hospital bag stress- help needed

babyhussey

Reaction score
hi i have packed my hospital bag about a million times but its just stressing me out now because i keep reading things thats all say diffrent things. i did have a small cabon case for labour, a large case for after birth and baby changing bag with bits in but feel thats too much what is eveyoneelse taking in?

i have got it down to
labour bag
  • tens machine
  • towel
  • top for bithing pool
  • large baggy botton shirt
  • dressing gown
  • slippers
  • tolitery bag with- breast pads,maternity towels, cooling spay, wipes, massarge oil, dissposible underwear, brush and bobbles
  • underwear and maternity bras
  • some sweets and snacks
  • baby outfit, hat,socks,body suit, booties,
  • nappies
  • bottle and carton milk incase i cant BF

afterbirth
  • clean pjs x 2
  • 2 x body suits for baby
  • 2x sleep suits
  • hat, socks, booties
  • 4 x bibs and 2 burp pads
  • blanket and shawl
  • baby towel
  • few underwear sets for me
  • tolitery bag for me with, maternity pads, breast pads, toothbrush, tooth paste, bosy wash, flanel
  • going home cloths for baby(not sure what to pack)
  • going home clothes for me
  • nappies

havnt put any lotions or baby oils ect in because my midwife has told me not to. is this to much or have i missed anything out?
Hubby and mum will have there own bits if they want to bring anything.

i would put in another couple of vests and sleep suits you could you 2-3 in one day easily if you get leaky nappies ive got 4 sleepsuits in my bag and about 5 vests same as knickers for yoiurself im taking 5 pair as if you have heavy bleeding they will get soiled easily
your midwife was rite about oils etc they dont like you to use them till bubs is a week or so old
there is a good sticky at the top of third tri forum so you can see what other ladies wish they had taken or what they did take etc xx

It sounds to me like you've got everything you might need. Don't worry too much about it. It's better to have too much than not enough and if there IS anything you've forgotten, chances are it's not something major. :)

I feel like I'm taking way too much! But I decided I'd rather have too much than not enough.

Agreeing with Leah, take a couple more vests/sleepsuits and lots of underwear for yourself!

Oh 1 thing just came to mind:

Toothbrush + toothpaste! I heard Gas&Air can leave quite a nasty aftertaste? I've popped them into my bag as well, makes you feel a lot fresher after giving birth I suppose :).

Edit: Oh, just seen you already have it in your after birth bag! Ah well, I'll leave it on here for other ladies who might forget ;).

dont panic hun, i have 3 bags - one for bubbs, one labour bag for me with a few bits in for DH and an after bag for me - i'm also leaving surplus stuff (like pads and underwear) in the spare room so if i need more, dh can come home and just grab stuff without rooting around for anything. i thought i had alot of stuff, but you're catering for 2/3 people for up to 4/5 days - and covering different eventualities. I havent even packed the snacks or inflight entertainment yet... ;)

I split it into 2 bags, one for me and one for baby, here's my list-

Me
• Slippers - y
• Dressing gown
• 3x nighties (2)
• Lots of BIG pants - y
• Sanitary towels - y
• Maternity Towels - y
• Socks - y
• Nursing bra & normal bra
• Pyjamas - y
• Shower Gel - y
• Shampoo - y
• Face cloth - y
• Tooth brush - y
• Tooth paste - y
• Going home outfit (me)
• Glasses
• Lenses and Solution - y
• Bobbles and Hairbrush
• Towels
• Breast pads - y
• Deodorant - y

Baby
• 3x sleepsuits - y
• 3x bodysuits - y
• 2x scratch mitts - y
• 2x hats - y
• Nappies - y
• Wipes - y
• Car Seat - y
• Coming home outfit - y
• Cardigan - y
• Dummies - y
• 3x socks - y
• Blanket - y

I think ive packed the basics really xxx

maybe a phone charger? ... but sounds like you got everything!
I havent even packed mine yet so im not a huge help

Hi, i only took 3 baby vests and grows and found i needed 6 in total i had to get my mum to rush up with extra!! I had a boy and he had plenty leaky nappies i was only in for about 23 hours!
Also i dont know about at the hospital you are giving birth at but mine provided towels ect after the water birth and on my bed for showers. They did the babys first bath so provided his towel too. i had packed towels and found them a waste in the end :( Blankets are also provided in the hospital but you will need one for taking the baby home :) .

Definatly take energy drinks and food i give birth at 4am and no food was avaliable in the hospital at that time but your extremly hungry afterwards!!

hope this helps and good luck :) xxx

Maybe extra batteries for camera and camera? Possibly an address book if you don't have everyone's numbers in your cell phone. Is there any music you want to bring (CD, ipod)? Also any chargers you might need and maybe a book or something?

anti-bac hand gel for those visitors who dont use it on the way in. also, dont forget chargers for phones and cameras - i have a list on the front door of things to get last minute as they're in use everyday. think about some lounging clothes for during the day in case you have to stay in - i've got a couple of pairs of lounge pants from primark for a fiver and have a spare pair on the spare bed in case i'm in longer.
cottonwool will be useful too to top n tail bubbs, but for you too x x x

its sounds like you have most stuff got i cant think of anything else really but perhaps 2 more vests and 2 more sleepsuits and what size are they??maybe half newborn have 0-3 months as you dont know what size the baby will be but if your hubby will be able to bring them then thats grand! i dont live far away from the hosp so just bringin 0-3 as i think im having a big baby but if they too big im getin my patner to bring them in!

I've heard that lip balm or Vaseline is very useful too during labour as the G&A can make your lips very dry.

its sounds like you have most stuff got i cant think of anything else really but perhaps 2 more vests and 2 more sleepsuits and what size are they??maybe half newborn have 0-3 months as you dont know what size the baby will be but if your hubby will be able to bring them then thats grand! i dont live far away from the hosp so just bringin 0-3 as i think im having a big baby but if they too big im getin my patner to bring them in!

I did this mistake to actually its a good point i was tiny only got a bump at 7 month so had all new born which went to about 7lb.. i had a 8lb 9oz baby!! i dont know were he was hiding haha. Ther soo misconcieving tho my friend was huge in comparison and although her baby was big 8lb mine was bigger but she was twice the size! better to get bigger than to small.

good luck :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"