homebirth in a flat?

willowblossom

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you ladies had / or know of anybody that has had a homebirth in a flat? I really want a homebirth this time round but I am just concerned about disturbing our neighbours too much and how messy it can be. We live on the ground floor so its only neighbours above and next door. Anybody else have any advice? Thanks ladies!!

As long as you are normally respectful and give them a heads up(so they do not think you are in need of help) should be fine. Maybe tell them your last labor was stop and go and lasted a day or two and you are going to labor at home longer or something if you do not want to tell them you are going to HB.

I had a home birth in our flat and it was fine. No-one heard me and mess is not going to affect neighbours.

I'll admit I didn't tell them beforehand, we just went ahead with it. I guess it depends how thin your walls are though, ours are pretty sound proof.

I had my last homebirth in a flat and it was absolutely fine! The walls there are VERY thin and my friend who lived upstairs heard everything during the pushing stage but she said it was great and she was crying once she'd heard he was born haha.

Thanks guys fills me with confidence! Well we cant hear our neighbour on the ground floor but we can hear the family upstairs and they can hear us. Although they are lovely and have a baby and toddler so am sure would be very understanding. Just worries me as I think I was quite loud last time! X

Hi, I have had 2 homebirths in a flat. No complaints about the noise, even when 'vochalising' with the balcony door open.
I asked my midwife if she has ever had the neighbours call the police and she said it has happened twice in her 25 years. Both times as soon as they realised the woman was in labour and not in danger they apologised and left.

I had my homebirth in a 1-bedroom flat on the fourth floor. It was absolutely fine! I was concerned about this at first, too, but my midwife assured me that she does plenty of homebirths that way. We didn't tell any neighbours and the mess wouldn't affect them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->