Home waterbirth

special_kala

love my bugs
Reaction score
What do i need other then a birth pool obviously :haha:

How do i get the water back out?

You can buy pumps for waterbeds. The first on my list of needs would be a midwife, I think some have their own baths.

Personally I wouldn't give birth at home as a lot can go wrong but it's your decision so good luck.

Submersible water pump attached to hose into the sink :thumbup:

Birth pool in a box has the add on kits with everything you'll need pool wise

:flower:

Yea the only thing DH is grumbling about is emptying thething lol

Were using a lay z spa and have bought new hoses to use which I've steralised in the bath with a bottle of Milton lol my mw has given me a list of things to have such as lots of towels, bucket, waterproof sheets, old bed sheet, desk lamp (in case of stitches needed) thermometer, sieve or fish net and biscuits for the midwives lol

You can buy pumps for waterbeds. The first on my list of needs would be a midwife, I think some have their own baths.

Personally I wouldn't give birth at home as a lot can go wrong but it's your decision so good luck.

Home birth in the UK has been proven to be safer for low risk pregnancies than entering an unfamiliar surrounding like a hospital.

Births often tend to be shorter as well.

Managed to win a mini birth pool in a box with a new liner for £15. Having a waterbirth isnt something id really considered seriously until i found a cheap one :haha: so ive thrown myself into this late in the game a bit.

There's loads of info in the natural and home birth section too x x

Had a home water birth yesterday :)
Everything went great baby is perfect.
We had a pump to get the water out but my husband used a bucket as well = much quicker
Everything went a lot faster than expected I wish I'd of set out my pjs, maternity pads ect ready in the bathroom for after a shower , not fun hunting round with blood running down my legs!
Any other questions xxxx
And good luck

Had a home water birth yesterday :)
Everything went great baby is perfect.
We had a pump to get the water out but my husband used a bucket as well = much quicker
Everything went a lot faster than expected I wish I'd of set out my pjs, maternity pads ect ready in the bathroom for after a shower , not fun hunting round with blood running down my legs!
Any other questions xxxx
And good luck

Huge congrats!!! I remember discussing the trial run of your pool :flower:

Thanks for the advice too!

Home birth in the UK has been proven to be safer for low risk pregnancies than entering an unfamiliar surrounding like a hospital.

Births often tend to be shorter as well.

Completely agree, my ex SIL was a midwife and her and all her colleagues had their babies at home as your in your own environment with your own germs without having to share a midwife with up to 5 other women so in a normal pregnancy, its safer.

Congratulations youngy!

Did you notice a big difference in pain relief in the water?

My last birth was a homebirth and it was a dream compared to my eldest which was a hospital delivery.

Thanks Sue,
Never thought it would go so well but it went exactly as my birth plan stated...... I guess I should of believed in myself a bit more.
The midwifes were great I ended up with 5 during delivery as it was change over :-0 really well looked after.
I will be looking out for your announcement on the future :)
Any questions just pm me xxx

Congratulations youngy!

Did you notice a big difference in pain relief in the water?

My last birth was a homebirth and it was a dream compared to my eldest which was a hospital delivery.

Well first baby so nothing to compare it to but I could handle the contractions better in the pool, the pushing hurt like f*** but being in the pool meant I could get into some pretty amazing positions haha, I was not pushing for very long and I put that down to the pool.
A good water thermometer as the one that came with the pool was rubbish, nothing else really most of the stuff I thought I'd need I never touched
Xx

How do you feel today Youngy? All ok?

How's...downstairs? :blush:

How do you feel today Youngy? All ok?

How's...downstairs? :blush:

Haha I ain't gona lie its a bit sore! I had a second degree tear (only small) which was my biggest fear but honestly it's not that bad! It feels like my coxyx is bruised and that hurts more. Not too much pain when peeing but I'm dreading a number 2!
Feel great tho I thought I'd feel a lot worse but being in your own home really counts for something I'm so relaxed & all my home comforts are on hand. Sooooo the right decision for me
Xxxx

How mucky did you find the water during and after?

Dont hold off on going for a number2, i did last time nd when i had to go my god id rather hav given brth again.

Ummm the water was...... A massacre...... Blood , gunk and a whole lotta poo. My husband was trying with the sieve lol, he cleaned it all up after tho no moaning even tho I heard him gagging..... Yeah it was not nice. But until I started pushing it was fine, and I delivered the placenta in the pool.
Ugh might just go sit on the toilet and pray
Xxx

Lol oh Youngy bless your hubby!!!

Not quite sure who's emptying my pool, mum dad or sister can take that job, although sister is a trainee nurse totally used to mopping up poop!

Millie was breech, now transverse or diagonal. I hope she gets in the right position soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->