it comes before or after but i wand it to not come on xmas day ha ha! my MW is on call on the 22nd so she wants me to have it then! wish it was that easy ha ha.

i have loads of towels , a few sheets and an old duvet ( will be thrown out afterwards ) gonna duct tape the shower curtain over the sofa to protect that and will have some disposible bed mats to sit on. hoping to do the 3rd stage in the pool so that will reduce the mess hopefully, got a waterproof floor sheet for under the pool and a spare for the rest of the floor lol, need a bucket still and the bed mats and some arnica to help with healing

Asda do the white shower curtains for £1.51 I think it is.. poundland also sometimes how shower curtains in.

oh god i need a bucket! lol, i really need to remember that!! ive got quite a few white towels which i may have aquired over various holidays from hotels :blush: ha ha if they get blood stained should this come out if i chuck them in the wash asap after were done? (or get OH to im not doing anything :haha:) ive got a pair of curtains ive just taken down from the nursery to put up new ones so im gonna wash them and use them too, then chuck after :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->