Horrific pain :(

No the doctors never think of gallstones and I have no idea why... It all takes is 1 minute of dr Google to see that gallstones are most commonly found in 1.blah blah 2.PREGNANT women.

Something to do with the hormones etc. I was dismissed time and time again, it's just pregnancy pain, myalgia, stomach ulcer, indigestion etc

Until they did an ultrasound and they counted at least 14 stones that we're getting trapped and then squeezed through which causes the pain.

I had my gallbladder removed when lo was 10 months old and have been fine ever since.

Don't let them just dismiss you x

Edit. It's very difficult to describe the pain, it was chest/shoulder blades/back/stomach etc and sometimes crushing like id been winded and couldn't get my breath.

Yes that's exactly it, the pain is very weird cause it's kind of all over your front and back. It's worse than a contraction and my contractions were bad cause I was on the hormone drip. That's the only way I could describe it to the doctor yesterday. When it happens again which I'm sure it will I'll make sure I'll go straight up so they can see how much pain I'm in. I remember when it happened twice with my daughter I thought I was going into labour. Thank you for your reply. I won't be letting them fob me again.

Also note that sometimes they don't show on an ultrasound! I had stones for 8 years and it took an MRI to show them (over 50 stones all up in the bladder and bile duct). Liver tests will often show abnormalities also, they kept asking me if I drank lots of alcohol but I don't drink at all.

The pain is horrific and I'd rather have the pain of my last 2 c-sections and the broken leg I had when I was 10 then ever have gallstones again.

Also note that sometimes they don't show on an ultrasound! I had stones for 8 years and it took an MRI to show them (over 50 stones all up in the bladder and bile duct). Liver tests will often show abnormalities also, they kept asking me if I drank lots of alcohol but I don't drink at all.

The pain is horrific and I'd rather have the pain of my last 2 c-sections and the broken leg I had when I was 10 then ever have gallstones again.

I agree! The pain is not very nice. That's if it is gallstones. The pain has gone now after having it for 2 whole days. I'm sure there will be another spell in the not to distant future :(

So glad the pain is gone! Hopefully you don't get it again!

Just a little update. This morning I received a letter from the hospital to say I had signs of an infection from my tests last week. It then goes on to say it's only thrush and I should see my GP. This has really annoyed me since they told me they would call me and obviously didn't, they chose to write to me instead. If they had called me last Monday then I could of seen my doctor during the week instead I have to call the doctors tomorrow and hope I can get seen.

Can I just go to tesco and buy the tablet or can you not take thrush tablets while pregnant? Does it have to be a pessary or something? Weird really cause I have no signs of thrush at all. Could that really be causing the pains I have been having??

I've been having exactky the sane pains as you described :( really horrendous! I had thrush too ! I had to get a prescription from my doctor .... I also have a uti and on antibiotics the second time this pregnancy... I hope you feel better soon xx

Thankfully I haven't had these pains since. I've been trying to drink more and had to see my consultant last week so they gave me a pessery so no need to see the doctor. I hope you are on the mend soon. It's not nice having pain especially while pregnant. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->