How common?

vixy

Expecting baby boy #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I want to call my boy Felix but since making the decision I have heard the name a couple of times and am concerned it will become too common.

Does anyone know many felix's ?? If so how common do you think it is now or is becoming ?

Thanks xx

I don't know any I work on a children's ward/children's a and e and can honestly say never heard a child called Felix

I think Felix is unique! I like it. I certainly don't know anyone called Felix.

I like Felix but if you want to check how popular it is go onto the ons website they have the top 1000/ names in the UK in 2011 x

I know one person with a kid called Felix, so I don't think it's common at all.

In the UK, Felix was at position number 131 last year and there were 432 little Felix's altogether! I think it's on the rise, my friend named her baby this the other month but other than the statistics that's the only one I have ever heard of x

I've never known or heard of a Felix, seems like a pretty unique name. I doubt there would be another in any of his classes. He might meet one or two, but not many. I say go for it. It's really cute.

I went to high school with a Felix, but he was the only one and it was 10 years ago (eek I feel old!)- to the day haven't really heard it again until this page

JasmineIvy already gave you the ONS data so it's not common, but not especially unusual either. There is a baby in my mum and baby group I go to called Felix. He is a few days older then Gabriella, so 5 months old. I also overheard a lady at baby cinema calling her baby Felix not long ago (it wasn't the same lady as from my mum and baby group!).

I've only ever heard of one little boy called felix, I definitely wouldn't say it's common! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->