Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Good Luck MM! I hope you're cuddling your LO very soon (if not already)

Home Birth of Tabitha Rose 30/03/10

Despite hubby's initial reservations, he now thinks home birth is the most wonderful thing ever and is so proud to tell everyone all about it! :cloud9:

Good luck Mervs Mum!

freckleonear - read your birth story, it sounds AMAZING!!
Congratulations!

Can I just ask as I really want skin to skin for up to an hour after the birth - how do the midwifes do their checks etc?

I also forgot to say in my post earlier on today reintroducing myself - I have also spoken to the lovely nikki-lou25 about her fantastic HB experience as she had the same doula as me. And it was wonderful to hear such a postive experience!

Aww you're a sweetie! I met up with Michelle on Monday about me becoming a doula myself, she's a gem - love her!

I had skin to skin for quite some time, they did the checks on Aimee when I asked to get up and have a bath. It was on my terms that they checked her and weighed her :)

freckleonear - read your birth story, it sounds AMAZING!!
Congratulations!

Can I just ask as I really want skin to skin for up to an hour after the birth - how do the midwifes do their checks etc?

I held Tabitha from the moment she was born until I delivered the placenta, so about 45 mins. I then passed her to hubby so they could check if I needed stitches. By the time the midwives asked if they could weigh her it must have been about an hour and a half after birth, so there was no rush. They gave her a brief check over while she was on the scales, then handed her back.

Hey everyone

Just popping on to update you all about Lisa :yipee:

She is doing great, everything is going perfectly and she is about to get in the pool now :cloud9:

I shall keep you all updated this evening.

Also, this is a link to her journal if any of you haven't been in for a visit, she asked me to link to it :hugs:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/27104-mervs-mums-diary.html

xxx

Hi everyone, im a silent follower of this group and a homebith hopeful! Just wanted to share my bit of happy news..Spoke to my MW this week and although a bit early, when I mentioned HB she was all up for it, and even said someone will come visit me at home at the right time and go through stuff, and mentioned all the pro's of HB, and even that if I needed to transfer the hospital is just 5mins away(i live in the borough of greenwich by the way). I was so pleased, as was already expecting all the hurdles and the negatives! Not even a mention of, "well if we're not busy blah blah".. Exciting and scary. Making me realise more and more that its a reality...

Woooo go lisa :hugs: cant wait to hear about it :hugs:

freckleonear Good name :rofl: I've never seen anyone else call their child Tabitha yet :) Off to read your birth now....

I read your birth story freckleonear...congratulations :cloud9:

I love the name Tabitha and welcome to the group Jul140 Im so glad your midwife is being supportive of your choice to have a homebirth. x x

Update on Lisa:

She decided not to get in the pool in the end as she was coping well.

She is now "rippling" at 3 minutes apart and is feeling really chilled although they are getting stronger....

All sounding perfect so far :yipee:

xxx

aaaargh girls......im getting really peed off now!!!

STILL havent seen my midwife.....managed to get through to her last week after calling her phone that was off, texting her...then she called me back two days after my text......arranged an appointment as I have not seen any midwife since 30.3 weeks!! Anyway so i was out when she called me, and she arranged to see me on 30th or 31st. As i was out, i remembered that it was after my scan which was on the 29th but asked her to message me so i could write it down in my book. Anyway she never and so I couldnt remember whether it was 30th or 31st!

Fast forward, I have called her.....first no reply and then i texted her as her phone was off. It eventually failed as her phone never went on! I never got a call today so im going to go along to the appointment tomorrow at 12 and see!! Also, I have bad SPD and she expects me to come to her all the time. The surgery place we meet at is in Streatham where i live so why cant she come to me.

