Housing benefit - No. of bedrooms.

Nope no IS, and our income isn't low either. We don't get the full amount at all, not even close :lol: but it does say we get more than the nothing we thought we could apply for..

So we can tell them we have a 3 bed, we're entitled to a 2 bed, and still be entitled to the money?

we applyed for housing benefit after i had my daughter, cos we thought we was on a low income. we wasnt actually entitled to any benefit (i even applied twice just to make sure).

we applied again last year as my OH lost his full time job (but had a part time one) n we only gt so much paid (were only in a 2 bed n shud be entitled to a 3 bed as havin a boy and girl), in august he lost the part time job n now claim jsa that we gt the full housing benefit

we did have the oppertunity to move not long bk but it was a five bed, n i did ask at the council if wed still gt all the rent paid n they said no as it goes on how many rooms u actually need

He can claim them on his own? x

When my husband first moved in with me before we were married, i was claiming ctc on my own for the children but as soon as he moved in i had to inform them, that he was now living with us and i had to end my single claim and make a joint claim. When it was recalculated it didnt actually make much difference to the amount of ctc but did mean we got some wtc too xx

If I do joint on the tax credits site we don't get WTC x

If I do joint on the tax credits site we don't get WTC x

In that case hun when u live together u wont be intitled to any wtc as it must mean rich earns too much. When u move in together then u have to declare it and claim as a couple not seperately xxx

i cant understand how u dont gt WTC wen i had my daughter, i was 20 my OH wa 19 n we gt WTC he wa in full time work n i wa on mat leave. the WTC was also in his name n the CTC was in my name.
he must earn too much to qualify for it.

Confusing......... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Confusing......... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I would give them a ring tomorrow hun, just tell them u are thinking of moving in with your boyfriend and can they give u a calculation on what u would be intitled to? Ive done it before and they have always been able to give me a rough idea. At least that way u will know for sure :hugs: xxx

Alright I must have done something wrong yesterday because we're not entitled on entitledto anymore :rofl:

Damn.... Nevermind! :rofl:

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/TaxCreditsandChildBenefit/TaxCredits/DG_073804

0845 300 3900

This is the number i always ring hun xxx

My friend used to have a 3 bed but she was only entitled to a 2 bed, i think her rent was like 95 a week and hb paid about 82 and she paid the rest x

yeah cos we move to a 4 bed and although i have 4 kids we are only entitled to 3 bed as we ahve 2 of each so they will pay based on a 3 bed

You can not get WTC till your are 25 but yup different when you have a child.BTW my rent is £950 a mth!!!!!!!!!!

We get WTC and Im only 23? x

*edit* nvm being thick & not reading properly x

Any closer to figuring out why you're not entitled hun? :(

I think they should make the eligibility rules a little bit clearer to be honest because it makes it really difficult to work it out for yourself and it can be really time consuming to have to ring up and go through everything (esp. when you're then told that you're not eligible!).

I really think that benefits are very age-ist too :( Like, I know that OH and I will get some WTC when either A) I have a baby or B) He turns 25 and our age is the only thing stopping us at the minute. We pay just as much in taxes as anybody else and when we tried to apply before we were in genuine hardship and really needed the money :(

Sorry just to barge in...dont forget alot of it goes on your previous tax year. As I havent had anything this year but I might actually get some CTC from April.

we get 207 pounds every 2 weeks, but i thnk it changes and depends were you live

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->