Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I keep visualising my birth and just letting my mind wander (as per hypnobirthing) and every time I do it's a birth like yours, nice and quick and baby just sloshes out. Think it's a prediction or wishful thinking? :rofl:

Meltdown over now. Realised that theres no way I could have some undiagnosed thing (which is what they said might be the reason for the increase in first timers) as I've had so much bloody fuss! Scan number 11 done last week and have two a week from 39w. Anyway, we can never park at our hospital. Far too much bother going all the way there.

Yeah midwives said it is lucky.. Also they said there is no way she is an over due baby infact they would say she's an early baby!!! Which would mean they where well out on my dates!! Still got to deflate the pool going to list it on eBay over the weekend

Why do they think that? Cos she was diddy? Amelie was 6lb4 but they thought she might have been later than 39+1 cos she had absolutely zero vernix and her skin was really dry.

Yeah midwives said it is lucky.. Also they said there is no way she is an over due baby infact they would say she's an early baby!!! Which would mean they where well out on my dates!! Still got to deflate the pool going to list it on eBay over the weekend

Why do they think that? Cos she was diddy? Amelie was 6lb4 but they thought she might have been later than 39+1 cos she had absolutely zero vernix and her skin was really dry.

Because of the amount of vernix and condition of the placenta and her skin is so so soft.. Also they gave me so many different due dates anyway but went with the 20th even though every scan said a different date! I'm not bothered if she was late or early just happy she is here and delivered at home even if my pool went unused lol

Cranberry you never know! I did not expect to be that fast! Even the midwifes thought it may be a while as my contractions where not long enough or in the right place? But boy where hey effective!

Just waiting for my mum to bring dinner around lol lexi asleep, Kyle playing with his new diggers not sure what oh is doing!

aw :cloud9: enjoy your first night as a family of 4 hun!

My mums first labour (with me) was 12 hours, my brother was 2 hours from waters breaking to holding him.. eek!

Congratulations Lesleyann! So fast.. enjoy your little girl.

Have been stalking this thread for a while now, also hoping for a homebirth with my first. No scaremongering gutter press is going to scare me off.

Good luck to the rest of you who are nearing Bday.
x

Does anyone know anything about afterbirth pains? How many days do thy stay for etc? Midwifes just said take the normal wonder drug that comes in tablet form lol but that was all! I never had these with Kyle so it's all new to me and kind f annoying since atleast contractions had a goal lol

Are you breastfeeding lesleyann? I found my uterus contractions quite sore when Amelie would feed but it only lasted a few days.

Does anyone know anything about afterbirth pains? How many days do thy stay for etc? Midwifes just said take the normal wonder drug that comes in tablet form lol but that was all! I never had these with Kyle so it's all new to me and kind f annoying since atleast contractions had a goal lol

Mine were much worse this time around and lasted about 3 days - especially while feeding LO. Apparently they get worse with subsequent pregnancies.

Yeh I've had several people say it's second pregnancy and onwards where you get the after pains. My mum said it was worse than the labour but surly she's over exaggerating!!! She better be!

Turns out my friend who had her baby otherday was a quickie too!! Contractions at midnight waters broke half 3, got to mau at 4.40 and he was born in there at 4.54!! I really want that sort of timing! At home it would be perfect, pool will be sorted and I'll get use out of my tens ha ha! X

Oh here I was hoping it may be a 24hour thing lol yeah we are trying to bf... I say try she will suckle when not on properly but not when she is lol I always thought after pains where a bit of a lie but my they are no fun, my baby is asleep, oh is asleep and Kyle is asleep but I'm up grrr

my after pains with EJ were about 2 wks worth i was taking my codine for them and putting a hot water bottle on my tummy when i had to feed caus nursing made them hurt worse but they did go away

Hi ladies,

I went into latent labour on Sunday, and active labour early Monday. I gave birth to Elliott at 09:14 on Monday 21st. He weighed a rather large 8lbs 6 ( big compared to DS1 who was 6lbs 11)

Home birth was lovely, no issues at all, managed the pain by using my TENs and birth pool.

Active labour was only 3 hours and I went from being 5cm to giving bith in 1:15 mins!

Unfortunately I have a 2 nd degree tear and sore nipples, but generally well.

X

awww congratulations diz, glad everything went well and congratulation to you all. hope you recover quickly. xxxxx

Huge congrats hun!!

Heres the link to my birth story including pictures;
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/809731-lexi-maes-homebirth.html#post14185137

lovely news diz :D was thinking about you earlier today!

Congratulations LesleyAnn and Diz!

So who's next? Is it you Blah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"