how did u find things?

XxkayleighxX

Reaction score
hey guys, am just being really nosey now,

but 4 u ladies that have already had a baby, how did u find the money side of things? with u not bein at work and dat? did u find it hard 2 cope wiv the bills n that?

we found it all fine, we had well budgeted, and james has a relatively good job and has been taking on lots of extras for more commission (he's a sales manager on the whole), so i can stay at home with maddi x

For me, i have a really good maternity policy so i haven't yet seen a reduction in my wages. (i went on mat leave 14th nov 08) Next month i go to smp for the remaining time and tbh we have been doing things to make sure we will be financially ok. As soon as we knew we were having a baby we upped our mortgage payments meaning that we could take a payment holiday if we wanted when dh when on paternity leave. Also i have been saving my child benefit and tax credits in a separate account so i can pay mayself it back when the smp kicks in. Fortunately we didn't have to use the payment hols on the mortgage so we now always have the security in that.
Saying that i know i am am possibly in a minority in having such a good maternity policy.
Hope that helps some xx

at times things where tight but we managed the babies never went without at times hubby and i had to but its not always a bed of roses having kids.

I have no advice here - seeing as i don't have kids yet... but i have to agree with Tudor Rose. From everyone I have talked to thats the general concensus...

Things are tight but you manage.

I am going to go with "times will never be perfect, there will never be the right amount of money to have saved up and sometimes i will have to go without - but won't it be worth it?" :thumbup:

There is never a right time to have children. If you wait untill everything is perfect, very few people will get there!

I would rather go without things than work while Caitlyn is small x

I agree with the others unless you are a millionnaire things are going to be tight but you soon learn to live within your means i haven't worked full time since having my eldest we just learnt to adjust and the child benefit and child tax credit helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->