Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I've just noticed I'm next on the list....:shock:

Yep you are!!! I thought that too!

The mother of this group!!! This group has been so wonderful to so many women I really hope you know what you have achived here! I can't really explain how pleased I was to find the group and to see first hand how much all the women have supported each other, no matter the outcomes, (as we might joke about the HB mafia) but everyone has just been great! How exciting.. will you be next????

I'd be so proud - and I'm really pleased to be a part of it
xxx

:lol: The 'mother' :haha: I'm so pleased I started the thread. I thought I might spend my time talking to myself but it's been lovely to be joined by such a brilliant group of women. I love how diverse everyone is and how everyone is growing and learning from their own experiences and drawing on each other's too.

I hope everyone who joins or just passes through gets a little something from our little posse! :D

It really is a lovely thread! How exciting that you are next on the list MM.

Hello Subaru, I'm planning for a home-hypno birth too. With some water thrown in for good measure.

Oh yes! A bit of water in the mix here too fingers crossed! :lol:

Well it certainly stirred things up because we had to pull over on the way home so OH could take over the driving.....curry for tea tonight and maybe some rumpy pumpy for afters if I can convince OH....:lol:

Rumpy pumpy :lol: Get your freak on...get your freak on ...:headspin:

Pops, Matthew has sent the book out to you hun, I think he has done it recorded delivery though so it will need a signature..:dohh: Sorry for the hassle..

So I called the labour suite, and they said 37 weeks is fine. Sigh. But the ward manager is going to email the community midwives and let them know. Bloody chancer this community midwife is, lovely woman but boy she can talk the donkey's hind legs off..She already told me she doesnt "understand why I went above her..as I was always going to be a homebirth." :growlmad: Oh really now, well thats news to me as it was preety ambigious up until a few weeks ago..Not to mention they have already tried to warn me about staffing shortages. Well they can sod right off with that one. I have been sorting all of this out since 28 weeks, I think 3 months is enough time to sort out staff if you ask me....and breathe Monique..:blush:

Anyway..its all sorted now.

EternalRose x x

Morning ladies :hugs:

ER, thanks so much, I will let you know when it gets here! I am almost finished with the Practical Home Birth book if anyone would like it when I am done, just let me know :flower: Also, great news!!!

We are having to have our 2nd Hypnoclass on Wednesday as Boyo was too poorly to make Monday night and I didn't want to go without him as it is as much about and for him as it is me.

We have reached 21 weeks today which is just amazing. I remember texing Lisa that morning (and all day!) like it was yesterday.....and now you are ready to pop lady!! :yipee:

I am a little under the weather having caught a very mild version of what Boyo has so it's lots of rest and not a lot else this weekend for us. Hope you all have lovely weekends whatever you are up to :flower:

And Lisa, I'm really glad you set this up to, it has been really great to be a part of :hugs:

xxx

Not to mention they have already tried to warn me about staffing shortages. Well they can sod right off with that one. I have been sorting all of this out since 28 weeks, I think 3 months is enough time to sort out staff if you ask me....and breathe Monique..:blush:

I got the whole staff shortage lecture as well, but there were not that many women booked around my due date. Apparently my team of midwives have got a lot of home births booked for April and are expecting some conflicts. In our area they can only accommodate one home birth at a time and if a second woman goes into labour then she has to go in. I can't imagine that there is only one team on at a time, so surely if you dig your heels in if this where to happen the midwives from the neighbouring team would need to come out.

And if the staff shortage is because the on call community midwives have had to go into hospital to do a shift then I would definitely be digging my heels in, as a labour ward that busy can't be very safe.

Ok i figure this will have been asked LOADS :blush: sorry.

However has anyone got and recomendations for Hypno books and Home birth books?? :)

Thankeeee

When Pop's is done with my copy of Birthing The Easy Way, you are welcome to borrow that.....it's not just about homebirth but it's excellent reading if it's the way you'd like to go.

I am using The Mongan Method Hypnobirthing book and I really like it. If you get a copy I can MSN you all the tracks from the CDs to save a few quid ;)

Well i have spent the week looking at home births and now i feel positive this might be the right choice for me! I had already decided I would have her at the midwife led unit rather than the hospital. Hope everyone is ok and cant wait to get to know you all x x x

Hi ladies Hope your all ok.

Welcome to all the new ladies on the thread.

MM loads of labour luck to you.