Who do i complain to and who do i call? I dont want her as my midwife now because well she wasnt that friendly anyways but i dont feel she is reliable. What if i had concerns now or was in labour?? I really dont want to call the hospital as i want a homebirth and im scared they will say come in (thats f i went into labour and couldnt get hold of her). Plus the one and only time i saw her at 30.3 weeks, she wasnt that helpful, i felt rushed in our appointment (probably cos she was half an hour late) and she was rolling her yes and stuff because the woman after me was asking how long she would be.

NOt good!

Im so peed off with this.

Hun, you really need to speak to the Head of Community Midwives so you can get your care sorted out. Its not acceptable that you havent seen someone for that length of time, what the hell is she playing at? I hope you get seen today but I definately think this should be next direction as they need to be monitoring bp, doing bloods e.t.c, urine..x x

GUESS WHAT??!!! SHE NEVER SAW ME.....SHE BLOODY CANCELLED!!!! Said she will call me to re-arrange.....and guess what.....didnt hear from her today!! I am livid!!!!

How do i find out who my Head of Commuinty Midwife is??

aaaargh girls......im getting really peed off now!!!

STILL havent seen my midwife.....managed to get through to her last week after calling her phone that was off, texting her...then she called me back two days after my text......arranged an appointment as I have not seen any midwife since 30.3 weeks!! Anyway so i was out when she called me, and she arranged to see me on 30th or 31st. As i was out, i remembered that it was after my scan which was on the 29th but asked her to message me so i could write it down in my book. Anyway she never and so I couldnt remember whether it was 30th or 31st!

Fast forward, I have called her.....first no reply and then i texted her as her phone was off. It eventually failed as her phone never went on! I never got a call today so im going to go along to the appointment tomorrow at 12 and see!! Also, I have bad SPD and she expects me to come to her all the time. The surgery place we meet at is in Streatham where i live so why cant she come to me.

Who do i complain to and who do i call? I dont want her as my midwife now because well she wasnt that friendly anyways but i dont feel she is reliable. What if i had concerns now or was in labour?? I really dont want to call the hospital as i want a homebirth and im scared they will say come in (thats f i went into labour and couldnt get hold of her). Plus the one and only time i saw her at 30.3 weeks, she wasnt that helpful, i felt rushed in our appointment (probably cos she was half an hour late) and she was rolling her yes and stuff because the woman after me was asking how long she would be.

NOt good!

Im so peed off with this.

Hun, you really need to speak to the Head of Community Midwives so you can get your care sorted out. Its not acceptable that you havent seen someone for that length of time, what the hell is she playing at? I hope you get seen today but I definately think this should be next direction as they need to be monitoring bp, doing bloods e.t.c, urine..x x

GUESS WHAT??!!! SHE NEVER SAW ME.....SHE BLOODY CANCELLED!!!! Said she will call me to re-arrange.....and guess what.....didnt hear from her today!! I am livid!!!!

How do i find out who my Head of Commuinty Midwife is??

Jeez, she is a chancer alright. Where is your community midwife base? Is it a clinic or GP surgery or something? If not just call the hospital your attached too, maternity ward or anything they will be able to put you in touch with the right person but this woman seems to follow through with NOTHING!!! :growlmad: I would be pissed off, your nearly full term you could go in labour the silly cow.

Lisa sounds like she's doing fab :)

Rachiebaby24 that sounds awful :hugs:

Exactly!! And not only that but i havent had any checks on my urine etc.......lucky for me this is my second baby and im very aware!!

I googled my area and community midwife and i have a number. Will call tomorrow and see what they say!

I really want to take this further though as the standard of care i received after i had Maley was disgusting too. I was released from hospital on the sunday when she was 3 days old.....no midwife came to see me until two weeks later (and that was after I had called them and asked why hadnt anyone come to see me. The mw came, felt my belly, weighed Maley, told me i wasnt feeding her enough and left! Didnt ask me how i was or anything! I remember crying to my OH cos she made me feel so awful! THEN....I never saw a HV until Maley was 7 weeks old and never saw her again!!!

I really want to complain but dont know where to start! Is it PALS i need to contact?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->