How did you announce your pregnancy on facebook?

I announced yesterday and it went down a storm. I had to change it at the last minute though as my OH proposed when we went for a meal just after the 12 week scan!!

I put this picture with the caption "Had trouble keeping this one quiet... SURPRISE! (And even I didn't know about the ring until today!"

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/Shellieshorses/10379935_941237712787_6464216938774217031_o_zps3266afb8.jpg

I announced yesterday and it went down a storm. I had to change it at the last minute though as my OH proposed when we went for a meal just after the 12 week scan!!

I put this picture with the caption "Had trouble keeping this one quiet... SURPRISE! (And even I didn't know about the ring until today!"

Ah that's lovely, congratulations!

I always said I wouldn't put a scan picture on Facebook to announce but then we had our 20 week scan on Halloween and this shot of DS looking like a skeleton was just too good not to share!

Attachments

• j scan.jpg
    j scan.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 19
We didn't post on FB until I was 15 weeks. But all of our friends thought it was pretty cute.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 65
we ended up announcing yesterday. we changed our fb banners to this xx

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 63
Awwwww. I think I'm finally ready to announce. I want to write in chalk on the driveway saying 'baby' and an arrow pointing to my shadow belly. :)

Will probably try and get that picture sometime this weekend. And announce next weekend.

i want to announce on facebook after we find out the gender at our 20 week scan
i need good ideas!

I'm going to go to my parents after the gender scan with two envelopes (one for each) and with either a pink or blue card in.... I'm going to video them opening them and then put on FB as a gender announcement.... so maybe something like that?

I already mocked up a picture collage in black and white of each of the other boys at a couple of days old leaving a space in the middle so i can just add the scan photo and then post it each of the pictures is captioned "baby #1" "baby #2" etc

We announced as soon as we had confirmation of pregnancy. I know it was super early, but I was super excited!

My brother helped us take this picture, and I randomly posted it on FB with no description.
10409653_749712823063_7657962170915913047_n.jpg

A friend of ours is a photographer and is going to get pictures of us announcing to my DD.. we're going to show her the ultrasound and tell her and give her a big sister shirt. She's gonna FREAK!! And we're going to post our shoot :)

Today I am 4 weeks so I randomly posted 4 as a status. I will go by even numbers. When time is right, I will surprise my kids while videotaping it and post it :)

I am going to get my 3 girls to stand in a line oldest first get her to hold a piece of paper saying im a big sister then the middle one holding one saying im a big sister too and then for my youngest im going to stick the scan on a piece of paper saying now im going to be a big sister :) I hope all goes well as Im so excited about announcing it :)

If all goes well, I'll be just over 11 weeks on our anniversary. If I have a scan picture by then, I'll probably post it with a comment about DH and I collaborating to get each other an awesome anniversary gift this year. Of course, I may change my mind in the next 2 months, or come up with an even better idea.

I'm going to get two small sized chalk boards for DS1 and DS2 to hold and write on them "Big Brother 02/2010" (that is DS2's birth month and year) with an arrow pointing up at DS1, and "Big Brother 03/2015" (when I'm due) with an arrow pointing up at DS2. I want to decorate it really cool with drawings and tape a pic of the ultrasound to DS2's chalk board. We have a really nice park near our house with a river and a little bridge and I'm going to take their picture with them holding the chalk boards on the bridge, and post it on facebook!

I still haven't and I'm 25 weeks! Never came up with a nice way of doing it and have told all the people that matter in person so probably the first Facebook will hear of the baby is when he/she is born!

When the time comes (hoping all goes well) I plan on posting a photo of my OH reading a "dads guide to pregnancy" and caption it as "Aidan doing his homework". Hopefully people will get it :)

I don't plan on announcing my pregnancy on facebook.....instead I am going to wait until the baby is born and post a picture :D x

I've been thinking about this : I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who so thinking of putting a status, "What do me and a Time Lord have in common?... Two hearts beating inside me!"

Not sure who will get it lol.

I'm also a big country music fan and love the song Toothbrush. I've put some of those lyrics up as a status " anything that's anything starts out as a little thing, just needs a little time and room to grow". .. kind of teasing. I just don't want to confirm till 12 weeks ;)

We're going to take a pic of Callie wearing a "big sister" t-shirt with the caption "Callie would like to announce she has had a promotion, duties start February 2015" or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->