Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

The only main hospital we have is 20 miles away through the nearest large town!!!!
If it's really desperate they call out the air ambulance or the coastguard one as a back up!!!! NO thank you, I'm so hoping that all goes well.

thanks hun. i got the birth pool in a box 'eco' regular. :)

This is the one that I had - and it was great!

I have a pictures of my OH testing it out.... both for labour, and just relaxing (looking at rugby scores of course)!!!! :haha:
xxxx

It looks quite big from them angles :) i am so looking forward to it now i just want it to be time. I think my OH is getting annoyed with the amount i talk about it. and now i think the family are coming round to the idea :happydance:

It was huge! I could hold on to the handles in labour, and let my legs float out behind me, during the breaks in contractions - it is a very happy memory.

I remember my OH being exactly the same!!! Hahaha!.. But not too serious, he was and is very supportive. Your OH must also be the same!

It will soon go - enjoy every min of being pregnant, It's easy to wish it away
xxxx

It was huge! I could hold on to the handles in labour, and let my legs float out behind me, during the breaks in contractions - it is a very happy memory.

I remember my OH being exactly the same!!! Hahaha!.. But not too serious, he was and is very supportive. Your OH must also be the same!

It will soon go - enjoy every min of being pregnant, It's easy to wish it away
xxxx

I am so going to love the pool during my labour i love it when i go in the bath and lay on my front i just feel so weightless and comfortable.

yeah he is very supportive and was really really good during my last labour (46hour induced) he loves me talking about it really just sort of pulls a 'here we go again face' with a smile :D

I am really enjoying it as i know its going to be my last pregnancy but i also want that feeling of my little baby girl being here with me :)

I'm getting impatient...I keep having dreams about giving birth and breastfeeding etc etc... :shrug: On the one hand I want it to be time for her to arrive, on the other we have quite a few expenses that need to be wrapped up before she gets here...stoopid money.

What circumference of exercise ball should I be looking for (to use as birthing ball)?

xx

Nightkd, it depends on how tall you are. If I remember correctly, it's 65cm if you're under 5'6" and 73cm if you're taller than that.

Nightkd, it depends on how tall you are. If I remember correctly, it's 65cm if you're under 5'6" and 73cm if you're taller than that.

I'm a short ass, so I'll look out for something around 65cm. :thumbup: If I get one from a store, I can always take it back if it's too big...

I'm considering birth pools atm... Was looking at La Bassine, but I've read a lot of places saying if I find a suitable kiddie pool that can work just as well.. What do you think?

xx

I have a 65cm one and I'm 5'8". It is a good size for me but it is inflated to full size, it could easily work inflated less if it needed to be smaller.

I'm considering birth pools atm... Was looking at La Bassine, but I've read a lot of places saying if I find a suitable kiddie pool that can work just as well.. What do you think?

xx

I started looking at a kiddie pool but most said they were not strong enough to put weight on the sides. i was going to buy a la bassine one but got the made in water one cheaper, the bonus with the birthing pools is that they have the handles to help and they are specifically designed for labour :D

I have the 65 cm one, and I am 5 foot 7 and it is massive, I struggle to get on it sometimes :lol: x x

aaaargh girls......im getting really peed off now!!!

STILL havent seen my midwife.....managed to get through to her last week after calling her phone that was off, texting her...then she called me back two days after my text......arranged an appointment as I have not seen any midwife since 30.3 weeks!! Anyway so i was out when she called me, and she arranged to see me on 30th or 31st. As i was out, i remembered that it was after my scan which was on the 29th but asked her to message me so i could write it down in my book. Anyway she never and so I couldnt remember whether it was 30th or 31st!

Fast forward, I have called her.....first no reply and then i texted her as her phone was off. It eventually failed as her phone never went on! I never got a call today so im going to go along to the appointment tomorrow at 12 and see!! Also, I have bad SPD and she expects me to come to her all the time. The surgery place we meet at is in Streatham where i live so why cant she come to me.

Who do i complain to and who do i call? I dont want her as my midwife now because well she wasnt that friendly anyways but i dont feel she is reliable. What if i had concerns now or was in labour?? I really dont want to call the hospital as i want a homebirth and im scared they will say come in (thats f i went into labour and couldnt get hold of her). Plus the one and only time i saw her at 30.3 weeks, she wasnt that helpful, i felt rushed in our appointment (probably cos she was half an hour late) and she was rolling her yes and stuff because the woman after me was asking how long she would be.

NOt good!

Im so peed off with this.

Morning Girls!!

My waters went at 8.10am this morning.

Not getting much in the way of contractions yet but the MW has had me laid down so she could collect a sample of my fluid.

OH is filling the pool and I'm just going to keep active to get things moving. Sitting on the ball now.

MW just left us and everything is fine. I just have to ring her when I need her and she lives 2 mins from my house!

