How did u meet ur OH??

I love all these stories of people being childhood sweethearts and still together now!!

DH and I met here in Scotland, I'd moved over to the UK on a working holiday visa for a bit of an experience after I graduated university. A friend of mine from back home was engaged to his brother. I knew his whole family before I met him. We met and were friends on msn but I was dating someone and he was in a long-term relationship. Both of us were pretty unhappy and splitted with our SO's and we ended up dating a few months later. Been together 5 years this past March and married 2 years this month.

The twist is though, because I am Canadian, I had to move back home after my first visa expired so we spent about 2.5 years doing a long-distance relationship. And after we got married, I had to wait another 4 months for my marriage visa to come through so I could move here. Was here for 3 months and fell pregnant with our little boy!

I wish me and the OH had some romantic story of how we met but ours is pretty plain jane.

We met when doing our gcse's, we had mutual friends so he started texting me and i will have to be honest.. i pretty much blanked him at first :blush:, one night i text back and we ended up having a really long converstation. He texted me every night since until i got pregnant with Rio and we moved in together. We are now engaged and in 5/6 year have yet to have something to argue about.. arghh!! :haha:

me n craig 32.jpg250039_2103073099001_1310672986_2474221_5232388_n.jpg

Met him through twitter and football, went to a few football matches together and realised we liked each other a lot,and now we are together and couldnt be happier!!

we met at work, i know not so romantic! the kicker was i wasnt even supposed to be working there. my friend had an interview and couldnt go, so i went and dropped of my resume and got the job! the weird thing is the first time i saw him, i swore i knew him from somewhere, even though we had gone to two different schools and grew up in different countries!:) weve been together for eleven years and married for eight with two gorgeous girls!:)

We worked together in retail at a electronics store. We were friends at first and I didn't fancy him AT ALL. Like...at all. He was very nice, but he was very close to being friend-zoned, he just managed to slip in there.

In fact, when he first asked me out I said no because in the past with other guys I had said yes to them when I didn't actually 'feel' it, then broken up with them because I didn't like them in that way. Then we went out for a friendly dinner and I thought to myself 'you know what, I do like this guy' so I told him I did want to go out with him, and the rest is history.

Also, he's so silly - he thinks he was subtle about liking me prior to asking me out...pssh, men never are, so seethrough! :rofl:

we met at a meet of the motorcycle forum we're both on....for him it was love at first sight..for me it was "UGH no commitments!!" :blush:

he "waited" for me for three years :blush: and I'm so happy that he did :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

At his grandads birthday party I was invited via his cuz and got talking there and then. Got together about 4/5 months after first date :), now 4 years down the line still can't get rid of him :cloud9:!

In a shopping centre on boxing day lol.
It was hate at 1st sight :haha:

I went for a job interview and spyed my oh working away (I didn't know him) but thought he was blumin gorgeous... I got the job, started working and he was gone... Totally devastated as I thought I'd replaced him... Next thing you know work took us te Chester races and n he walked of a business trip, looking amazing in his suit... **one of the best days of my life. :) turns out he also spied me at my interview and thought te same thing.
Xxxx

We met in an AOL chatroom 9 years ago, I was 17 he was 23. I was already with someone and he charmed me and plagued me until i gave in. We chatted for 4 months and then he drove from Bournemouth to Newcastle (a week after passing his driving test) and stayed the week we fell in love. He kept coming up to see me I discovered I was pregnant by the other person I had been with previously yet he still wanted me. 2 months later his dad got him a job up here and he moved into my parents. We then moved into our first home and a month later Corey was born. Hes brought Corey up as his own from me being 3 months pregnant. We now also have Zane hes my rock and I cant ask for anything more! <3

Met him online via a forum/social site in 2009. To be honest, he was an absolute dick to me as well. Ended up talking on MSN/cam until 4-5am every night since, despite having to go to college in the morning. He added me on FB and a few months later I gave him my number. We were constantly texting and chatting on MSN. I started falling for him (silly as it sounds). He kept telling me to meet him but I was telling him no. We ended up cutting contact for some reason. Then in November 2010 things sparked up again and I agreed to meet him so he jumped on a train to here. Best day ever. 5 days later, he took me to meet his parents then we made it official. Conceived a New Years baby. Moved in with him in June 2011 and then moved into our own place in August.

