horrible facebook update...

Such neglect. You did the right thing reporting.

To be fair, Blythe has puked right after a fall head first. She only did it the once and it was due to her crying so hard. That said, if a parent is worried they should get their kid checked out. I took the 'going for a ride' thing to mean they'd take the kid to the hospital surreptitiously. Accidents happen, but a pattern should be reported

poor child, how did he fall out of a shopping cart thats a hard thing to do

the puking afterwards is a sign of head trauma!!!

Not always, if it's once and happens when they're crying really hard they may have puked because of crying - you have to watch for further puking and other signs such as drowsiness etc

the puking afterwards is a sign of head trauma!!!

Not always, if it's once and happens when they're crying really hard they may have puked because of crying - you have to watch for further puking and other signs such as drowsiness etc

True, but with a head injury you can never be too cautious.

My nephew fell out of a shopping cart when he was around 2 or just before he turned 2, and he ended up with a skull fracture. He acted fine in all other ways besides the obvious pain.

yesterday evening the parent was visited by Child and Family Services. The parents will be under supervision for a year. Regular visits... that sorta thing.

She's pretty pissed about it and thinks it's because the child fell out of the cart. She fails to see that that isn't the problem... the problem is that the child wasn't taken to the hospital immediately afterwords.

Hopefully Child and Family services will be able to educate these parents... that is, if they're willing to listen and not grind their teeth whenever a worker visits.

yesterday evening the parent was visited by Child and Family Services. The parents will be under supervision for a year. Regular visits... that sorta thing.

She's pretty pissed about it and thinks it's because the child fell out of the cart. She fails to see that that isn't the problem... the problem is that the child wasn't taken to the hospital immediately afterwords.

Hopefully Child and Family services will be able to educate these parents... that is, if they're willing to listen and not grind their teeth whenever a worker visits.

Yes accidents happen to even the best parents! But its up to the parents to know when a child should be seen by a Dr.

How is the child? Any serious injuries?

Yes accidents happen to even the best parents! But its up to the parents to know when a child should be seen by a Dr.

How is the child? Any serious injuries?

The child is doing fine now. He was looked over yesterday and appears to be doing well.

I am glad that they will be supervised. Sounds like those parents need some reality check and some proper information about how dangerous these things can be. Glad the child is doing ok

xx

Yeh I think the parents should have taken their lo to hosp straight away, but doesn't anyone think it is sad that they felt they couldn't go because they were scared their child would be taken off them?

It must have been an awful feeling for them to decide to risk not going over risk of losing him to the authorities!... Yes I'm sure people will think that the child should be taken away, but who exactly will that benefit? certainly not the child!!!.....

The authorities need to be there to protect the children but to also educate the parents. It is good that they are supervising the family over the next yr, if the family knew that that was all that was going to happen then maybe they would have taken him in the 1st place.

Also OP, you reported them but were you a friend and advise them?

Also OP, you reported them but were you a friend and advise them?

The last family member to offer up any advise that wasn't too her liking got an earful. If I knew she'd listen to me, I would have offered up advise rather than report her... I think this was the only way to get results though.

I think you did the right thing. If it does come back on you at least you know you did the right thing for the child. Who in their right mind would post something like that anyway

u def did the right thing here. Good on u. Hope theres no permenant damage :(

Poor child. Good on you for reporting it.

came across this on facebook...

My son fell outta shopping cart on Friday-puked immediately after but seems to be okay just really friggin crabby and gaggy....DH refuses to take him to EDIT HOSPITAL due to the nurse there reporting us as abusive parents last year no telling what they would report now. I'm thinking of taking him for a "ride".

my wife and I couldn't let this go, I took a screen capture and sent it to child and family services. This is not the first time this has happened to her son. The fact that this was posted on Sunday, and she has yet to take the child to see anyone is neglect.

The person who posted this is also a family member... so if my name ends up on some sort of complaint form... I'll probably be the one everyone hates even though I'm not the neglectful parent. I just couldn't sit and let this pass.

That's kind of what they are doing here by NOT taking him though. I think taking him for a 'ride' means taking him to the hospital without her husband knowing. Maybe she posted it for people to side with her?!

Good on you for saying something though, it could've been really serious :(. I remember Jacob falling of our step and landing head first on concrete about a year ago...I felt physically sick for days and took him to hosp straight away as he swelled up pretty bad :(..so I don't understand how she couldn't have done the same?! Nothing could get in between me and a doctor if it was my LO, hope the litte one is ok now!

^^ my son did the same down concrete steps onto concrete when he was about 3 , the swelling was terrible, a long oval came straight up on his forehead
we rushed him to hospital by the time we got there his face was swollen too n even the staff were convinsed he had a fracture n he was sent for an xray immediatly
there was no fracture thankfully he was fine, hes 16 now nn u an still see where the swelling came up,, theres raised bit on his forehead
accidents do happen but as a parent its your resposiibility to get them checked over, its not the fact lo's get hurt its our responce to it we all want someone to tell us they are going to be ok

Good on you for saying something though, it could've been really serious :(. I remember Jacob falling of our step and landing head first on concrete about a year ago...I felt physically sick for days and took him to hosp straight away as he swelled up pretty bad :(..so I don't understand how she couldn't have done the same?! Nothing could get in between me and a doctor if it was my LO, hope the litte one is ok now!

There were other incidents she posted on facebook in the past as well. This was the last straw for me. She lives about a 45 minutes out of town so even asking "facebook's" permission was kind of messed up. Now I can feel reassured that she will get the guidance she needs to become a better mom. :)

The child is doing fine, so I wish their family the best of luck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->