How did you announce your pregnancy on facebook?

BadassMom

Reaction score
Hi ladies! :flower:

For those of you who have announced your good news on facebook already, how did you do it? Or how are you planning to do it? When I was pregnant with my son I didn't have a facebook, so didn't have to worry about this :wacko: But now that we've had our first ultrasound and everything's great, we've told the people closest to us, and I want to announce it everyone! :happydance:

Thanks! :flower:

I'm going to put a picture of ds holding a piece of paper that says...I'm going to be a big brother :) There's a lot of ways to do it though. A lot of people put a pic of the pregnancy test or just a scan photo and say something like "look what we've got" My friend waited and found out the sex and just put a status saying "we're having a boy" Some people put something about the stork dropping them a present. Whatever you like best really :) xx

Last pregnancy I changed my profile picture to our 20 week scan.
I don't think I'd announce before then.
Xx

Ditto raspberry I. I didn't announce before 20 weeks. Won't do this time either. Whatever people are comfortable with though xx

I had the idea of putting our camera on a tripod...I'll be hunkered over thw toilet in a puking position, hubby will be behind me facing camera with a smile on his face, giving a thumbs up, and holding a jar of prego spaghetti sauce! Haha of course, we're still a few months away from announcing that, but I cant wait, I think it'll be funny!

What's preformed spaghetti sauce?

What's preformed spaghetti sauce?

No its Prego...its a brand name of speghetti sauce here in the States :) is like a cheaper version of Barilla...its basically a play on words prego=preggo=pregnant

Lol sorry that was my crappy autocorrect, I meant to type preggo! I get the play on words, I think it sounds funny, cute way to announce xx

Like this. I find all the posed photos really cringey for an announcement! I like them in general (like these types), just not for an announcement.

Attachments

• lalalala.jpg
    lalalala.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 121
I won't be announcing atleast until 20 weeks.. So, I don't know yet :haha:

She didn't ask "how do you plan on doing it at 12 weeks?" Just "how do you plan on doing it?" :thumbup:

I made mine simple. I posted a picture of my sonogram and wrote about mine and OH's history. With losing 2 pregnancies and how long we've tried. Of course how excited we are to be parents. A lot of people say to wait until 12 weeks or after, but i was too excited and decided to announce at 7w2d.

I had the idea of putting our camera on a tripod...I'll be hunkered over thw toilet in a puking position, hubby will be behind me facing camera with a smile on his face, giving a thumbs up, and holding a jar of prego spaghetti sauce! Haha of course, we're still a few months away from announcing that, but I cant wait, I think it'll be funny!

That is HILARIOUS!!! :haha:

Thanks for all your imput ladies! :thumbup:

I'm announcing mine on Monday when I've had my 20 week ultrasound :)

Not sure yet, want to do something cute/fun with our 3 year old. Will announce after 12 week scan :) x

We announced like this at 15 weeks! DH is a huge computer person, so it was just our style. :thumbup:

Attachments

• IMG_174340336804194.jpg
    IMG_174340336804194.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 26
I had my 4 year old holding our 13 week scan pic, and said she was pleased to announce she was going to be a big sister. It got a fantastic response!

I'm letting my DS announce it. I want to make him as much a part of the pregnancy as I can so I got him a shirt that say "I'm going to be a big brother" along with the due date month and year. Then the caption is going to be along the lines of "DS has a 'big' announcement".

Love the persons idea with the preggo sauce.

I announced it with just a picture of my scan last time when I was 9 weeks after a sucessful scan. She told me the chances of anything going wrong were like 1% and I figured at that point if somethings going to go wrong it can at any stage.

I've got a scan tommorow and were going to Facebook announce then. I think I'm going to have my son hold the scan picture :)

We made a picture on an app on my phone with a picture of DS with his name above it then a picture of DD with her name above it and then a picture of my scan picture an put 'Baby ...' (Our surname) and the caption 'Then there was 3' had a fantastic response.

I think its down to individuals when to announce. We announced at 14 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->