Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Welcome Amy...no need to read the lot you'll loose precious days out your life LOL

Just remember we're all nuts and you'll be fine.

About the most supportive section you'll find in BnB!

Welcome amy! And lol you would never get though all this! You will get to know people in here anyway. :flower:

anyone recently given birth got half a bottle spare of clary sage or any leftover EPO or RLT capsules they dont want anymore? im happy to pay postage lol, i just need some now and cant get out to get any

are you struggling a lot now Lynn?
Is it likely you will feel better once baby is born or does it take a bit of time?

oh lynn hope LO decideds to arrives sooner rather than later! i oredered my RL tablets off ebay, and i bet you can get other two as well if no boday has any to spare. i need to order more!! xx

I never brought any sorry hun or I would post to you! I almost brought some at 40+2 but was not sure what it was exactly I needed so wimped out!

Hope baby decides to come out for you soon hun!

are you struggling a lot now Lynn?
Is it likely you will feel better once baby is born or does it take a bit of time?

i had to ditch the nursery run this morning the :sex: last night to encourage baby out left me crippled in one leg.
Im just not sleeping well , not managing to physically keep up with what has to be done daily for the boys etc.... i need this baby out the SPD will be alot better probably right away and completely go within a couple of weeks max but at least i'll be able to reach my feet without feeling like im splitting in half lol.

i didnt buy any EPO, RLT and Clary sage this time caus Im not fond of the smell of clary sage but it does work, was planning to use sex not EPO to ripen my cervix and it has seemed to be working from what i can tell, and RLT is supposed to make 2nd stage quicker and it was dam quick with EJ and DH has been scared of baby arriving before the MW does lol

Oh noes,hope your leg isnt too bad missus!

See DTD when heavily pg isnt all its cracked up to be! I just couldnt do it!

40+5 today.. where is my baby?!

Hope your leg is better soon lyn :hugs:

6days till guess date, possible 19/20 days till baby has actually arrived

Cranberry, either a folded up piece of gauze or a torn off piece of cotton wool, secured with whatever kind of tape your skin is happy with should be fine. But if you apply pressure for a minute or so, you may find baby doesn't need anything stuck over anyway.

Oh, and I'd bought a tennis ball for DH to use to massage my back so his hands wouldn't get tired. It stayed at home in my birth box in the end....to be used next time!

hi ladies,

Can I pick your brains?

I saw my old midwife today who assisted at my homebirth and she asked me to have a think about what else the area could offer to encourage women to chose to homebirth. My area is looking to majorly increase the number of homebirths they do and the quality of care they offer.

I know everyone in hear is very pro homebirth, but can you have a think that if you were wobbling about the decision or sitting on the fence what might help you have the confidence to go for home?

I was thinking along the lines of:
- a local support group where mums who'd birthed at home could answer questions
- meeting some of the midwives who are likely to attend, both give confidence in those looking after you and reassurance its likely a known face will turn up on the day
- ladies being fully informed about interventions in hospital and how they can cascade(although this may scare some ladies)

they already try and sell homebirths in my area but atm theres a lack of take up, so its trying to figure out why!

anymore idea? thanks! xx

How about Dads and birth partner to speak to and put in touch with the wobbling birth partner/hubbys etc?

Too many of us get the wobbles on account of those around us being unsure.

Home birth support groups tick all those boxes. We have mws and doulas attend to field questions both clinical and on birth rights etc and dads always come along for other dads to talk to. Easy to organise and very helpful for everyone!

thanks guys, good idea on having dads/ birth partners there for def.

what about getting people to go to those support groups initially? my old midwife is sooo encouraging of homebirths and the positives but ladies just say no :shrug:, don't get it myself :haha:. Shes started planting the seed at postnatal visits straight after ladies have had number 1, especially if it all went smoothly! but that doesn't help with first timers!

I think the groups sound great if they have mw's etc there! My oh was pretty laid back with the whole it's my body my labour so up to me, it was family members who where very worried about it which did make me wobble at times but I just reminded my self even in hospital it takes time to get things set up ready where as they would be being set up while I was on my way if needed..

I think the lack o uptake is due to lack of knowlage? And the fact alot of people don't know anyone who has had a homebirth or atleast a planned homebirh to have someone to discuss and think though with, some people say it's the same with breastfeeding that people who only ever hear or see bottle feeding are less likely to breastfeed

Posted at the same time lol first time mums I guess maybe covering it more in the nhs baby book all it says about homebirth really was to ask midwife! And in antinatal cover it more and talk about the pro's to homebirths over hospital births.. Maybe at booking in or the 12week scan they should give out a "your quide to delivery" which will list the available options in detail, with websites listed to research more but then it has been given in plenty of time for mum to research and ask questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->