I'll keep you all posted x

Morning Girls!!

My waters went at 8.10am this morning.

Not getting much in the way of contractions yet but the MW has had me laid down so she could collect a sample of my fluid.

OH is filling the pool and I'm just going to keep active to get things moving. Sitting on the ball now.

MW just left us and everything is fine. I just have to ring her when I need her and she lives 2 mins from my house!

I'll keep you all posted x

Morning my lovely :hugs:, I had a feeling something had happened, yeah boi to full moon!!

Im so excited, Im going to be glued to my PC all day :lol: Good luck for today, Ill be thinking of you ..

And what a touch, midwife lives 2 mins away..:happydance:

EternalRose x x

aaaargh girls......im getting really peed off now!!!

STILL havent seen my midwife.....managed to get through to her last week after calling her phone that was off, texting her...then she called me back two days after my text......arranged an appointment as I have not seen any midwife since 30.3 weeks!! Anyway so i was out when she called me, and she arranged to see me on 30th or 31st. As i was out, i remembered that it was after my scan which was on the 29th but asked her to message me so i could write it down in my book. Anyway she never and so I couldnt remember whether it was 30th or 31st!

Fast forward, I have called her.....first no reply and then i texted her as her phone was off. It eventually failed as her phone never went on! I never got a call today so im going to go along to the appointment tomorrow at 12 and see!! Also, I have bad SPD and she expects me to come to her all the time. The surgery place we meet at is in Streatham where i live so why cant she come to me.

Who do i complain to and who do i call? I dont want her as my midwife now because well she wasnt that friendly anyways but i dont feel she is reliable. What if i had concerns now or was in labour?? I really dont want to call the hospital as i want a homebirth and im scared they will say come in (thats f i went into labour and couldnt get hold of her). Plus the one and only time i saw her at 30.3 weeks, she wasnt that helpful, i felt rushed in our appointment (probably cos she was half an hour late) and she was rolling her yes and stuff because the woman after me was asking how long she would be.

NOt good!

Im so peed off with this.

Hun, you really need to speak to the Head of Community Midwives so you can get your care sorted out. Its not acceptable that you havent seen someone for that length of time, what the hell is she playing at? I hope you get seen today but I definately think this should be next direction as they need to be monitoring bp, doing bloods e.t.c, urine..x x

Oooo, exciting MM. Hope the contractions turn up soon.

Rachie, I think the first thing you need to do when you see her is clarify what you need to do in the event of labour kicking off. I have to ring the normal labour ward number and tell them what is going on contractions/waters breaking wise (just as someone going in would) but tell them I am having a planned homebirth. They then contact whoever is on call for homebirths at the time to come out to me.

My midwife said that this was to avoid me ringing her (and not getting through) if she wasn't the person I needed. I know I will always be able to get through to the main number, and they will always know who to call. So it might be the same for you. But you should have been told - she sounds disorganised.

If you want to avoid getting told to come in then make someone else ring for you! They can stand firm on your behalf.

Then once that issue is out of the way I would complain about the other stuff. It is totally unacceptable that you have had to do the chasing for appointments, I second ER on going to the Head of Midwifery/Community Midwives.

I'm sure the care you have been getting will fall far short of what they say they should/do provide, and your lack of mobility should have been taken into account too.

Hope the appointment is OK, and that she is there.

Good luck Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck MM will keep you in my thoughts. Hope all goes well, say hello to your little one for me when he pops out xxx

Rachie, to try to get seen, I'd ring the community midwives' office (if you don't have the number, labour ward will). As far as putting in a complaint, write to the Head of Midwifery - if you ring switchboard at your hospital, they should be able to give you the name of this person. In the complaint, I'd also cc the letter to PALS and the chief executive of the hospital.

Lisa, so exciting! Good luck!

Oh my goodness ladies - I have FINALLY got to the end of this thread!! I think I introduced myself after about 25pages as was so excited and have been working my way through ever since!! And I cannot believe I have reached the end when Mervs Mum has gone into labour!!!

7 weeks to go for me and it looks like everything is on track for HB so far. I mentioned it to MW at the last appointment 2 weeks ago and she said they were very pro HB. She said that she asks women where they want to give birth and if they say hospital she says 'well lets revisit that at your next apt' and gives them a home birth leaflet!!

I have also started aqua natal classes there and the MW overheard me saying to some of the ladies about wantig a HB and she told me about a few she has attended and was really positive about it.

I was so pleased as I had a feeling they would not be very supportive of my decision so fingers crossed I won't have to fight like some of your guys have had to do.

They said to bring it up again at my 36 week apt and my 38 week apt will be at my house.

Anyway now I am at the end I am hoping to be able to keep uptodate with you guys.

And MM hope everything goes as planned for you!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->