How can anyone

L

Laura--x

Seriously drink 8 litres of water a day ?!

Its just madness!

I never used to go anywhere near water, but really trying my best to drink some now, i buy little bottles (500ml) so i can fit them in my bag, and their telling me im supposed to drink 16 !!!! of these a day ?

I just manage 2 at the most!

Does anyone really drink that much water?

Normally i hate the stuff with a passion, but with my last pregnancies it was the only thing i actually truly craved, day and night....when i washed my hair and had a shower i could smell the water and i just had to have it, i took water everywhere with me (and stayed near a loo at all times!!!!

I hope that happens this time to because otherwise id find it impossible.

i have always drank water but it has to be bottled i cannot stand tap water haha! also b4 i got preg i got into the habbit of adding lime cordial to it and now i cannot stand the taste of it on its own haha but has to be lime in it nothink else! try adding somethin to it like me x

No I just stick with 8 glasses a day. Have trouble but I try. I drink 2 when I wake up, 2 with lunch, two with dinner, 2 before bed lol I force myself sometimes. Sometimes I just want it. When you do it that way it's easier.

I can't drink water of out a glass how strange it sounds, its always gotta be bottled 2!

The thing with water is i cant swig it down, i just have to sip it every few minutes lol x

I can't drink water of out a glass how strange it sounds, its always gotta be bottled 2!

The thing with water is i cant swig it down, i just have to sip it every few minutes lol x

haha aww try the added thing u mite be able to swig it then if it doesnt taste like water! x

Before I found out I was pregnant, I drank about 3 big tumblers at work a day - I love the stuff as I hate tea and may only have one cup of coffee a week.

Up until recently, water made me gag. I am trying to drink more as I am aware that I need to keep hydrated.

i hate water and never have a glass a day, unless it counts having water with diluted orange or something?

thats they only kind of water i have or flavoured.

xxx

Where did you hear 8 litres from hun? I always heard 8 glasses rather than litres.
Looked it up and found this -

"However, to meet the increased demands of your body during pregnancy, you need to drink about three litres (ten to twelve glasses). Add another glass of water for an hour of light exercise. Increase a glass or two during the summer months to make up for fluid lost due to perspiration.

Juices can contribute to your fluid intake, but keep in mind that they can also provide a lot of extra calories. Avoid counting caffeinated beverages, such as coffee, colas, and teas as part of your fluid intake because they're diuretics -- they make you urinate more so you actually lose water.

If you're not sure how much water you drink each day, fill a two to three litre jug or flask and try to finish it by the end of the day. "

You will find at some stage that water is the drink that tastes the best well I did anyway. I have never been a big water drinker but have had loads especially during first try. Nice and cold and yes out of a bottle for me too! We went to a wholesalers and picked up a couple of cases of the stuff as I was going through so much, but still not 8 litres lol

Yeah i did actually used to live off orange squash, and i used to have it that dilute is was pretty much water ! If that counts.. but since being pregnant i cant go near any squash x

Where did you hear 8 litres from hun? I always heard 8 glasses rather than litres.
Looked it up and found this -

"However, to meet the increased demands of your body during pregnancy, you need to drink about three litres (ten to twelve glasses). Add another glass of water for an hour of light exercise. Increase a glass or two during the summer months to make up for fluid lost due to perspiration.

Juices can contribute to your fluid intake, but keep in mind that they can also provide a lot of extra calories. Avoid counting caffeinated beverages, such as coffee, colas, and teas as part of your fluid intake because they're diuretics -- they make you urinate more so you actually lose water.

If you're not sure how much water you drink each day, fill a two to three litre jug or flask and try to finish it by the end of the day. "

You will find at some stage that water is the drink that tastes the best well I did anyway. I have never been a big water drinker but have had loads especially during first try. Nice and cold and yes out of a bottle for me too! We went to a wholesalers and picked up a couple of cases of the stuff as I was going through so much, but still not 8 litres lol

Oh really ? :rofl: , i swear on one bottle of water i had it said 8 litres, and ive just always thought it was 8 litres haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->