hospitals stopping providing formula

So even if SMA etc gave these to the hospitals who do you think stopped them? So maybe the hospital don't pay a penny ...but is it something thats been taken out of our hands!?

I am starting to hate living in this country if I wouldn't pee my pants over storms ands things in the USA I'd go over there. I'ma nervous wreck even when I think of getting on a plane and I don't have a passport lol

see Im the opposite... Im thankful the NHS... yeh we criticise it etc!! But I wouldnt like having to get private healthcare etc!!

Ive heard stories about some states and at least I know if I got really ill or something I will be treated... i wouldnt have to raise the money to be treated!!

I said country not just the NHS there are lots that could be better with the NHS if certain things changed ...again not something I'm going to publicly voice.

You'll find many not thankful to the NHS because they aren't treated when they are ill due to cut backs and more and you'll find many treatments that can be done on the NHS have to be carried on privately because of it. They are lacking on pretty standard stuff now and whist I say that I include wages for those nurses who tbh work their asses off. Sucks!

Other countries have insurance for situations you mention I believe ...its liek what we pay from our wages a month if they don't pay it then a massive bill is handed to you of course ......I could be wrong about that because I don't live in another country lol

I'm grateful for the NHS, I just feel that people on here saying we should provide 4 ourf children r misunderstanding the point..! I just feel Formula is the 1 thing that shuld be provided...as steralising etc is gonna be sooo hectic..! and I pay my NI contribution soo why shouldnt I be entitled to it..!

And as 4 the people bringing voting into the subject and taking this topic as a personal insult just cause they happen 2 work for the NHS need 2 get a life.

are we even completely sure that hospitals are banning giving out formula?!?!?!

I havent heard this and I was in hospital just 3 weeks ago.... also I just googled it and the top story was about a New York hospital banning it!!

And then other stories were reports on WHY it should be banned?!?

So even if SMA etc gave these to the hospitals who do you think stopped them? So maybe the hospital don't pay a penny ...but is it something thats been taken out of our hands!?

I am starting to hate living in this country if I wouldn't pee my pants over storms ands things in the USA I'd go over there. I'ma nervous wreck even when I think of getting on a plane and I don't have a passport lol

see Im the opposite... Im thankful the NHS... yeh we criticise it etc!! But I wouldnt like having to get private healthcare etc!!

Ive heard stories about some states and at least I know if I got really ill or something I will be treated... i wouldnt have to raise the money to be treated!!

I said country not just the NHS there are lots that could be better with the NHS if certain things changed ...again not something I'm going to publicly voice.

You'll find many not thankful to the NHS because they aren't treated when they are ill due to cut backs and more and you'll find many treatments that can be done on the NHS have to be carried on privately because of it.
They are lacking on pretty standard stuff now and whist I say that I include wages for those nurses who tbh work their asses off. Sucks!

Other countries have insurance for situations you mention I believe ...its liek what we pay from our wages a month if they don't pay it then a massive bill is handed to you of course ......I could be wrong about that because I don't live in another country lol

It does seem unfair with what has been on the news etc about it depending on what postcode you live in and whether you get treatment etc but I think something else has to be combatted so the NHS can do a better job!! But like you Wobbles not going to say too much :) Also like the criminal justice system and police force and crime within the country... the media love to criticise! Something wrong goes on with the NHS and the media are there heightening it!

Private health care has its benefits and it's drawbacks. I grew up in the States but we were too poor to pay for insurance coverage so any time we had to go to the doctor/hospital it came out of pocket. And when you are poor you can't really afford doctors and such as often as you need them, my mom went several years with bad gall stones because she didn't have the money for the operation.

On the flipside though with public health care here it can take YEARS to get treatments for life threatening illnesses. To be honest if I ever got very sick I'd go back to the States for treatment, even if we had to pay out of pocket, I'd get treated much more quickly.

I havent heard this and I was in hospital just 3 weeks ago.... also I just googled it and the top story was about a New York hospital banning it!!

And then other stories were reports on WHY it should be banned?!?

i was just going off what my midwife told me the other day. i think my hospital's one of the first, but tbh they didnt start telling people until the very last minute (typical nhs lol) I do hav a leaflet somewhere, but i'll be buggered if i can find it lol!

Don't know if it's mentioned, but you can actually buy the same pre-made bottles off of Cow and gate them selves. So maybe taking some of those into hospital would be more appealing then sterilising bottles and cartons.

I was wondering this too, I've had antinatal classes and a tour of the birthing unit and no-one mentioned it (me and my preggy brain forgot to ask!!)

When Sebastian was in hospital with his respiratory infection, we took in our own bottles and formula. But, the ward offered to provide it and nothing was mentioned about formula being banned. I was all into breastfeeding and did it for over 3 weeks. However, I did not produce enough milk and had to keep giving Sebastian formula. I had the support of a breast feeding counsellor, but it was to no avail. Neither my mother, grandmother or great-grandmother produced enough milk to breast feed. My breasts never engorged or leaked although I just stopped suddenly and they dried up quickly, not that there was much anyway. I had no choice but to go onto formula.

Our hospital provided everything!
Milk, cotton wool, nappies, breast pads, maternity pads, the lot!
And one of the midwives gave me a full case (24 bottles) of aptamil ready made bottled milk to come home with and a few wee bottles of sterilised water.... So I can't really moan about ours!

Our hospital provided everything!
Milk, cotton wool, nappies, breast pads, maternity pads, the lot!
And one of the midwives gave me a full case (24 bottles) of aptamil ready made bottled milk to come home with and a few wee bottles of sterilised water.... So I can't really moan about ours!

Good grief.....lucky bugger:happydance:. My case was chocca block with breastpads, nappies and sanitary towels etc. We were given cotton wool and 3 nappies to start off with....bottles of milk was provided but I used draught:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->