Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

ER - brilliant!! It's ALLLL about the positivity here today because as you know..........

Sid is head down!!
:happydance:

Hubby rang me this morning from work and I said I thought he's changed position but wasnt sure if he'd actually turned....

So me and mum went in for the scan this afternoon and she started to scan me and said almost immediately 'baby is coming head first' :D I had to ask her again and both me and Mum were going 'OMG!' :shock: I knew he'd been trying to turn but I wasnt sure he'd actually turned.

She took leg, head and tummy measurements and asked about the size of the girls and then we waited for her to put it all in the software. She came to find us a about 5 mins later and explained everything to us. He's estimated at 6lb 9oz today which puts him at the top end of the normal range. She spoke to the consultant who reviewed my notes and said there was nothing to worry about and recommended I go ahead with the home birth. I cant tell you how good it was to hear that. :)

YAY!!! I bet your on cloud nine today...:wohoo::wohoo:

And 6lbs 9, he is a lovely healthy size well done hun!!

So all systems ready now for homebirth, looks like we can both crack on! :winkwink:

That news has got to be worth a nice tasty dinner treat hasnt it?

Oh and I got your email..Ill post it asap x x

Lisa and Mon, so happy to hear great things happening for both of you today. As for me, I'd just like to go into labour, please. Any time I get a pain (and I've never had more than two successive really good lower bump what-I-think-are-contractions sort of pains), I'm willing more of them to just come on and do their worst. Any time I get one of those period-type pains, I'm going, "Come on, baby - engage that head and let's go!"

I stood up for two hours just now making the batter for a cream cheese pound cake, and now it's in the oven. But no reward for me being on my feet that long. I did buy two fresh pineapples today, so I'll be slicing one up to have with the cake later.

Lisa and Mon, so happy to hear great things happening for both of you today. As for me, I'd just like to go into labour, please. Any time I get a pain (and I've never had more than two successive really good lower bump what-I-think-are-contractions sort of pains), I'm willing more of them to just come on and do their worst. Any time I get one of those period-type pains, I'm going, "Come on, baby - engage that head and let's go!"

I stood up for two hours just now making the batter for a cream cheese pound cake, and now it's in the oven. But no reward for me being on my feet that long. I did buy two fresh pineapples today, so I'll be slicing one up to have with the cake later.

Manda, eat the whole pineapple..:haha: No in all seriousness, I feel your pain. I am going to wish lots of positive labour dust for you this evening. Looks like he is just too comfortable in the lovely home you have made for him for 9 months! x x

Lisa doll, you know how happy I am for you!!! I actually squealed in work when your text come through....an office full of fellas wouldn't really have appreciated so I just said "baby stuff" when they looked at me weird :rofl:

I really am over the moon for you and me and girlie bump can't wait for Sids arrival :cloud9:

As for us, we spoke to the Sonographer about the home birth idea on Friday and she said based on how healthy both me and Squidette are, she can see no reason why not. Obviously there is still a little over 4 months to go but allowing for thing staying the same, she could see no medical reason why not. We aren't getting too ahead of oursleves or too excited but it was good to hear.

We also got an email from the Hypnobirthing lady today as we have decided to go on the class rather than the private sessions as Boyo likes the idea of meeting another 2 couples which I am happy with too.

Hope you are all well and having a good week so far...:hugs:

xxx

Well tonight I felt I could get right back in to my plans. :D Hubby was saying earlier this week he was worried that Sid not turning and me potentially ending up with a section, might really affect me. Anyway all that's behind us now so I started by packing a few things into my 'birth' box. It's got face cloths, towels, shower curtains, maternity pads, nappies, baby grows, vests and hats. I figured my hubby could put his hands on things easily afterwards or in the event of needing to pack a bag if I went early or had to transfer for any reason. I know some have said to pack a hospital bag but I'm not going to. I've left my list from Hebe on the desktop so if I needed on it would be easy enough to gather together but packing it in advance just doesnt fit in with my positive out look on the whole home birth. There wont be any need for one so I'm not bothering :winkwink:

We bought loads of scented tea lights last week and have already placed them in little glass holders all around the kitchen where the pool will be. Hubby has read the hypnobirthing book and now Sid's done his thing, we are both really excited!! He's found a lovely passage in the Hypnobirthing book that he wants to read to me when I am in deep relaxation.....I feel so happy that he's 100% on board after our shaky start when I first started this group. :)

Im so glad your husband is fully on board now MM, and as you know I am going to wait till im 35 weeks before I start on me little birthing box.

Wanted to ask you a question, do you ever get shooting pains in your..you know ..every now and again. :blush: As soon as it comes, it goes away again. Im wondering if its linked to the babies activity as she is moving loads at the moment, my belly is practically moving side to side..:dohh: I have only noticed it in last couple of days...I dont think its anything for me to worry about as I dont have any bleeding or anything just wondering whether its normal at this stage. x x

Yep and it only gets worse I'm afraid!! The movements get much bigger and alien like as you get further along and you'll be walking round the supermarket and squeal like a piggy when you get a jab in the cervix!! I've really noticed it ramping up this last week or two. :)

x

Yep and it only gets worse I'm afraid!! The movements get much bigger and alien like as you get further along and you'll be walking round the supermarket and squeal like a piggy when you get a jab in the cervix!! I've really noticed it ramping up this last week or two. :)

x

Yikes, I just did a search on here "shooting pains in vagina " and it seems to be quite common in third tri. Oh well the joys of pregnancy :happydance: x x

ER - I am so glad to hear that things are starting to turn around home birth wise!!!

