Hospital Bags

KNWilson

Reaction score
Here is my list for the bags I'll be packing this weekend. If you feel there is something I need to add or something I have forgotten please let me know...I'm a terrible packer. :dohh:

Labor:
Birth plan
Gown
Robe
Socks with rubber bottoms
Sports bra
Slippers
Hard candy (to snack on)
Pillow

Post Birth:
Toiletries bag to include:
Hand towel
Face wash
Bar soap
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Mini/travel shampoo and conditioner
Deodorant
Razor
Hair bands
Wet wipes
Antibacterial gel
Make up

Gown
Loose underwear
Socks with rubber bottoms
Nursing bra
Breast pads
Large sanitary pads
Fresh clothes for going home

Baby & Diaper Bag:
Car seat
Car seat cover
Boppy
Blanket (2)
Burp cloth (3)
Diapers
Wipes
Powder
Rash cream
Cotton balls
Q-Tips
Hat (1)
Bib (1-2)
Socks (2 pair)
Scratch mitts (2 pair)
Jacket (1)
Sleeper/Gown (2)
Onesies (3)
Going home outfit (NB & 0-3 months) (2 of each size)

Other:
Cell phone/charger
Camera/charger
Change/money bag (for parking if needed and vending machines)
Book or magazine

Lip salve - its a god send if you use gas and air as this dries your lips up something terrible! I had chapped lips for ages after having DD.
I can remember being in labour and thinking - 'what I wouldnt give for a lip balm right now!' LOL!!!!!

xxxx

I might have to steal your list! I feel like I am going to forget something!

Thank you farmerswifey I didn't even think about lip balm I'll add it to my list!! Autumntx feel free it's overwhelming trying to come up with a list of things to take to the hospital not only for yourself but for baby too!! OH is on his own he can pack his bag for himself..lol

I thought the hospital provided diapers for the baby while in the hospital here in the states? Perhaps only bring enough for the car ride. Otherwise everything looks great, sounds like you are all ready xx

Looks like a great list to me, i think i am gonna copy paste it somewhere ;)

I see you are in the US. If you are having baby in a hospital then you have over-packed. A lot of that stuff is provided for you.

My hospital didn't let me wear my own gown or robe during labor. Have you asked about that? I could wear it after labor though, but preferred pants and a top by that point. Also mine provided tons of sanitary pads and even sent a bunch home with me.

Mine provided lots of diapers and wipes ( we had plenty to take home even). And really all supplies for the baby during the hospital stay. I didn't need anything but the going home outfit, fingernail clippers, carseat, blankets for going home, burp rags.

I figured the hospital would provide a majority of the things listed but I figured better safe than sorry. I have my preadmission appointment scheduled for this coming Tuesday at the hospital so I'll ask the preadmissions nurse about what they will supply while I'm there. :thumbup:

Great list!! Need to add some items to my bag this weekend. Can't wait to have this bag all done.

You and me both caiis101 packing stresses me out big time I'm always worried I'm going to forget something major.

:hugs: Don't let it stress you out. The hospitals in the US really are very helpful, and have almost everything you need if you forget anything. A long as you have a carseat, going home outfit, clothes for you, and a camera you will be fine.

That's a fab list.

The only thing I would add is a handheld fan. When I was in labour with DD I was absolutely roasting with the contractions and the labour ward was scorching anyway and they were very reluctant to give me a fan.

Add that to you're list and you're set!!

OMG I had no idea I would need all that :haha:. I swear i'm going to end up in labour on the phone to my mum or OH telling them to get their backsides to ASDA and get me X,Y and Z :haha:. x

Yes, unless I've missed it you don't have hairbrush (for you) on the list!! Also I'm taking a little can of dry shampoo (not sure if you have it in the states) so I don't have to wash my hair every single day :)

I've just started packing mine today!!! :D

Good call fairykate I didn't even think about a hairbrush!! I don't need my hair looking like a mess during my stay. Yes I have heard of the dry shampoo but I've never tried it a friend of mine uses it and loves it! I'll make a trip to the store and see what I can find.

Wowsers you're list is significantly longer than mine. A lot of the things on there will likely be provided in the hospital so might be a good idea to ask so u can cut down the list. my hospital even provides a new hairbrush and you take it home with you so i don't even need to pack that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->