Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

YES!!!!!

:happydance:

So pleased for you Kate xxxx

Thanks girls for the suggestions, I can't believe how hard it is to decide! I was def gonna buy one until I found this site: https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk
So it looks as though we're gonna go with them, I think the fact everything is provided with it, and it's all delivered and taken away again swayed our decision.

Ooooooh I'm so excited now! It's all really happening :D

And congrats to the :bfp: girls!!! xxx

ER have you still got all your notes from when you had to fight for your homebirth?

I may need to pinch them cos i think im going to have a fight on my hands

lozzy21 - Just curious - tell me to begger off if you like but why do you think you'll have a fight on your hands hun? I hope you don't have a fight, but you know we'll all be rooting for you :)

My BMI is higher than it was when expecting DD - but sod them! My baby, my birth! :D Hope all goes well for you though and they just let you get on with making your own birth choices :hugs:

Il be able to gage how much of a fight im going to have when i have my booking in apointment. We shall have to wait and see

ER have you still got all your notes from when you had to fight for your homebirth?

I may need to pinch them cos i think im going to have a fight on my hands

YAY, I have my folder of notes still lozzy :winkwink:...my BMI was 35 which is why they started a fight with me, but they have been fine for ages now though, if you stick to your guns they will support you in the end.

I think im going to have a bugger fight getting OH to agree to it than the midwifes

Hi girls, I get my internet access back in a few days. total balls up on my inet companies part, but just dropped in to say my first NHS m/w appt was great. Very positive, none of the crap we had to put up with last time and one of the homebirth midwives is coming to have a chat with me at home tomorrow. Glasgow has a homebirth team now, so the process is just so much simpler. She's one of the midwives in this article which is quite interesting, especially for anyone who joins us who happens to be in the homebirth area.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks-ignore/midwives-boost-for-home-births-1.1013997

TTYL hope you are all well. :)

Glad your appointment went well Trumpetbum ^_^

I freakin' love my midwife, she's awesome! I was asking her about the Strep B testing, and expecting her to think I was being a know-it-all and for her to tell me that I HAD to have the test, even if I went for alternative treatment (instead of antibiotics)...but she was really nice about it and said I should do more research and decide what I want to do from there, and that they have an alternative treatment regime if I decide to take that route...It's just deciding whether or not to pay the $80 for the test itself... :shrug: So I'm going to do a little more research today, see if I can find something that will convince me one way or the other!

xx

Hello girls just let you know nothing came of the events the other day apart from me coming down with a bit of a bug!!!!! :-( and feeling naff for 2 days.
Just 7 days to go and sooooo fed up tried everything apart from the dreaded C.L.O but not taking the chance of having madam poop inside, go directly to hospital do not pass go etc I don't think!!!
It's been a gorgeous day here and my birthday so Hubby, I and DS went for a lovely walk along the beach then sat and watched the sun set. I feel so relaxed and chilled now. And unless I had a super quick labour I wouldn't have to share my birthday...... so come on madam make your entrance!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday deej23 hope you had a good one she will come soon :hugs:

Nightkd you have such an awesome MW

Not pregnant, yet.. Sure feel I am. But Dh and I have discussed homebirth since even before trying. After watching the Business of being born and having a not so great horrible experience in the hospital this is what we plan to do this time around..

I have a hot tub/jacuzzi tub in the master bath we plan to use. We were looking at other tubs for our old house, but we just moved here and got lucky.

I think this is the best option for giving birth.

Hi to all the new ladies and congratulations on your BFPs!!!

Just a quick update from me - I had my 34 MW apt on Weds and everything is on track. I mentioned again about wanting a HB, the last MW had said mention it at 36wk and my 38wk apt would be at home. But this MW said they would do my 36wk apt now at my house and do a risk assessment then!!

I am really happy it is being done a couple of weeks sooner as hopefully everything can be finalised and can then just keep my legs crossed till 38weeks!!

I have a busy but lovely weekend planned - night out in Manchester tonight for a friends bday, lunch with another pregnant friend due 3 days before me tomorrow then an NCT nearly new sale. Off to a bed and breakfast tomorrow night with another friend, then a spa day with a pregnancy massage on Sunday!!

Hope you all have a good one!

Hi girls, I get my internet access back in a few days. total balls up on my inet companies part, but just dropped in to say my first NHS m/w appt was great. Very positive, none of the crap we had to put up with last time and one of the homebirth midwives is coming to have a chat with me at home tomorrow. Glasgow has a homebirth team now, so the process is just so much simpler. She's one of the midwives in this article which is quite interesting, especially for anyone who joins us who happens to be in the homebirth area.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks-ignore/midwives-boost-for-home-births-1.1013997

TTYL hope you are all well. :)

I'm in the Glasgow area too. I'v been having appointments with Caroline (but could end up with her or Anne depending on who's on shift at the time). Things seem so much more straight forward now they have that team up and running, it has been really good all the way through the appointments - I'm 34 weeks now.

I was really pleased to see that article, they seemed pretty proud of it too. Caroline asked me whether I had seen it at my last appointment.

Quick update from me ladies...

Had physio for my SPD on Friday and am now offically on crutches which is fun! Kept getting a twinge on my inner thigh muscle and my leg kept giving way. Was really hoping it was a pulled muscle but have been told it is a progression of my SPD.

To be honest, it is really starting to take its toll :( So sick of feeling debilitated and useless and feel so sorry for my little man as I cant do half as much as usual with him.

Seeing the midwife on the 22nd so until then just plodding along!

Hope you are all doing well...any word from Rach? I see she hasnt posted for a few days (unless I have missed it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->