MM - That's awesome that you boy is head down! And that your DH is getting into it!

Manda, I have wrote my birth plan today and I noticed you have wrote something on yours as that I have too, we both got it from the homebirth.org website. Anyway, I dont quite understand it and wanted to know if you could shed some light.

You know in the physiological third stage..

"**Please do not pull on the cord or use fundal pressure unless there is a specific indication to do so, as I have read that this is contra-indicated in drug-free third stages**."

Do you know what the contra-indications are at all? I didnt understand it. Ive put on my birth plan that I want a natural 3rd stage, but Im open minded really as PPH is more common in women with higher BMI so I intend to go with the flow but no idea what that statement is referring too.

xxx

Manda, I have wrote my birth plan today and I noticed you have wrote something on yours as that I have too, we both got it from the homebirth.org website. Anyway, I dont quite understand it and wanted to know if you could shed some light.

"**Please do not pull on the cord or use fundal pressure unless there is a specific indication to do so, as I have read that this is contra-indicated in drug-free third stages**."

Do you know what the contra-indications are at all? I didnt understand it. Ive put on my birth plan that I want a natural 3rd stage, but Im open minded really as PPH is more common in women with higher BMI so I intend to go with the flow but no idea what that statement is referring too.

xxx

If I remember what I read correctly, it's because it could cause haemorrhage. When I went over that bit with my midwife, she said they wouldn't do that with a physiological third stage and that, at most they'd give it a little tug but certainly no traction. I've put in my birth plan and explained to my midwife that I'm happy to have a managed third stage should bleeding become an issue. I will try to initiate breastfeeding (best for baby in the first hour anyway) to help in placenta delivery, but if it's obvious that it's not working and the placenta's just not coming, I can understand that they'd then want to give you a managed third stage to avoid things like a retained placenta (you'd then end up having to have it out in theatre, I believe; and I don't want to go in if I can help it).

And is PPH more common with women with a high BMI, or was that just a care tactic used by that consultant in the end?

Did you read the whole page on the third stage?

xxx

If I remember what I read correctly, it's because it could cause haemorrhage. When I went over that bit with my midwife, she said they wouldn't do that with a physiological third stage and that, at most they'd give it a little tug but certainly no traction. I've put in my birth plan and explained to my midwife that I'm happy to have a managed third stage should bleeding become an issue. I will try to initiate breastfeeding (best for baby in the first hour anyway) to help in placenta delivery, but if it's obvious that it's not working and the placenta's just not coming, I can understand that they'd then want to give you a managed third stage to avoid things like a retained placenta (you'd then end up having to have it out in theatre, I believe; and I don't want to go in if I can help it).

And is PPH more common with women with a high BMI, or was that just a care tactic used by that consultant in the end?

Thanks hun, I understand now. I did a little bit of searching myself on medline e.t.c and most articles just state PPH is more common with women in a higher BMI but I havent been able to find the actual data to back it up which is not good enough really. :wacko: I dont like that the injection can make you feel sick, and I get sick so easily which is why I want the natural third stage but I have wrote that if they think its absolutely neccessary I will have it. Is the third stage painful at all?

I edited my post and put a link to the whole third stage page on the homebirth site. Near the bottom of that page are experiences of managed and physiological third stages cut from the birth stories on the site. It seems that some women felt a few contractions whereas some didn't feel much at all, with the placenta "just slipping out." So, not having yet experienced it myself, I imagine that it varies from woman to woman, just like "afterpains" do.

Sooo pleased that things are starting to come togetehr for you Eternal Rose! Best of luck and positive vibes for your meeting on Friday. From what I remember with Oscar (and I had a natural 3rd stage) it wasn't painful at all. After feeding for about 20 mins I stood up gave a little push and out it came :)

MM I am really pleased to hear that Sid has got on board and moved himself into the right position! Yay for co-operative baby's!

Now lets hope my little boy is as co-operative as is currently lying transverse (ouch for putting on socks etc as I feel like I am squishing him!)

Plenty of time for him to turn though and measuring bang on for my dates despite having only put on 6lb...was a little worried.

My fav midwife has promised me she has no holiday booked for June (she was away when Oscar was born) and says she will try her hardest to attend :)

Thank you Carries,

I am really hoping your favourite midwife will be there to attend the birth of your baby.:happydance:

I just wanted to know what questions anyone asked there midwife about having a homebirth. I am compiling my list at the moment, and I am going to type it out ready to take in for my meeting on Friday. I dont want to miss anything out.

EternalRose x x

Looks like i'll need taking off the HB list :cry:

BP has gone crazy high and have been told home birth is a no go now.

Really disapointed but know that the health of me and bubs is the main thing.

Birth box was all ready and waiting too :nope:

Good luck to all - hope your plans are still going well :flower:

Sorry to hear your news Rach, how high has your BP gone? Have they said they want to induce you, sending you big hugs :hugs: x x x

Have to see a consultant on Thursday to see what happens next.

Friday afternoon my BP rocketed to a ridiculous 170/120!!!!!!!! so was sent straight to hospital. Silly thing is I feel so well otherwise :dohh:

BP was down to 150/90 friday evening and was 140/90 saturday morning.

Yesterday afternoon it was 145/90 :wacko::wacko:

So frustrating :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"