Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thanks hun, well MW just got back to me. She said it was a La Bassine pool. She said the generic liner always wrinkle and move, so im just gonna bit the bullet and pay the cash to her...at least i wont have to worry about purchasing it.Ill just give her the money.....

do i sound crazy...for as much as i dread birth, i am actually really excited about it! I just have a feeling that things are going to go much better, less pain, and faster this go around than last time...i just have this gut feeling that being at home, in my own house, is going to make for a much faster (and painfree) labor!

No I feel just the same! I never experienced natural labour last time due to pitocin, then ended up with epi and forceps so have no idea what transition/birth feels like so I'm quite anxious about that but I am excited about how well home births seem to go reading all these fab ladies stories. Really makes me feel I can do it and enjoy it.

I have a la basine, I saw on a thread some good advice from merves mum, she said don't inflate it fully before putting the liner in, then once it's in finish filling with air, it's easier to get on that way. Xx

That's brilliant! she is such a knowledgeable lady!

Im excited about birth because...of the prospects that maybe it wont be so painful...or as long (30 hours) haha...even though my last birth was intervention free, baby was born face up and the back labor with that was unbearable...i mean i did bear it but it was a lot worse than "regular" contractions, or so im told. I also have a feeling being at home will make it go much quicker, which is a plus because dealing with labor when you are energized is hard enough, let alone when your dead tired....but i am scared i'll have another posterior baby :(

your baby will be here any day now! :dance::yipee::happydance:

Hopefully! Well before Christmas I hope at least! Yes back labour is said to be alot more painful so I hope this onevis well behaved for you. Xxx

Sounds like we are both going to have better labors!
What you went through sounds so scary :(
I def think you will find great healing with your homebirth :cloud9:

I think I'm in labour. Not at home and I've been induced. Long story. But I asked them to book me in and it's the most home birthy induction ever so far. 40 secs every 2 mins at the moment on tens.

Hay ladies epo help... I started taking it yesterday (swallowing) and I woke today with alot of dc

Then when I went to the loo just a min ago some dropped onto my hand (yuck I know) anyway it was very very very watery and a milky colour.... Could this be due to the epo or something else....?

Sounds like the EPO. It might go clumpy too.....

Hope your birth is going well, cranberry! Cant wait to hear all about it :cloud9:

Her last update in her journal thus afternoon says she's 4cm. Hopefully not much longer. Xx

:bodyb: keep it up mama!

thanks for the update!
...i think i'll just go stalk her journal now :haha:

Good luck Cranberry - I hope you get the birth you want after fighting so hard for it. How lovely that you will get the baby you want soon x x

Was an induction in the end. I asked for it as my Bp went up. And with the diabetes it all just felt wrong. He was strong enough to deal with the interventions and I rly don't think I'd get away with a natural hospital birth. Things were just starting to stack on top of each other and I'm happy with how it worked out.

He's here tho and lovely :) went from 4-10 in 2 hrs which was a bit of a bloody shock. Then pushed with an epidural for 40 mins. Was threatened with ventouse and summoned it up and squished him out by myself. Was real purple pushing as I couldn't feel most of the ctx but it worked.

Had everything they could throw at me and I don't regret any of it. Every decision was made knowing all the pros and cons. Pethadine gave me sleep which got me to the first crucial cm. Waters were broken which got me to 4. Epidural gave me a rest (had been contracting every 2 mins for 40 secs for 22 hours by then) I was shattered by the end of it. Falling asleep in between ctx but I did it!

Kinda feel like once I asked for induction I had to be prepared to accept other things. The ctx just did not build up at all. It was none then bam. Used tens and hypno for 12 hrs but then I was told that they were just prostin pains (which they weren't) and lost focus a bit then I needed other things to get me through it

So I got the birth i wanted. It was safe and healthy with every decision made mindfully.

Also James was 6lb 11. So much for giant diabetic baby. His sugar levels and temps are also fine. As they always were going to be. Seeing twatbag neonatologist later and shall gloat!

He's lush tho. Feeding not quite there but we have all the elements just need a bit more coordination. I'm fine too. One stitch and a mahoosive bruised foof as he was rly low for ages while I was dilating. Poor thing has a bruised head to match.

Also he was born on his edd worked out by lmp. How weird is that (actual edd is 20th)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->