Housing benefit - No. of bedrooms.

Everyone is shocked we don't get WTC, even the actual tax credits site says we don't though :dohh:

If you get a good wage you wont get any help , going by what you said before about how OH earns a fair good wage higher then some i dobt you will get any. We dont get any help with council tax nor housing benefit and our wage shot down last year and still arnt eligible.

I guess if the place has a silly amount of rent you may??

Well I put all the information in for where we live and stuff and it said we are?

We dont get it iether , surprised they said you could get help with rent if you cant have WTC? Tis odd!

^6 thats why i commented as you normally y get both to get hb.As his earnings are high i'd be unsure if you will receive.I hope you do as it all helps but be prepared for a shock lol

What is the rent a month?

So 120 paid sounds about right hun xxxxx

Christ £800 a month? Where do you live. Our mortgage is just over half that!!

We dont get it iether , surprised they said you could get help with rent if you cant have WTC? Tis odd!

My OH and I thought that its a weird thing too... when I got made redundant last year they said we could have HB (but not CTB!) but we couldn't get WTC because neither of us is old enough and we don't have a child.... :nope: I think its a bit daft really.... the age is quite high at 24/25 (can't remember which it is) because I know lots of people under that age who are working and have their own place.

sorry to barge in, whats the income cut off for housing benefit & income support?

thinking about going pt and studying this year x

Just be careful that the intitled2 site hasnt based it on you actually being intitlled to say a house that is 800 a month as im sure when hb look at it they will say they can only base it on u needing a smaller house at a cheaper rent and as u already have a good income they might say no. That make sense? lol xxx

I don't think it asked me how much the rent was, just the LHA and things about us? Not sure though.......... Don't really want to fill it all out again :rofl:

My OH and I thought that its a weird thing too... when I got made redundant last year they said we could have HB (but not CTB!) but we couldn't get WTC because neither of us is old enough and we don't have a child.... :nope: I think its a bit daft really.... the age is quite high at 24/25 (can't remember which it is) because I know lots of people under that age who are working and have their own place.

Maybe I make us not entitled then because I do the applications in Rich's name and he's 26 in a week. I'm only 20 though??

Maybe I make us not entitled then because I do the applications in Rich's name and he's 26 in a week. I'm only 20 though??

is it not differnet when you have a child? my friends only 21 and she gets it! just do the app in joint names then at least you know! x

You can not get WTC till your are 25 but yup different when you have a child.BTW my rent is £950 a mth!!!!!!!!!!

Do u claim tax credits as a couple? If u do then Rich should be able to claim working tax credit as he is over 25 but bear in mind that if he earns too much he might not get it still xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->