How are you planning to announce to family?

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi ladies, DH and I are currently waiting until December to actively TTC as we have a hol booked next year which I dont want to have to cancel!! But i've been thinking about how to announce to family when it happens...and if we're lucky in December i'm planning to give my parents a wrapped up baby gro with "I love my Grandparents" on the front :) I know the chances of it happening first month are slim but I can't help imagining a xmas after just finding out!!

What is everyone else planning to do? :happydance:

Hi ladies, DH and I are currently waiting until December to actively TTC as we have a hol booked next year which I dont want to have to cancel!! But i've been thinking about how to announce to family when it happens...and if we're lucky in December i'm planning to give my parents a wrapped up baby gro with "I love my Grandparents" on the front :) I know the chances of it happening first month are slim but I can't help imagining a xmas after just finding out!!

What is everyone else planning to do? :happydance:

I'm REALLY hoping either this month or next month will be the month for us. I'm starting Clomid, so maybe that will be the kick in my little booty to get these puppies fertilized. :D

We are going to Disney World the week after Thanksgiving, and if we are lucky enough to get pregnant this cycle, we should be finding out a few days before Thanksgiving dinner!! I'm hoping to buy some cute knicknacks for little ones in Disney World and getting a photographer to grab an awesome shot and making postcards to send out. Either that or have my favorite characters take photos touching my belly and make a photo book to show when we get back. :D

If it's not this month, my second round of Clomid will be December, and then we would be finding out a few days before Christmas. I would surprise my family on Christmas day with a gift that will make them take a second look! I can't decide if I want to buy baby supplies in Disney and have each one of them open it or if I want to get them a 'be prepared' kit or what!!

But Mickey Mouse and the gang will somehow be tied together.

LORD I hope my dreams will come true and I will get pregnant on our Disney World trip! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed to finally do this my way. ;].

That's such a sweet idea.....I love the idea of involving Disney!! Fingers crossed for you!!

I'm on prenatals and i'm timing as accurately as I can so all I can do is wait after that....and I should be able to test around the 20th Dec!! And if it doesn't happen then at least i'll be able to have a few drinks to drown my sorrows on xmas day!! :blush:

That's such a sweet idea.....I love the idea of involving Disney!! Fingers crossed for you!!

I'm on prenatals and i'm timing as accurately as I can so all I can do is wait after that....and I should be able to test around the 20th Dec!! And if it doesn't happen then at least i'll be able to have a few drinks to drown my sorrows on xmas day!! :blush:

Yeah, girl. Maybe then you can go for getting pregnant close to new years or maybe even a valentines day love-baby. ;D

I'll try not to be too dis-heartened....i've got so much to focus on other than babies but it's hard to think of anything else sometimes!!

Your Disney idea has made me think I need to come up with something more exciting now hehe! :dohh:

This is my last shot at getting pregnant before Feb next year - same reason as you, we've got a holiday booked. It's a friends wedding so I really don't want to miss it.

If we're lucky enough to get a sticky baby this cycle then I'll be about 10 weeks at christmas. We always give our parents a calendar full of pictures of DD and my nephews, so for the month of July I'd have a scan pic and will circle the due date. Hopefully they'll flick through and notice that way!

With the mmc we got DD a t shirt saying 'I'm going to be a big sister' and took her visiting, I liked letting her be the announcement.

Anniebobs the calendar is a brilliant idea....so creative!!

We did exactly that when we were pregnant with our son. We had a babygro printed with 'I love my grandparents' on the front and 'First grandchild coming March 2012' on the back. They loved it.

This time I want to have a T-shirt printed for my son with new baby's ultrasound picture (after 12 weeks) on the front with the words 'Looking forward to being a big brother in July/August/September/etc. 2014' (whichever month it ends up being). Then we'll go round for dinner to my parents in law and facetime my family as they're all abroad. I'm planning a facebook reveal after 12 weeks to be a picture of my son wearing the T-shirt with a big grin.

x

For #1 we found out I was pregnant in the cycle after returning from a vacation in Hawaii. We had been lazy about getting the souvenirs we bought his parents to them, so after we got our BFP we went to the Hallmark store and bought a coffee mug that said Grandma and a short poem on it. We called his parents and told them we wanted to give them their souvenirs from Hawaii and gave his mom the wrapped mug last. When she opened it she didn't read it right away and said it was her favorite color. Then she saw the writing and read outloud, "Grandma...? GRANDMA?!??! (looks at me) Are you pregnant?!"

Then we cried and hugged. It was all very emotional and wonderful.

This time our plan is to put DD in a "I'm the BIG sister" shirt and put a sweater over it. Then we'll ask MIL to remove the sweater while I'm busy with something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->