Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I'm going to stop lurking and say hello too.

The birth is a way off yet as the guess date is 11th May, but hopefully it will be at home, and maybe in water. My friend gave me her pool, and all the bits that she used in her home birth (well, the clean things anyway!) so I think we're well set up.

Alice was born in water at hospital. It was unmedicated, but I had some moments of blind panic so I'm looking into hypnobirthing this time to help me relax.

I can't wait for May!

Just wanted to say hello... I'll hopefully be having a homebirth in about 5 weeks.

My baby has finally moved head down so have now been booked in with the homebirth team and see the midwife next week to hopefully arrange it all :happydance:

Welcome ladies, I'm liking the influx of new homebirthers, hope all your plans are coming along nicely. Xx

Ive just learned that the mw i had at hospital used to be an independent homebirth midwife. No wonder i had such a positive experience with her :thumbup:

Hey I requested to join the group on facebook, my name is Brandi, but it's BC Madre on facebook. :) Hoping to have a home birth with baby number two! And I'd love to talk to some experienced mamas about my questions and concerns.

Yay! i love all the home birth hopefuls! :friends:

LollyCake-when is your EDD? I think we are due around the same time! :dance:

Hello!

I posted a couple of times on here, but mostly been reading all your progress. I'm finally back on track for my homebirth.

Baby had been breech since 28 weeks, but we had a successful ECV on Thursday! I had tried all the tricks in the book to get him to turn, acupuncture with moxibustion since 33 weeks, inversions, handstands in the pool, hypno session with my hypnobirthing practitioner a couple of days before the ECV.

The procedure itself was absolutely fine, not even that uncomfortable, which was no doubt helped by the fact that he moved round so easily- 20 seconds! Which the obstetrician said was some kind of record. I really think he wanted to turn, just needed a bit of a helping hand.

So we're gearing up for our homebirth again.

Good luck to all the other HB hopefuls!

Thats awesome news Tomo! Im so happy for you and being able to get your homebirth :dance:
Baby can come any day now for you. So exciting!

Ive been so busy trying to get this house cleaned! :laundry::iron::hangwashing::mail::dishes::crib: And its not nesting...the HB MWs are coming for their home visit tomorrow and im embarrassed about the state of my house :blush: I am about 20 loads backed up on :laundry: (no joke!). And after living here for 8 months i finally got all of the boxes and crap put away from our dining room and our bedroom bathroom. I deep cleaned the bathroom last night...all but the shower...its a two man shower so im making DH do that :haha:

do yall think they would be willing to put the birth pool in our bedroom (its on second floor, we have a bathroom inside of our bedroom, so there would be easy access to water) but she said it weighs a lot because the pool is 100 gallons of water....so i wasnt sure :shrug:

Im excited for them to come, but boy do i have my wwork cut out for me! lol

I was hoping I'd have a bigger house with a dining room by the birth ( doesn't look like it now :nope: ) and I was going to turn my dining room into a birthing room, have you thought of that?

Thats my option B if the bedroom cant work. we have a breakfast nook space (its large and theres lots of space for a birth pool) so that would be the next best place. I was trying to avoid it though because thats where everyone comes in and out of the house at, and its the dead of winter here. but otherwise thats the next best thing...of course, we have a basement below...so im not sure if structurally speaking if it would be any different?

:wave:

Hello lovely ladies,

Hope you don't mind me joining you. I'm just trying to get a bit of a head start, DH and I are TTC #3 and will be planning a home birth (again). We had planned a home birth with DD but I had some bleeding at 39+4 which we got checked out at the hospital, I ended up being completely scared into staying in. They told me that the bleeding could have been placenta previa, it was never something I had looked into previously as placental position was never mentioned as a concern. The research I have done since (albeit not alot as I get angry) has suggested that it would have been picked up on scans, one of which was performed at 36weeks. I ended up having my waters broke and induction without consent :growlmad: I'm not really the fighting type and was scared out of my mind so never said anything. Anyway, if I'm blessed again I will NOT be going to hospital unless absolutely needed and certainly not without someone I know will fight my corner. In the mean time lots of reading and more researching is in order

I was planning on doing my doula training this year but we have decided that we will be moving in November and need to save as much as possible, along with TTC it's something that will have to go on the back burner. If I'm not pregnant by the time we move it will definately be something I do in the following months. I know there is a doula in the town we are moving to so that will come in handy (there are none where I currently live) depending on what she charges :thumbup:

Sorry that turned into a bit of an essay :blush:

Welcome, It would have been picked up in scans! It's awful when your scared into doing something, with Imogen I was induced 24hours after waters breaking. I was contracting but 3cm was not good enough for them! I was never asked just told that's what would happen and I went along with it which then resulted in constant monitoring, epidural and forceps!! Again I researched after and it was all unnecessary!

Defiantly look into dulas, im contemplating using one next time, I was transferred in from my hb as there was small bits of meconium in my waters and was only 3-4cm which again was unnecesary as I was clinically fine, baby's heart rate was fine and she was over due so was most likely due to that not distress. What was more annoying she was born within half hour of leaving home, less than an hour of waters breaking! So if anything happens like this next time having a dula there with the knowledge they have I will have better chance of staying at home rather then be frightened into anything. Although I still enjoyed my birth and I loved my mw (apart from transferring me lol)

I was looking at dula training yesterday lol. I'm a nurse and was thinking of topping up to midwifery but here I've heard scary stuff from ex mw's of how short staffed they are it's dangerous and your neck is constantly on the line! But government reckon there's more than enough!! But good luck in your training and your plans for hb. You will get some brilliant advice in this section. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->