home births suspended in mk!

i asked at my antinatal classes why they wernt going into anything to do with home birth and was told that its because they have all been suspended, then i called my back up midwife and she told me the same.

ive armed myself with all that info already fingers crossed you get your home birth too!!

it is your (as a women) right they cant force you into hospital :)

No damn way am I stepping inside that dirty skanky hospital. I feel germy just passing it!

I'd kick up the biggest stink ever and go to the press if they tried telling me I couldn't have my HB, they have no right. And if it came to it I'd have an unassissted birth anyway (hope it don't come to that though!)

Youd think the flipping size of MK they'd have plenty of staff so crap like that didnt happen, thats just silly ...

youd think the size of mk theyd at least have a birthing centre. mk labour ward is really nasty tiny rooms the size of my bathroom are used for women to give birth in ats awful.

honestly ill prob end up going unassisted too im going to hold out for as long as poss, ive gone through the consultants to get a homebirth because of my history and im not going back now

Stick to your guns and tell them that you are not coming in, so either they send you a midwife or you will be giving birth unassisted and then telling the papers how the hospital forced you to give birth alone. Legally they have to send you someone. Def contact AIMS for advice.

Stick to your guns and tell them that you are not coming in, so either they send you a midwife or you will be giving birth unassisted and then telling the papers how the hospital forced you to give birth alone. Legally they have to send you someone. Def contact AIMS for advice.

thats pretty much what im doing lol sil has a friend whos a midwife too so could always call her for back up!

Spoke to my MW about this and she said it's true- there is a stop on HB's at the mo, although it changes day to day and currently only applies to the weekend.
She's really angry to say the least. She said she's spent her whole career promoting HB only to be shoved back on a ward and deny a woman her right.

Not sure whether to kick up a fuss, go unassisted, keep my legs closed saturdays and sundays or give in and pack my damn hospital bag *Sigh*

all the midwifes ive spoken to about it are fuming better hope baby comes during the week!

Oh hunny Im sorry about that! I hope that you get your HB, after all you deserve to have something go your way after all the trauma you have been through with everything! :winkwink: Im keeping my fingers crossed for you as well as my eyes, toes, legs and hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->