Homemade food gifts!

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Anyone doing them this year? I did plum vodka last year and had plans for other stuff and didn't get round to it! Thinking of doing some chutneys! Anyone else doing anything? Xx

I may possibly do some sort of cookie/biscuit. Not 100% atm

I'm doing hot choc cones to put in my neices/nephews stockings this year, I saw this on Pinterest so I'm gonna attempt it:

Attachments

• dfbcd2b6c6483881aa94ae2b0bc287d4.jpg
    dfbcd2b6c6483881aa94ae2b0bc287d4.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 18
^^I like the idea of those hot cocoa cones. Super cute! :D

I usually bake small loaves of apple or pumpkin bread to give as gifts alongside other small things. And I always make fruit cake for my DH and his step-father.

I'm making my first batch of chutney as we speak. I normally make fudge as a present for nursery assistants,not very close friends ect as well.

^^I like the idea of those hot cocoa cones. Super cute! :D

I usually bake small loaves of apple or pumpkin bread to give as gifts alongside other small things. And I always make fruit cake for my DH and his step-father.

They are so cute!! And look relatively easy too! Xx

Ooh I like the look of those cones! Might give that a try! Xx

Im going to attempt fudge and those cones look amazing!

I have just made a batch of brownies.... def going to add them to the goodies:thumbup:

I made some chocolate orange truffles last year, so easy to make and went down a treat ;) this year I'll do them again along with some christmas biscuits that I'll get the boys to help decorate with festive icing x

I made some chocolate orange truffles last year, so easy to make and went down a treat ;)

Wow these sound epic!!
Could you post the recipie?????
Pretty please????
With cherries on top?!?!?!?!
Many thanks :-D

I think I'm going to do this this year, I say I will every year and never do, I always worry my presents need fattening up so why not do it literally :)

Would love to see that truffle recipe too!

Anyone have a favourite chutney recipe? I've never made anything like that.

Mmm I want that recipe too!!! Also looking for good chutney and maybe cookies :D xx

Any ideas for things that will last a while? I'd like to make some homemade gifts and enjoy baking but half the family is in northern Ireland so their presents will need to be posted a few weeks before xmas.

:)

This is the recipe I used. It makes 35 but you can double etc to make 70 odd, I tied a few in cellophane with a Xmas bow on and it made a sweet little gift.

I didn't add liquor it mine but the zest was enough if an orange kick I thought. Also, instead if dusting with cocoa I let them set slightly first and then dipped them in more melted chocoalte and let them set in fridge. Delish ;)

https://www.carnation.co.uk/Recipes/Recipe.aspx?RecipeId=108

Nom nom nom!! Thanks purple rat!!
Do you think if I substituted peppermint essence for the orange zest that would work?

I've made snowman soup in the past and mini Christmas cakes (that I'll try and find a pic of, they were dead cute). I'd love to try chutney but I'm the only person I know who'd eat it :lol: we did intend to make brandy butter one year but totally forgot, might give it a go this year.
Last week we made a few jars of jam, not for Christmas but we'd been blackberry picking and it was something to do with all the blackberries. We added bramley apples and elderflower cordial, it was lovely! We gave them out to family.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 3
Nom nom nom!! Thanks purple rat!!
Do you think if I substituted peppermint essence for the orange zest that would work?

No probs :) yea I think it would! You can substitute the orange for lots of different flavourings I guess, like coffee, mint or whatever takes your fancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->