Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

My MW only left notes - I guess they bring the stuff they need with them.

Wow LesleyAnn - hope all is going well for you. And breathe...... lol x

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15861280 << First time home births in BMJ.

A home birth carries a higher risk for the babies of first-time mothers, according to a landmark study published in the British Medical Journal.

However, the chance of harm to the baby is still under 1%, the study of almost 65,000 births in England found.

For a second birth there was no difference in the risk to babies between home, a midwife-led unit or a doctor-led hospital unit. ..........
Click link above to read the rest.

Lexi Mae born at 8:25am 6lbs 9oz.. Ready to push just as pool full but not up to temp.

aw congratulations lesley! cant wait to hear your full story and see a pic of your princess. xxxx

Quick bit while lexi is asleep and Kyle is watching his DVD frOm her..

Woke up with contractions just after 6am, sent Jamie to work to tell him to cone home by 6:40.. Contractions where aprox 2mins apart lasting 30-40seconds.. Rang the mat unit at 7am mw who was my normal midwife turned up at 8am, she did her tests and at 8:10am I was 5cm dialated, so she rang for the other midwife who was already outside... The pool was now full but not hot enough when I decided I needed to push so within 15mins I went from 5cm to lexi beingborn... She was born inside her sac still which popped itself when she was born... Pool was not hot enough so she was born on the floor infront of the pool.. No stitches needed as everything stayed intact fully

Kyles not to sure on her yet, Kyle woke up just before she was born so my mum came over to sit with him in his room, she turned up just as lexi had been born x excuse the spelling etc im on my phone lol pictures will be posted later x

Eek Congrats :D how fast! Sounds ideal.

My turn next!

oh my god thats so quick! i bet your body is in shock!! congratulations again. xx

Congratulations!

That study couldn't have come at a worse time for me. Will have this to contend with now as well as everything else :(

Its a TINY raised risk hun. less than 1%.

That with all the other 1%s tho. :(

I just dont feel safe birthing anywhere now. wish he could stay in....

Congrats Lesleyann well done

typical the one morning im out all morning and a baby arrives.

anything new for you lyn? I thought you'd have had baby by now!

more itty bitty bits of plug and was getting crampy BH all morning and (tmi the bowels are loose ) which is a surprise since im on iron tablets, hopefully a nice hot curry tonight ( DH is taking me out ) will help things along and i'll have this LO over the weekend

i could do with a curry i think but have a lasagna to eat :dohh: I lost quite a lot of plug this morning but no blood :(!

That with all the other 1%s tho. :(

I just dont feel safe birthing anywhere now. wish he could stay in....

:hugs: People reporting on the article will probably sensationalise the contents making it sound much more dramatic (and therefore interesting) than it is.

https://www.bmj.com/content/343/bmj.d7400 << The actual article if anyone wants to have a closer look.

Conclusions and policy implications
Our results support a policy of offering healthy nulliparous and multiparous women with low risk pregnancies a choice of birth setting. Adverse perinatal outcomes are uncommon in all settings, while interventions during labour and birth are much less common for births planned in non-obstetric unit settings.

Congratulations LesleyAnn. A very quick birth (hope I get the same!)
What a pretty name, can't wait for the pics. Hope you are getting some rest and lots of cuddles x
Being born in the caul is supposed to be really lucky isn't it?

PB - I guess you can take me off the first page of HB Hopefuls since LO didn't cook long enough :( My due date was supposed to be Nov 28 but turned into Nov 05! xx

Yeah midwives said it is lucky.. Also they said there is no way she is an over due baby infact they would say she's an early baby!!! Which would mean they where well out on my dates!! Still got to deflate the pool going to list it on eBay over the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->