Homemade food gifts!

Me thinks there are gonna be lots of these floating around this year!
I might even try what you suggested dipping them in chocolate, but use white choc for the outside!! xx

That sounds extremely yummy! No one can resist a chocolate truffle lol! I might try rolling them in some fine chopped nuts or biscuit for a crunch, then dipping in chocolate ;) X

thanks for the recipe i may have to give them a go, for ME! LOL I think they will make sweet little extras in hampers

I plan to make some chocolate peanut butter balls this year for people if I can. We will be very short on money this year with my job loss (new job is less than half my previous income) so most people will get a card and chocolates! If I have enough $$ I would love to order a few cards again from a lovely lady I met on here to give with the chocolates :)

I'm gonna do some sweets with "handmade by Emily" stickers or something. How long would sweets or something keep?

I freeze my peanut butter balls and they keep well for at least 1-1.5 months or more :)
The truffles I did a few weeks before Christmas and gave them out as I seen people. I did mine with icing sugar, cream cheese, melted chocolate etc.. and I used Mint, rum, and almond extracts in them. The mint ones I rolled in crushed candy cane (but you need to give them ASAP so they don't go gooey. The almond I rolled in crushed almonds and the rum I did in icing sugar and cocoa powder :) They were a big hit! Hmmm maybe I will do them too this year!

I've made these truffles with great success. Even used Aldi 30p chocolate and they were still brill
https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chocolate-recipes/amazing-diy-chocolate-truffles
And I used these labels which you can download and print
https://downloads.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/edible_gifts/foodlabels.pdf

I did put a tiny amount of whiskey in (around one shot) which gave them a nice flavour, but they were only for adults. They'd be fine without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->