Well as the title suggests had a bit of a spanner in the works this week!!!:growlmad:
Went to see my midwife on Wed and my normal one who is just brilliant was off sick..... There are times I know when two people just don't hit it off.... well this was how it was from the first second with the step in midwife and I.
My own midwife had arranged that as she could'nt say for deffinate which way up LO was this week she would arrange for a scan this week if things were still the same... this was something I had been looking forward to and wanted to put my mind at rest.... THE STAND IN had other ideas:growlmad::nope:
1st she said LO was Deffinatly breech and she would do nothing further till next week when she would check again then refer me to the breech clinic to see if they wanted to do any thing(by this time I would be 37 weeks) I told her that as from next week I would be having a home birth and needed to be sure which way up she was b4 then just incase and explained what my own midwife had said. She then became very snotty and said. Until the scan at around 38 weeks or l8r you will need to go to the main hospital if anything happens...you can't come here or stay at home. I have a huge fobia of hospitals and can only just about cope with the birth center:cry: So you can imagin the state I got into, and I have to say she did nothing to calm the situation she stuck to her guns and just ranted on about having to go to the main hospital now no matter what NO home birth NO coming to the birth center as they would now not accept me:growlmad: Now I was almost sure LO was head down but she had only had a quick feel and would not budge on her views:growlmad::nope:
Well when I got home I was in such a state. The main hospital is over 25 miles away if anything happened they would not let me back out and come home again even is LO turned out to be the right way rouond. All for the sake of having a quick check:nope:
So I rang hubby and he said fine we'll get to know for ourselves! We rang the local Baby skan studio (something we decided we wouldn't do But he said my sanity came first Bless him:hugs:) We got an appointment for 8pm that night and it literally took 3 seconds for the lovely lady to say no doubt about it definatly head down. I was so relieved,but alsd so angry the MW had wound me up so much and seemed to take pleasure in it all for no reason at all and at a cost of £50. But at the end of the day the lady at the baby skan wrote me out a full report to put with my notes and said to tell the birth center or a sensible MW what we had had done. She also gave us a lovely 4d picture of our little Nyah and it's lovely to be able to have seen her so clearly, actually putting a literal face to the little person I've been carrying for nearly 9 months:happydance: Hubby said just look at it that attilla the hun did me a favour and we got to see out baby and we are now all prepaired and know all is ok, so he says I'm now just to sit back and enjoy the next few weeks until she arrives. And if when I go back next week I see the same stand in MW I can just give her a huge smug grin as I hand her the report and scan pics :haha:
https://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4273/nyahin4d.th.jpg

What a bitch!! I KNEW that my LO was head down this time but the still sent me for another scan just incase.....you know what though Dee...that created a WHOLE other bunch of problems with them questioning growth so you cant bloody win sometimes! :lol:

You will know if she turns which is almost impossible at this stage. My movements are all the same and my friend who's baby turned at the last minute said she almost passed out when he did flip - it was such a BIG movement.

So you're all set and ready to go and that other cow bag can kiss your home birth arse!! :D

I agree with MM, I can not believe the lengths some midwives will go to to RUIN plans for a homebirth, making up stories and the like. I am also starting to think this whole staff shortage thing just plays into the hands of lazy midwives. Having to be at a homebirth one on one for the whole time just seems like too much work for some. They would rather be on labour ward drinking tea in the office, and then pop in when the head is crowning! :dohh: Its all becoming too loud and clear. Ill get off my soap box now. You would know if your baby had turned, at this stage I think you would definately feel it..So are you going to go back and INFORM this midwife? She sounds like a right tool.

Disclaimer: :lol: My comments about midwives are in no way actual or representative of the entire midwife population, I just felt like a rant! I am heavily pregnant, so its allowed :)

deej23 - can i just say Wow what a lovely picture :)

Im also having a private scan nearer the time to make sure of the position of my LO as I am so scared of hospitals and really do not want to go to one unless i truly have too.

Now put your feet up with a cuppa and a couple of biscuits :hugs:

I can't believe how ridiculous that midwife was being, it just so darn silly.

But it's awesome that you got a little sneck peek and that you were able to put your mind at rest!

Thanx for the replies ladies... I'm just so glad she's head down, it's my sons birthday on Tuesday and I want to have a lovely day with him b4 Nyah's born without any worries of stress.
The scan also showed that she is about 5lb 2oz at the mo so not too big not too small.
I can't wait to take a pic when she's born and compair the twoto see how real they are???
I just hope my own midwife is back soon she was almost as exited as me at the prospect of a home birth. I feel much more at ease with her and really do belive that she supports me 100% and is'nt just going along with it because she has to..... The only thing I keep thinking is how smug I can look if I see the stand in again and if she should turn up for the home birth if I'd get away with giving her just a small swift kick as I'm giving birth. (oh pregnancy makes you so wicked some times LOL).
ER I love the disclaimer You never fail to make me smile:)
MM Thanx for the positive vibes and yes she definatly can kiss my home birth arse now! LOL I'm 36+3 and if they think for one minute I'm gonna quibble over a few days they are soooooooo wrong, As from now I'm staying put unless it's life or death I'm having our little girl here at home just as I did with my son 7 years ago. Everything is ready and as far as I'm concerned the whole breech thing is a closed case. I'm just waiting for madam to decide she's ready to make her appearence. They can either come or not I'm staying put. There rant over I feel so much better now lol.
Well have a lovely rest of the weekend ladies, labour vibes to anyone close or overdue.
And well wishes and loads of luck to anyone with meetings or appointments this week.
Chat to you all soon Dee xx

MM forgot to ask could you update my details on front page pretty please
#5 2nd homebirth.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe