Hoping for a sticky bean this Halloween!

1nceUponATime

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm CD 1 getting ready for my first injectable cycle (menopur & ovidrel).... Tomorrow I have a baseline ultrasound and labs, and Thursday I should start injections at home if all is well. I am a bit nervous, but excited... Hoping to ovulate for the first time ever... DH and I have been trying for Over a year and we are "unexplained infertility"..our only problems seem to be that I don't ovulate or get a period and clomid hasn't worked. Looking for some buddies! Hoping to brew a bean for this Halloween (which is also my bday)!! Anyone else around the same cycle days or have any advice for a first time injectable cycle (probably timed interxourse or IUI) !?

Hey! I just began my first cycle with 75IU of Menopur and am on cd7 today. I have a scan tomorrow, but I am already feeling lots of heavy soreness in my ovaries, so praying I don't overstim or ovulate too early! My DH is out of town until Friday night. I was scared to give the injects to myself, but it's not bad at all! Feel like a pro already lol. Feel free to chat about anything with me! Let me know how your scan today goes :)

Hey! Thank you for your response ! I had my scan yesterday, and everything looked good the nurse said.... I got all my meds in the mail, and I will do my first injection tonight! I go back on Tuesday for more bloods and another scan! Let me know how your scan goes today! I am interested to see how many follies you got! Hoping it's just the right amount for you!

Hey everyone i'm new to the board but not new to TTC :winkwink:. Im a SMBC and have a 16month old and am trying for a 2nd. It took 5 attempts for kid #1 3 clomid and 2 follistim cycles (2 CP and 2 BFNs). I started last month TTC and asked my RE if we could do clomid (in a vain attempt to save money)and work so Im no on CD5 and taking follistem. 2 days at 150, 1 day at 100 and then an us. I have a tendency to ovulate on my own so the monitor me pretty close ly on injectables, but still prescribe an ovidril shot and progesterone inserts (started this after my 3rd attempt for #1). i also started going to get acupuncture after my mc and it helped relax me a lot....i got preg a month after going going regularly and taking the herbs she prescribed and an asprin a day. i don't know if helped but i've been going weekly since i decided to ttc again. Good luck to you all praying for successful cycles this month!:thumbup:

I did my first injection last night. It wasn't perfect, but I did it and I'm sure I'll get better.

Hey! Thank you for your response ! I had my scan yesterday, and everything looked good the nurse said.... I got all my meds in the mail, and I will do my first injection tonight! I go back on Tuesday for more bloods and another scan! Let me know how your scan goes today! I am interested to see how many follies you got! Hoping it's just the right amount for you!

Hey, how are the injects going? I ended up having 2 big follicles and had to trigger that night because they were already so big! Timing wasn't optimal for us, but we were able to bd twice. 3dpo today :)

I'm on CD8 (day 6 of stims)....went for labs and ultrasound today. They upped my dose on menopur....My e2 was only 11 :-( which means I wasn't really responding to it I guess. I have no follies over 11mm. The nurse tried to be comforting and tell me that the stims might take two weeks, but I am kind of gutted.

Good luck! I hope that you get a sticky bean :)

I'm on CD8 (day 6 of stims)....went for labs and ultrasound today. They upped my dose on menopur....My e2 was only 11 :-( which means I wasn't really responding to it I guess. I have no follies over 11mm. The nurse tried to be comforting and tell me that the stims might take two weeks, but I am kind of gutted.

Good luck! I hope that you get a sticky bean :)

Hang in there hun! I know plenty of people that stimmed for 14+ days until they triggered! Thank you for the well wishes. They never did draw my E2, so I have no idea if the two big follicles I had were good ones or not. Because my progesterone was lower, I'm assuming both didn't ovulate. Keep in touch here!

The nurse seemed like it wasn't a big deal, so at least I have that. They weren't talking about canceling my cycle or anything. I booked a massage for tomorrow. I need to relax.

The nurse seemed like it wasn't a big deal, so at least I have that. They weren't talking about canceling my cycle or anything. I booked a massage for tomorrow. I need to relax.

Great idea!! I should too

Oh the other thing I wanted to ask is like did you notice like tummy soreness or tightness? It feels like I did crunches or sit-ups or something like a little sore like that? Nothing too serious.

Oh the other thing I wanted to ask is like did you notice like tummy soreness or tightness? It feels like I did crunches or sit-ups or something like a little sore like that? Nothing too serious.

No not really. Some nights inject was more sore than others. I think it just depended on how fast I injected it :shrug:

Yeah the injections don't hurt but it just feels like maybe my ovaries are sore.

I think it is because I was so bloated. I went and got a massage today. It helped my sanity loads. I have bloods and ultrasound in the morning. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

I think it is because I was so bloated. I went and got a massage today. It helped my sanity loads. I have bloods and ultrasound in the morning. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.

Thinking of you, let me know how it goes!

Hi ladies!

I'm new to babyandbump, but I would like to share my story. DH and I have been TTC for a year now with no luck. Two MC due to bad luck and diagnosed with unexplained infertility. RE has performed every test known to man and we both check out completely fine. This cycle is our first for IUI. I generate follicles on my own each cycle but my RE has put me on a small dose of Gonal F injectibles (50u). I rotate sides each night around 7pm for the injections, which actually aren't too terrible. I put ice on my stomach for 1 minute before giving myself the injection and honestly, I can barely feel a thing. I haven't had any real side effects other than abdominal tenderness and being a little tired. I go in for BW/US every 3-4 days and as of this past wednesday my biggest follicle was 10mm and the other was 8mm. I go in tomorrow for more BW/US to see how they are progressing. My doctor wants to keep my dose low to prevent OHSS. The one thing I like about IUI is the constant monitoring. Hopefully I will do my trigger shot by Monday or Tuesday and then have my IUI done! I pray it works this time.

Hi ladies!

I'm new to babyandbump, but I would like to share my story. DH and I have been TTC for a year now with no luck. Two MC due to bad luck and diagnosed with unexplained infertility. RE has performed every test known to man and we both check out completely fine. This cycle is our first for IUI. I generate follicles on my own each cycle but my RE has put me on a small dose of Gonal F injectibles (50u). I rotate sides each night around 7pm for the injections, which actually aren't too terrible. I put ice on my stomach for 1 minute before giving myself the injection and honestly, I can barely feel a thing. I haven't had any real side effects other than abdominal tenderness and being a little tired. I go in for BW/US every 3-4 days and as of this past wednesday my biggest follicle was 10mm and the other was 8mm. I go in tomorrow for more BW/US to see how they are progressing. My doctor wants to keep my dose low to prevent OHSS. The one thing I like about IUI is the constant monitoring. Hopefully I will do my trigger shot by Monday or Tuesday and then have my IUI done! I pray it works this time.

Hey, welcome! This was my first cycle on injectables too, but I have done many months prior with Clomid and Femara with no luck. I have one son in heaven and one here with us. With both of them it only took 2-3 months of Clomid to conceive. I always thought it would be easier after having a baby, but this has proven to be tougher. I am 6dpo today and no symptoms whatsoever, just like every bfn month. Hoping and praying for us all!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->