Hormone levels after a miscarriage - **ANOTHER new scan!!**

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi all - i'm not technically TTC right now....but I miscarried at 8+2 4 weeks ago and was told by my doctors to take a test after 3 weeks to make sure it was complete. I put the test off until yesterday as I didnt want to risk seeing 2 pink lines if the HGC levels were still high enough to be picked up.....but i've done the test and a strong line appeared immediately.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar this long after a miscarriage?

I had elevated hCG up to about 6 weeks post MC. I had mine monitored at hospital so took bloods rather than using hpt's but the urine ones at hospital were positive for about 5-6 weeks I think. I did have retained products but I know it's also pretty standard when nothing is wrong. It's VERY normal.

On the other hand... could you possibly be pregnant again??

Hi Laura

I had medical management when I miscarried in January. I was also told to keep testing until I got a negative. I did this every week on a digital and it slowly went down from saying Pregnant 3+, to pregnant 2-3, to pregnant 1-2 and then finally Not pregnant. It took about 4-5 weeks in all. It was very stressful and emotional, the only time this year I was praying for a BFN!! It felt so weird.

Like Hanskiz said, it is very normal.

good luck hun :hugs:

Yes im still getting them now 5weeks down the line, been going to the doctors 2 get blood taken and checking the levels that way, if i was u i would ring up and let them no wots happening and they mite get u 2 come in to see how high they are. xx

Thanks for the replies. We were planning to go wait until we moved house to start TTC again so we've been very careful, this just came as a bit of a shock. I imagined that the levels would have dropped pretty low by now but the line was as pink as when I got my BFP at 12DPO :dohh:

I'm going to wait another few days, test again and see if the line is fading and if not then i'll make a docs appt.

xx

Hi, I still have + tests 4 weeks after my natural miscarriage (bubs stopped growing at 6 weeks). I am also still bleeding/spotting. Had a scan today to show I have a 1cm piece of retained tissue and my hcg levels are at 32.

It's too small for surgery (as they might miss it) so have to wait 2 weeks to see what happens. I've also been given a course of antibiotics as well.

It's been a very long, drawn out process and utterly awful :cry:

Laura - if you still have a + 4 weeks after you m/c (and def aren't pregnant) I would go to your EPU asap and get checked in case of infections :hugs: x

I took this test just now.....it just seems really dark when it should be fading??

I really don't think it's a BFP...its been 4 weeks and 2 days since the MC, surely I wouldnt have had time to ov and now be enough past ov to get this kind of line?

We didnt DTD until 2 weeks after

Anyone had something like this?

Sorry...attached now!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 53
That is very dark, I'd say get your bloods done at EPU hun xx

I would def. say go and get your bloods checked. Best of luck!

hiya, i had a very strong postive for 27 days after ERPC - but i had a piece of tissue left inside of me that was causing it.
hope it is a new BFP, good luck either way
xxx

I would have to agree.. and yes it is possible to be newly pregnant.. many women will ouvlate about two weeks after.. which is when you had sex.. so I would def. go in and get your levels checked out..

This was today's test... I think the line is getting lighter??

Attachments

• Pic 2.jpg
    Pic 2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 37
I would definitely go get a blood test. You could definitely be preg. again. It happens to a lot of people!

I've spoken to the doctors and can't get an appointment until Monday morning, and even then they won't be able to take blood, they'll have to refer me to the pathology dept at the hospital :wacko:

I guess all I can do for now is keep testing x

Oh good luck!! I hope its a new BFP for you :hugs:

I really think it is a new BFP!

Laura~sorry it's not an easy process! I had blood work done until my levels went back under <5. It took 8 weeks AFTER the MC. The nurse said that some women it just drops slower than others. I never took a pregnancy test to compare but I know 6 weeks past I was still at HCG level of 14 maybe??? and that might show a line if you think of the sensitivity of tests. Nothing will be normal after a MC...so ovulation might be different, timing of AF might be different, so I guess that also means anything is possible after MC...MAYBE you are pregnant again, but maybe you are one of those woman who's body drops HCG slowly. I hope you get answers soon!!! I remember the relief I felt after my HCG levels were under 5 again...I felt like I could move on and I'm sure you are feeling similar! *hugs* This is not easy, I know!!!

i miscarried at 3+1 on may 26th, had my blood done yesterday, may 26th and my hcg level was 23.

i say do a blood tesst, i think 23 is high, but i dont really know

Laura~sorry it's not an easy process! I had blood work done until my levels went back under <5. It took 8 weeks AFTER the MC. The nurse said that some women it just drops slower than others. I never took a pregnancy test to compare but I know 6 weeks past I was still at HCG level of 14 maybe??? and that might show a line if you think of the sensitivity of tests. Nothing will be normal after a MC...so ovulation might be different, timing of AF might be different, so I guess that also means anything is possible after MC...MAYBE you are pregnant again, but maybe you are one of those woman who's body drops HCG slowly. I hope you get answers soon!!! I remember the relief I felt after my HCG levels were under 5 again...I felt like I could move on and I'm sure you are feeling similar! *hugs* This is not easy, I know!!!

I love this comment.. its so true that nothing will be the same after a miscarriage... your body may or may not be the same, timing wise.. and so sorry for your losses.. 8 weeks is a long time.. sorry it took you so long and i can imagine the relief.. Big hugs.. and thanks for this comment it was wonderful..:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->