Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

ha ha i put it on a couple of weeks ago to see what it felt like and i screamed it was like little electric shockes but then i got used to it and it felt more like a massage ha ha!! i only stayed on the lowest level it goes on, i was too much of a pansy! im sure when im in labour though i'll be cranking up the levels no problem ha ha!
mines from boots (own brand) theres 3 different levels for as labour is progressing and in each level theres so many stages of intensity you can move up and down, then the boost button for during a contraction. quite looking forward to seeing if it does actually work. xxx

Congratulations and well done to both embob and cranberry! :D

I loved my tens in labour with Rudy, it was the only thing i had (apart from the 2 paracetamol :haha:) and pressing that boost button really made me feel like i had a bit of control when everything sped up towards the end and got quite intense :thumbup:

Lol well it won't be long till we will both get to use them =) I never did with my other two so it will be good to see how much they really do work and if I wish that I would of had one the other times =)

I've still got no signs of going into labour yet tho have u....? Xx

Nothing till earlier! My mum text saying one of her dogs was attacked by another dog out walking and the owners ran off leaving it attacking! My dad had to kick it off! My mums poor dog was screaming and vets have rang saying his leg is in a bad way, one muscle torn in half, another shredded (all in same leg), he could loose it if it becomes infected. He's staying in tonight for fluids and observation.

Anyway I've been a bit high rate shall we say, I'm so mad and upset about it and baby don't like it! Getting alot of pressure and head grinding going on down there and alot of strong bh! Not mentioned it to anyone though I'm sure it'll die down!! Xx

Congratulations Embob and Cranberry!

So I can hardly get on here and am not managing to keep up with the posts to update the front properly and most people aren't PMing me. So, does anyone fancy taking over the thread?

Whats everyone's opinion on the tens machine for back labor?
Does it actually work for that sort of pain, or not? :shrug: also, if you use the tens and then take it off to get into the water, do the contractions come as a shock since you arn't used to them without it?

In the states no one uses the TENS...its unheard of...but a local doula has one she is willing to lend...im just not sure if its worth $60 or not.

Mmmm not sure on the back labour! Where the pads are placed stimulated the nerves connected to the uterus etc so I suppose even if it's back labour it's all coming from the same place at the end of the day! It help you to build up your own natural pain relief so when you take it off you should still have that pumping round your system then by getting in the warm water that's a new pain relief so I'd of thought the transition of the two wouldnt cause too much distress. I've read alot of storied where women have found alot of relief when getting in the pool so I've not really worried about taking the tens off.

$60 will work out similar to rental prices here too. xxx

Sorry to hear about ur mums dog n I hope he manages to make a full recovery =)

I just got back from my mw appointment n baby is now 1/5th engaged again lol so at least baby is heading the rite way lol ha ha but since coming back I have got a really bad back ache =/ but I think with a bit of rest I should be back to normal again =) xx

I have got another appointment for the 29th if baby hasn't turned up by then =)

Ooooo mines the day before yours. Did she mention a sweep or anything? I was 3/5 engaged last week, surly it's fully engaged now whenever I'm standing/walking over last few days it feels like its just gonna fall out ha ha. Really hope it's here before Xmas! Tomorrow would be great, it's imms full day at nursery!! X

My mums dog is back home with some nasty war wounds! Hopefully it'll heal nicely and won't get infected otherwise he'll probably need that leg off! He's on antibiotics so hopefully it won't come to that.

no but I mentioned to her about a sweep last week as I wanted to know if I could have one even tho I have the blood sacs and she said it should be fine and I can have one when im late =)

well im glad that ur mums dog is home safe and fingers crosses the antibiotics will work =)

Congratulations Embob and Cranberry!

So I can hardly get on here and am not managing to keep up with the posts to update the front properly and most people aren't PMing me. So, does anyone fancy taking over the thread?

I'll take it back if you like :) can you pm admin and tell them. Thanks for holding the fort. X

ljo- hope your moms dog is doing better :flow:

labor vibes to you both! You guys are so close to meeting your little bundles of joy :cloud9:

:dust::dust::dust:

Well last night I was in agony with back pain, I had it just after my mw appointment but it got worse.... I took some paracetamols while in bed and I managed to get a little sleep but still was in pain in the night but lucky it has gone today =)

I did take a look at my notes tho and my blood pressure was a little up yesterday (I know it can be a good sign that labour may start soon) but also im measuring 37cm rather than the normal 40 but my mw didnt tell me that I am measuring small n have been since 36 weeks but 3cm small I always thought they sent u for a scan even if it is at the end of pregnancy......?¿

When you get to the end like that FH can be off like that...usually it happens because the baby engaged or at least moved down. ...thats exactly what happened to me, so i wouldn't worry about getting a scan. Its normal..and plus FH can be off plus or minus 2 weeks to begin with...throw that in with a baby getting ready to labor and that can def mess up FH :thumbup:

I would say between your aches and cramping thats exactly whats going on :winkwink:

:dust:

I was always spot on until it started engaging. I was 3/5 engaged last week and was measuring 3 weeks behind but that's cause its moved down and the two growth scans I've had at 28 and 36 weeks were both spot on for average weight baby.

I've been pretty patient up until now! I want baby to come now but I think it's a bit too comfy! Booooo. Xx

Lol yeah I think mine is too comfy too lol but I don't mind.... I don't feel ready or fed up of waiting yet lol

I think I'm starting to get a bit fed up but I think that's only cause I'm worrying it'll come on Xmas day the only day I don't want! But yeh I'm not really that uncomfy where as with Imogen I was in alot of hip pain etc and only got to 38+5 lol. Imogens got yet another cold so it's probably safer in there from the lurg ha ha. Xx

Lol im ill too n so is hubby =/ I have managed to miss the 6colds the kids have had this last 3months n now me and hubby have got it =/

I'm just getting over one which I've had for two weeks and ended up with a sinus infection! Hopefully I'll avoid this new one! Hope your feeling better soon. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->