Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

My god Lesley your keen ha ha! I can't really help cause I'd had an episiotomy last time which took a while to heal as stitches opened! Didn't dtd for about 3 months.

I suppose it when you Feel ready, Don't think there is a time scale is there?

My god Lesley your keen ha ha! I can't really help cause I'd had an episiotomy last time which took a while to heal as stitches opened! Didn't dtd for about 3 months.

I suppose it when you Feel ready, Don't think there is a time scale is there?

I cant help it lol I dont know why I was not bothered at all untill last night then all of a suddern out of know where BANG sex drive back :haha:

I know with kyle I waited till 3weeks PP but I had a graze and a bite<(WTF) from delivery and had gotten over an infection in there it was a little sore... hmmm I think I will try and wait till atleast 14days pp :haha:

I'll have some of what ever you're having Lasley, I'm nearly 7 months PP and still cant be arsed.

I would have thought that when ever u feel that your body is ready or when ever pp af stoops, me n hubby wanted to dtd very soon pp last time but my pp af wouldn't allow us lol

I'm with you chuck! I'm shattered now and it's only gonna get worse with night feeds! Sleep is soooooo much beter lol.

congrats ashy,

no signs here, had the sky installers out this morning and Hubby went off to work as normal fingers crossed for a better day with some action

Much rather have a chunky kitkat and a cup of tea than dtd!

Lesley you should be fine, just maybe get OH to take it slowly, which could be kinda fun in itself. I don't know if cervix would still be a little dilated at 9days. Maybe check and if it is, or if you don't know use condoms to minimise chance of infection.

Well I asked the midwife today as she was discharging me from her care and she just said when ever I feel ready, never mentioned anything having to of stopped bleeding or anything.. Just said that since I had a straight forward delivery with no grazes etc.. Just to make sure im carefull not to get pregnant again lol

I read this babycentre thread by this woman who had sex while pregnant and gave birth the next day prematurely (not related) but then found out she was pregnant and her dates put ovulation at like 2 days after birth!

Drama drama. I can't turn over in bed anymore let alone do bedroom gymnastics. Pp I'll be using my bed for sleeping in my front aaah. Miss it so much

Found this for those ready to drop, enjoy

Check out this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2AUCPtDObc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My pushchair arrived today :happydance: although I still have to get footmuffs and looking at the weather, sooner rather than later!
I was so sure I was going to go early but now it seems like baby is quite happy tucked in there. Due a week today so no rush although I was hoping it would be before Christmas and hopefully before next week as my mum won't be able to make it after then. Hopefully this weekend will be the one although the timing is never what you want is it?!
LesleyAnn - It used to be they advised to wait until after 6 week check up. I can't say that I ever have, I think it's the thought of not being allowed that makes me want it more :blush:

After a massive argument with the hospital and them sending me a frankly totally shitty email (last week the neonatologist said baby had a 50% chance of a hypo, i said oh rly thats interesting as ive read/been told by my diabetic team that he has a very LOW chance, please send me any studies you have on this.... email back 'ummm we have no studies to back this up', right then, jog on...) we have agreed to transfer post birth.

Its not how I would like it and its not how I think it should be done and its definitely not fair and just but all this stress theyre causing its going to mean that I will end up needing interventions so at least now I can relax and focus on unclenching my legs enough to let the baby out.

So as long as theres no clinical need otherwise the plan is, lovely safe calm birth at home. Calm transfer, I shower and eat, get all ready and cleaned up then transfer with no blue lights or stress (aim to get to hospital within 4 hours post birth). DH follows us in the campervan and doula comes with me.

DH is allowed to stay overnight which pretty much guarantees us a private room, however officially they cant guarantee a private room -theyre not gonna have him sitting there while the other women get all snarky saying 'why isnt my DH allowed to stay'.

Baby gets tested and fed exactly the same as he would at home, theyve said that leaving the ward may be hard due to security, but rly do they stop mothers taking their babies out of wards?! Surely they check wristbands etc. Will have the campervan outside and we can sit in our own space if we want. Sounds mental but its like a little house in there and its not like staying home but is good enough.

We go home after 24 hrs - Im not sitting around all day waiting for discharge too.

Sorted. Now, baby its safe to come out. This way this way :haha:

I've been following your thread on Facebook Helen and am so glad you have found some peace out of all the stress.
I do find it shocking that medical professionals see fit to threaten and bully with disregard for family life.
Fx it all goes well and you get to show them it can be just as you planned x

not in labour after the nursery run, heres hoping my SPD calms down so i can relax and allow things to start

I think I remember that you were closer to 42 with your other two lyn? Maybe your body just grows babies for a bit longer. I know it's hard not to focus on it tho. Hope the SPD eases

I have just proven that fh is bullshit. Mw measured me as 41w. Sent me for a scan as not sure of presentation (felt him move head down on the drive there, he was diagonal I think) and hospital mw measures me as 45w! Also 2/5 palpable now. No way I'm 7w ahead. I have a hernia which I think skews it.

Also only gained 1kg in 4w :) I've got it to lose tho so it's coming off me not baby.

lol yes i was closer to 42, very close at 11 and 13 days overdue, doesnt stop me wanting this one now lol im getting more signs that this one will come out sooner than i did with the other 2 with the last one i was so unfavorable that at 40+2 she couldnt do a sweep and at 41+2 she booked my induction caus again she couldnt manage to give me a sweep and when they gave me the gel she couldnt manage a sweep then either lol but he came out in under 8 hours from then so if i could just start contracting then my already favorable cervix wont have much work to do then bubs will be here

Anyone use the natal hypno cd? I've got a copy and don't think I have the actual birth section.... Have fast post natal recovery, Preg relaxation(imagine yourself under an oak tree etc), relaxation (hypno to be used pre birth, positive visualisation etc) and relaxing birth music. No actual hypno for during the birth?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->