Home waterbirth

i would not have even thought about getting the water back out :haha: good job im not planning a home water birth or that would have been a funny story lol

I'm 99% sure of a home birth after lengthy conversations with DH and my mum today.

There's always going to be that what if something goes wrong feeling but its not gonna stop me!

Even your average emergency csection takes 30 minutes to set up, most taking more.

When you have a home birth they let the ambulance service know. I had a very non emergency transfer and they were still at my house within 10 minutes.

This is why to me, I personally feel a HB to be much safer in the long run :D You get 2 dedicated well experienced and qualified midwifes whom only have eyes on you. Therefore I would say they would spot a problem probably a lot sooner than a midwife in hospital (some whom are only newly qualified/training). Either way, it still takes times to set up surgery (if a room is available) when you are in the hospital.

I think a lot of why people frown on it is due to a lack of knowledge and they automatically think a hospital is the safest place. Wheres I believe my home is. I also feel my home is cleaner, where as other people feel how can you birth in your home (messy). And then there is the " you are brave" part, which to me just re assures the whole reason for my HB. I most certainly do not want the temptation of a epidural. My neighbour cant believe I want a hb, she said she needed 2 epidurals, which she had.

Apparantly hospital births only became a big thing in the 1970's, prior to that it was mainly HB's.

But i feel strongly that as a parent I owe my baby the best chance and start to life. No matter how painful it may be for me. Well thats what I believe, what will actually happen who knows lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->