Match.com

I'd moved 200 miles away from my family with my then fiancé, we broke up within a week of the move, I was stuck here for a job. And I went on a mission to find a nice man...dating sites, and set ups. Had 20 dates in 2 weeks, then walked into a pub car park to meet man number 21 and there was my husband.
Engaged after 6 months, married after 15 months, baby at 24 months, the most fantastic whirlwind.
X

We were both invited to a mutual friends halloween party, we began talking and how we knew the mutual friend and ended up exchanging numbers... then we were texting all through November before we went on our 1st date in December... Christmas Eve he turned up on my doorstep with carol singers and a big bunch of flowers... I then had a New Years party and obviously invited him and we had our 1st kiss at midnight... he then took me on another date on the 2nd January 2008 and it became 100% official, we were finally together :happydance:

And now after almost 4 and a half years we're engaged, have an angel son and a bump together and I couldn't be happier! :flower: Move in with him in just under a month :dance:

I met my OH at college on the first day, stood outside the wrong class! x

We both went on the same class trip as helpers for younger/ special needs kids to an amusment park and just kind of ended up bumping into each other. Decided we would group together and take the people we were with to the same rides. Well we took seprate buses back to the school and everything but well with the wonderful world of internet and some mutual friends found each other on myspace.. We did break up and lost contact for several months at one point but got together again after some random person telling him stupid things about me and he thought I was pregnant or something.. But we started talking after that and pretty much have been together for almost 5 years and now have two daughters don't think we will be getting married anytime soon though as he has yet to get my hints for some reason :dohh:

We went to school together, he was the year below me and i used to speak to one of his friends on msn. His friend gave him my msn address and we spoke for about a year, then when i left school in july 2006 we lost contact. Last christmas his best friend added me on facebook and it came up on his newsfeed so he added me too, i was in a relationship at the time but we still chatted a bit.

In february i saw him on a night out, went over to say hello (The first time we'd EVER spoken in person :haha: ) and i tripped (drunk with 6 inch heels on haha) and spilled his pint all over him :rofl: so i bought him another and we talked for about 10 mins then he left.

When i split up with the guy i was with he asked for my number and we started texting, he asked me out for a drink and i agreed. We went for the drink, then a walk on the beach, then met a few friends out in town. In the end i got fed up of waiting for him to kiss me so i threw myself at him :haha:

We agreed right from the start that neither of us wanted anything serious but that lasted about 3 weeks before he asked me to be his girlfriend :)

Met at work. We were both with someone else but as soon as I met him I just knew I wanted to be with him. We started seeing each other in secret, he broke up with his gf then I broke up with my bf, we stayed quiet for 3 months so it didn't upset my ex as we'd been together 5 years and lived together then we told everyone. I've never regretted it, we're now married and have a LO :cloud9: x

I realise how short my reply was compared to other people's so I'll expand! Haha. It seems a lot of people on here met their OH's online :D

I met my OH at college... He was stood outside of a class at the other side of the hall. He honestly called me over and said 'Doesn't my friends fringe look wonky?' .... ! Lol! I was not impressed in all honesty. I thought he didn't look my type in the slightest. He was only at college two days a week, but he used to come in at least four.. and sit in my class doing extra things. He'd always sit by me.
I found out a few months in that he was expecting a baby with a girl - Although they'd broken up a long time before. Ten minutes after he got the call saying his LO had been born he ran into my lesson very excited bless him. I remember thinking 'Okay, He's sweet.. But he has a little one and i don't think I'd want anything serious with him' . Then he came to mine to decorate with some friends.. Sang to me (such an angel) and took me for a walk down a river. I remember texting my friend saying 'Yeah I've changed my mind' and we were official a few days later. I went to germany on holiday for a week the day we got together.. But I'd missed him so much that a week after coming back, I couldn't hide that i'd fallen for him already! We've now been together 3 1/2 years. x

My OH Saw me driving around Derby town centre a few times, my car at the time stood out alot.. low and lairy :p .. he added me on FB, one night I was broken down, did a FB status asking if anyone could come save me with jump leads and posted my number.. he came to my rescue, turned out I needed the AA... texted every night after, met up pretty much every day and the rest is history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->