How are you all sleeping?

I was waking up with cramp, found wearing socks helped enormously. OH has had flu and has been keeping me awake with his snoring but had a good night's sleep last night, only thing I can put it down to is aquanatal class in the morning and not having an afternoon snooze although I desperately wanted one xx

Depends on the night. Sometimes i find it reli hard to get to sleep, my back hurts and my bump gets in the way lol, then im up sixty times weeing but other nights i wake up once or twice but get back to sleep straight after and sleep right through. It helps to try not drink before bed. But other than that i got nothin other than :hugs: x

I struggled for a few weeks, it took me a while to sleep, I'd go to bed at say 11pm and I couldn't sleep for an hour, then for some reason I always woke up at 3am, for at least 2 hours. Nothing I was doing helped.

But about a week ago I decided to try having a hot very bubbly bath! I slept from midnight until 11am!! So i've had a bath every night for nearly a week, and I've always slept through (apart from pee breaks!). However last night I was still watchin tv at 1am, and decided to skip the bath, as I was knackered. I woke up from 4am for 3 hours!!

It's now a bath for me every night whether I want one or not!!

My skin itches all night long and I havent had more than 2 hours sleep a night since the cholestasis started :(.

Lastnight had to be one of the worse nights.
I try to sleep late as possible now that im off work, thinking i will be tired and sound asleep but noooooooo.....
its not so much about peeing, its sleeping on the sides. I find it so uncomfortable and my arms go to sleep very quickly. My back aches so I was sleeping sitting up in bed, that didnt last long. I think this is it, no proper sleep for the next 18 yrs!!!!!!!! lol

I am with you on this one :(
It is difficult not sleeping and having to work full time.. sigh.. I drop off to sleep OK and then after I wake up for a wee, that's it. Even now I could still be sleeping, but couldn't, so got up and decided to do something else before going to work.
Hugs!

I'm sleeping alright, but I keep waking up to go to the toilet at least 3 times a night, often more like 5 or 6 times :-(

I havent slept for weeks either. I keep waking at 3am and lying for hours. Have bad pain in my arms with Carpal Tunnel. My husband is sleeping in daughters bed cos I just toss and turn all night. When my eldest is at school, me and my 2 year old have an 1 1/2 sleep before lunch, think thats the only thing thats seeing me through the day. But I have to say I would be happy if I was lying not able to sleep if I wasnt in pain, not going to sleep once baby born so probably just preparing my body for no sleep again. Going to try the hot bath and see if that works!

I know this is abit off topic, but I woke up this morning with my OH's arm across my belly.. and he's got quite heavy arms. Baby should be ok right? I dont feel in pain. She's just so little bless her. :(

I know this is abit off topic, but I woke up this morning with my OH's arm across my belly.. and he's got quite heavy arms. Baby should be ok right? I dont feel in pain. She's just so little bless her. :(

Im sure baby is fine, they are well protected in there. x

Well girls - I am feeling FANTASTIC this morning!!!!!

I slept from 10.30pm through til 7.30am this morning without waking once!!! It was actually just getting light outside when I woke and I was so happy as I instantly felt like I was rested.

I took a codydramol at 7pm last night, by 8pm I was feeling a bit spacey and drowsy and drifted in and out of napping while watching tv and trying to hold a conversation with oh (he'd been away for 2 days so wanted to stay up for a bit with him). Then at 9.30pm I had the rescue remedy and went up to bed.

Oh im a happy happy girl today! Hope it wasnt just a one off. I think though that I couldnt have physically gone another night like that and the tiredness won out last night.

Woo hoo!!!!! x

Sleep?

Jumpy legs - get up stretch legs, acid get up have gaviscon, thirsty drink pint of water, pee, snooze amazing, pee, thirsty get up for another pint of water, jumpy legs stretch legs again alarm time for work bugger...........

the old yoga leg stretches do help for a bit anyone with jumpy legs try heel raises just rocking off your heels and tilt pelvis forward, don't push you bum out as you come down or lift you toes, give it a go - give me an hour or 2!

Any advise on the other would be greatly appricated!!!! :)

I'm 29 weeks 3 days, no problems with sleeping yet at all. Takes me a few more minutes to fall asleep, and I'm sleeping kind of on my back, but tilted slightly. I wake up on either side often; I think my body is pretty smart and adjusts during the night when it gets uncomfortable (go body!). A few weeks ago I'd pee 3 times a night but it's gotten easier recently, just once or so, but it doesn't really disturb my sleep that much. One thing that's been super helpful - working out. Every day that I go to the gym (and I work out pretty hard, get seriously sweaty, stretch, lift weights and swim) I sleep even better, fall asleep promptly and feel very comfortable.

I've actually been sleeping like a log! I only wake up once to pee also. I find having a 15 month old to run around after all day helps, plus I go to bed late (1-2 am lately!) but DH lets me sleep in whenever he's not working/is working late (I only go to bed late when I can sleep in though).

I just stay up late and sleep really late. Not sleeping too well but that is partially due to our bed being uncomfy- we are getting a new mattress soon.

Right now dh is up at 5:30 to leave for work by 7, and sometimes falls asleep by 8pm as he works hard :)
Where I don't have a job right now and am on my own schedule- and sleeping at night is so challenging somehow that I stay up till midnight or later and sleep till 10 or later.
But I sleep in every position. I find that even short stints on my belly feel okay which I wouldn't think would. But when dh lies on top of me (for sex or snuggles) that feels like too much!

Of all the things I miss (booze, walking properly, normal looking boobs) I miss sleep the most. Once in a while I get a good 8 or so hours, but mainly it's 5-6 with tossing and turning. Of course turning over is such an effort that you have to wake to do it. Also, I will sometimes find that I am sleeping on my back and freak out that this is hurting the baby.

There are also the aches and pains. If it's not my hips it's my ribs. Then the other night was the worst heartburn of my life! Super.

I sort of figure I am getting more sleep now than what I will get after the baby gets here.

I am also sleeping very well. I am usually just up once to go to the toilet. I expect the sleep will decrease as I get bigger though.

I do feel for people that can't sleep though, as I usually go through a period about once a year when I can't sleep for about a week. It is horrible.

Hopefully some of you will be on mat leave soon and will be able to nap during the day

:hugs:

Ive always slept like a log. Although I didnt in the second tri because I had to get used to sleeping on my side (always used to sleep on my front). I sometimes wake up slightly on my front and Im all scared that I've killed baby but I don't think that's possible is it? Bless her.

I feel quite lucky because I slept well up until 36 weeks. Finding it hard now, combination of hip pain and carpel tunnel which wakes me up about ever 1.5 - 2 hours. I do have a bath every night and it does help to relax me. Hubby gets up about 7.30 then I tend to go back to sleep for a couple of hours after that which is good.

I think this might be preparation for the baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->