Home water birth help

MummyBurgo

I love my boys x
Reaction score
Hey!

Well I am thinking of a home water birth.

Am I too late to sort this out? (I havent said yet where I want this baby)After having my son the MW did say next time a home birth maybe better for me as had a bad time in hospital,they took my son away for no reason which caused me to have PND and bonding issuses.

Also where would I get a pool from etc?

Thanks in advance

:hug:

Hello. I don't really have an answer just wanted to say it sounds a wonderful idea and it's bad what happened for you last time.

I'd ring the MW, look into it asap hun and good luck. I think you should do exactly what you want and just hope it can all go that way, ie. at home like you plan-fingers crossed'-

I think 2nd time round I may opt for one-but have to decide when it comes and also get through my 1st labour 1st!

Huge hugs and keep us posted. Have you looked on the net for local companies-you hire them don't you?xxx

Natalie

heya MB,sounds like a brilliant idea.....id LOVE a homebirth, but im wimping out due to the hospital being a fair drive away!
i dont think its too late, get ur MW rang and set the ball rolling,your better off sorting it now rather than leaving it too late.

good luck with ur plans,sounds brill!

I'm planning a home water birth for my first baby. I really think that if there's no medical reason to be in the hospital it will be so much more relaxed.

I don't think it's too late, all you need to do is tell your midwife at your next appointment that you want a homebirth and they do the rest. Basically if you book for a home birth you can trnsfer to hospital at any point but it can be a lot more difficult to get a homebirth if they are expecting you in the hospital due to staff arrangements with the midwives.

I have just bought a second-hand birth pool off ebay as you can just buy a new pool liner so it doesn't matter if someone else has used it or even given birth in it. Mine cost £63 including the pump, tap connecters, pool cover and waterproof sheeting - its a 'EcoBirth Pool in a Box'. Should cost £110-ish new.

There are lots of different types that vary in price and they range from a glorified paddling pool to full-blown self-heating pools with filtration and disinfection systems. Have a look on the internet to decide which kind you want/ can afford/ can fit in your house then get onto ebay or contact your local NCT - they often have second-hand sales.

Sometimes your midwife might be able to lend you one or you can also hire them online for a month at a time but I've found this is almost as expensive as buying as there aren't many places in north wales that hire them.

I've spent ages looking and was a bit unsure at first but am happy now I've bought mine, even if I only use it for pain relief or have to go into hospital for some reason, it's there if I need it.

I'm planning a home water birth with my first too - i changed areas 20 weeks into my pregnancy and mentioned it to my new midwife when i met her, she says at the mo there doesnt look to be any reason why not but we'll discuss it fully around 30 weeks to make sure i know full pros and cons etc. Bring it up next time you see her, I really hope I can do this, sounds much nicer than a hospital birth to me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->