Hoping for an HSG baby! Anyone else?!

Good luck Angel!

Glad to see your numbers increasing nicely Sunshine!

Thank you :) Can't wait to see how the Clomid works for you! I just took another FRER to see if it got darker. I am so worried about miscarriage, its crazy

I'm glad everything is still going well for you Sunshine. Try not to worry too much <3

Angel Baby - that all sounds so complicated. I hope it all works out OK. What do you mean by your bad side? I only have one fallopian tube, so I consider the left side, my bad side and I was just curious if that's what you were indicating as well or not.

My temperature dropped today, and I had some spotting this morning, so I'm *just* about convinced AF got me. At least if I do start today, I can go ahead and call my OBGYN and schedule the HSG. If I'm not pregnant, I'd like to go ahead and get all this started for next month...

Lorileigh- my bad side is my blocked tube.

I went to my appt yesterday and unfortunately I have 2 nice size follies on my blocked tube side. I do have 1 small 8mm one on my good side. Im going to go back Wednesday and if that 8mm one is not 18 or over I'm going to cancel this month IUI. I was upset about it yesterday but I'm ok today. I do not expect it to be greater than 18. I'm going to save my trigger for next cycle. So my cycle is a bust.

Thanks Angel baby. That's what I figured you meant, but I wanted to be sure. They removed my left fallopian tube back in 2003. If AF actually started today, I should be able to schedule my HSG for about 10 days from now. I am slightly terrified that my other tube will be blocked or something will be wrong with it...

I'll be praying that the follie reaches 18 for you!

Can I ask what made them decide to do IUI? Can they not do IUI on the bad side? I guess I always assumed that even if both of my tubes were bad they could still do IUI...

Lori- I think your thinking of IVF. IVF, you can do if both sides are blocked.

IUI- intrauterine insemination. At least one tube has to be open. It's where they insert a cath and bypass the cervix and push the sperm in at the top of the uterus. Much cheaper than IVF but can get expensive. It can take up to 4-6 cycles.

They suggested it because of the blocked tube. I do clomid but I'm seriously thinking of injectable meds next cycle. The meds help produce more than 1 egg for mote targets. The goal was hopefully to produce a egg on the unblocked side regardless. Last month I had huge egg on my good side but was BFN. I take a trigger shit to induce ovulation so that all mature eggs will release allowing more targets. Since it's only blocked side it's just a waist of trigger when the sperm will not be able to fertilize it. There is a small chance my good tube will pick up from the bad side but like I said, small chance.

Once you get your hsg that might be a option for you. You BD and do IUI.

Hopefully your tube will be open in that side. Why did you loose the tube?

Thanks Angel Baby! I NEVER knew you had to have one good tube to do IUI. Gosh I hope the the other tube is OK!!!

I have endometriosis and the doctor thinks that it got on the tube and caused it to twist. By the time that they figured out what it was, my tube which should be the size of a thin straw was the size of a large potato! I was 19 when they removed it.

That sucks! Hopefully the other one will be good! Fx for you!

Sorry to interrupt rudely on this thread, but I am waiting for AF to arrive so I can schedule in my HSG and I just wanted a little bit of advice!

So far everything else with me and my Dh has come back normal, SA, TV Scan etc.. the only slight problem was slightly elevate prolactin levels in my day 21 bloods (which I think, and the doctor, is down to stress, so I'm on a major non-stress mission at the minute!)

Anyway, we got the instructions from the hospital for the HSG this morning and it said on the end of the list "If trying for a baby, do not continue trying to conceive during the cycle of your HSG, and wait until after your next menstrual cycle" Now, I was planning on ignoring that advice anyway, because I am terrible and after 22 months not willing to add another wasted month onto there! Im hoping my HSG will be planned for the 20th January, and I am due to ovulate on the 26th, which I'm hoping will bring some new year good news! What is the reasoning behind the hospital telling us not to TTC after a HSG??

Stephie, I believe I would ignore that too. Lol! Usually RE and FS and some OBGYN schedule it before ovulation so it doesn't interfere with ovulation and they encourage to keep trying. That is strange they warned not to try.

From everything I've read about HSGs, I've never seen where they don't want you to try afterwards either. And I think any of us would agree it would be more stressful to waste a month...

They let me try right after mine but that cycle was a bust and I didn't ovulate. It isn't supposed to mess up your cycle but it did mine

My HSG is scheduled for this Friday the 23rd. They told me to take Ibuprofen. Anything else I should be aware of?

hey i dont go on here much but when i do i use to help me cope with my loses i dont understand some stuff on here but i get the jist of most of it what is hcg???

Yeah just take the ibuprofen that should be all u need :) hope everything comes back great :)

Hsg is a dye test to check the uterus and fallopian tubes :)

Ok brilliant, thanks ladies!

I have done plenty of research in my many months of TTC, and I did find it a bit strange that they said not to TTC for the remainder of the month, especially as they had just explained to me previously in the letter that it was performed on days 10-14 of your cycle to not interfere with ovulation! My DH is now paranoid that if we do get pregnant, it's going to be the next spider man due to the dye they use :dohh:

Lol! Tell DH relax and if it is the next spiderman that would be awesome! Lololol!

A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant (infertile).

In my case, they are doing it to check to see if my fallopian tube is clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->