Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm just jealous, DS1 had a couple days of early labour and 24 hours or so hard labour. DS2 was around 9 hours hard labour.

less than 2 hours pfft she just wasnt trying LOL

^totally understand that! I was in hard labor (posterior baby :wacko:) for 30 hours and it was all back labor....so i get you..i really hope this upcoming birth is nothing like the last one.

Wish I could do homebirth! I live in an area there are absolutely no birthing centers or MW, nobody near where I live to do this. I live in western Iowa, USA. I had two easy births (as in no complications) at hospitals and just think that I'd love to be relaxed at home with the husband instead of hooked up to a gazillion wires, tubes and what not. Keep up the good work and spread the word all, maybe someday home birthing will pick up more pace!

My hard labour was 4 hours with DS, so looks like I had it quite easy compared to some of you ladies...I did have a big baby too!

mine with ds1 was 13 hrs hard labour, ds2 was about 2 hrs and ds3 was about 2 hours hard labour as well lol

I'm starting to get scared I won't get my homebirth :( I feel like my baby isn't coming any time soon as I'm having no signs of labour! OH tried to feel my cervix as I can't reach (was hilarious!) and he said he's pretty sure it's firmly closed...which can't be a good thing can it?

I really don't want to be induced, I just feel like my body isn't ready to have the baby yet....hopefully something will happen in the next ten days though!

Sadie try not to read anything into signs, I had none! For weeks my cervix was the same, I'd guessed about 2cm (bur bearing in mind this is normal when not first pregnancy!) and I guessed 50% effaced as it felt it had reduced by half in length, but that was the same for weeks right until the end. I had no show or anything just woke up contracting. The day before I felt uncomfy and fed up but I don't know if years because it was boxing day and family were round so was quite busy but never thought I was so close to labour.

So try not to worry just yet you never know what's round the corner! Also never had any signs with imm. Xx

Sadie things can change in a matter of hours. It is easy to feel disheartened when things aren't 'textbook'.

Trust that things will happen in your own time when everything is ready.

Thanks for your positive words guys! Had a walk in to town to take my mind off of things, felt a bit crampy and lost some plug.
Tomorrow is full moon!! I'm hoping that maybe it will trigger something? xx

:hugs: Sadie Dont worry you will have this baby. Baby just need to finish cooking :) Some women have NO signs and then out of now where-BAM! they are in labor. Then some are like me and are dialted and effaced for weeks on end and still go almost 42 weeks. Your chance of going into labor before end of 42 weeks is quite high :D

Aniras- i know exactly how you feel. I relocated to coastal New Hampshire from central Pennsylvania (aka: middle of no where- Amish country!). Everyone is stuck birthing in the hospital bc there arn't any MWs, not to mention the fact that homebirth is VERY underground there! With the laws, they make it next to impossible. I am only aware of 2 ladies that had a homebirth there and they both hired an Amish MW to attend....of course the Amish dont have phones or email, and so getting her was quite the challenge! She usually will only attend Amish births.

I am a birth doula and a childbirth educator. I can ask if there are any MWs in your area! I would be willing to be there is one, but sometimes they are a challenge to find, especially if laws are strict. If there isn't one in your area, i can give you contact info for a doula! Thats the next best thing if you must birth in the hospital.

Aniras- what city in Iowa are you near? I have a MW referral for you depending on your exact location.

Also, you may want to check this link out to find one ;) https://www.iowamidwivesassociation.org/

Sadie - good luck, hope baby decides to make an appearance soon :flower:

I've been cleared for my homebirth today, so exciting! :happydance: midwife is dropping off my kit and birth pool this weekend. Now the waiting begins :wacko:

:dance: yay! Thats exciting!
So long as bubs isnt breech and i dont deliver prior to 37 weeks i get my HB too! :yipee: im so excited for us! MW will be out at 35 weeks to do the home visit.

Had my baby this morning! Was in labour for 37 hours in the end was so hard and tiring but got my homebirth.. YIPEE.
Didn't need stitches either!
He weighed 9 pounds 7 which was quite a shock though.

Congratulations!! I told you you wouldn't end up getting induced lol. Lovely weight too, glad you got your hb.

My baby Freya is in icu!! She has bronchitis and a chest infection, she was really working hard breathing Tuesday and gp sent us straight to hospital. She's on cpap which just helps make her breathing easier, and hopefully their trying her off it for short period later. I'm pumping as they are tube feeding her at moment, terrified my supply will go off so hopefully she'll be able to feed soon and work her magic to get it back up to speed. Xx

Congratulations!! I told you you wouldn't end up getting induced lol. Lovely weight too, glad you got your hb.

My baby Freya is in icu!! She has bronchitis and a chest infection, she was really working hard breathing Tuesday and gp sent us straight to hospital. She's on cpap which just helps make her breathing easier, and hopefully their trying her off it for short period later. I'm pumping as they are tube feeding her at moment, terrified my supply will go off so hopefully she'll be able to feed soon and work her magic to get it back up to speed. Xx

Aww hope Freya gets better soon :hugs:

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"