How did you feel second + time around?

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Interested to hear your experiences - how are you feeling if this is your second, third etc baby?

Same symptoms? Did you show earlier? We're you more/less relaxed?

I feel a wee bit guilty - my DS is nearly 2 and he's such a mummy's boy I really worry how I'm going to give him my time and affection when another little one arrives and needs all my attention!

I also don't feel the same kinda pinching/cramping I did with him. Wondered if it's because my body is already more used to a bit of stretching lol! X

This will be #3 for me and I still feel the same guilt I did second time around. I'm scared I can't love the new baby as much as I do the other 2 but I had the same fears pregnant with #2 and honestly your heart grows and the children adapt and love the new baby too!

As for symptoms I'm having s lot of pinching and cramping this time round and very sore boobs! I feel sick unless I'm nibbling something too. Everyone is different as far as symptoms come. With #2 my sickness started bang on 6 weeks

With my second, I didn't even feel pregnant. None of the awful stretching, no cramping, no pain whatsoever. Even labor and delivery were super easy! My oldest was 8m old when I got pregnant, so I thought it was because they were so close together, but when my second baby was 2 months old, I got pregnant with my third. (Surprise!) My third pregnancy was my most painful so far. This time, I got pregnant just as mt third baby turned 1, and this pregnancy is almost identical to my first pregnancy all over again, with lots of stretching and nausea and food aversions. All three prior pregnancies were much different from one another, and all of my babies are healthy and perfect!

It's definitely true what they say - every pregnancy is different!

Did it differ by baby's gender, ie you felt more sick with boys and more cramps with girls? So curious!

And I guess you're right youngmamttc, you have ample love to go around. I just hope DS1 is as loving!! X

I had no symptoms with my DD I didn't even find out I was pregnant until 9 weeks! With DS I was ill all the time and so tired I was always asleep! So for me it differed I think. My cravings were different too. Savoury with DD and sweet with DS

That's interesting, I've heard the sweet savoury thing before!

I remember feeling pretty anxious with DS this early on because I felt pretty much nothing. Same this time round. Although I did get a bit sick about 9 weeks, so waiting for that to kick in in a few weeks!! X

I am showing a lot earlier. Much more relaxed this time around and not thinking the worst about every ache and pain like I was the first time.

But I'm oh so tired though. Being pregnant and looking after a toddler is so hard!

I'm not looking forward to later on when I'm utterly wiped and trying to keep up with a two year old!!

I feel super bloated today, never had any of that with DS. But my boobs are like a yoyo thing time - sore, not sore, agony, normal, back to sore again. Honestly, it's like there's a difference every hour! X

This is #3 for me. I feel a twinge of guilt, since DD2 is still nursing (18mos), but I know she will be a fantastic big sister just like DD1. Overall, I felt pregnant much faster with second and third pregnancies... but I think they've actually gone much easier than my first. I'm much more relaxed about the whole thing too, since I'm a veteran mom at this point. :)

This is my #2, my son is 20 months. It seems like my ms and fatigue is worse this time around but maybe it's just compounded by taking care of a toddler! I've been more emotional this time, worrying about my son's adjustment (he is a mama's boy too, and very high energy), as well as moving across the country at the end of the summer.

@we can't wait, I'm still nursing too, was planning on making it to two years but it has gotten very painful! I may have to stop soon. How is it going for you?

@rachelleigh, I was hoping to make it to two years too! At 4 weeks it was really painful to nurse (one of the reasons I knew I was pregnant)... now it's actually not as bad. Sometimes it pinches when she first latches, but for the most part is okay now. How far along are you? Maybe it'll get a little better over time for you too!

I am feeling kinda guilty because my dd is only 20months old and nurse to sleep.
But, we have decided to have the second child for her to have someone to play and be there as family when we are not there. Being the only child has taught me importance of siblings.
As far as ms and other things are concerned nothing yet. Hopefully, this pregnancy will be spare me some sickness.

@we can't wait, lost track of individual days at the moment haha but I'm about 10.5 weeks right now. Latching stings and then we are usually not so bad after that. I also just don't think I'm really producing anymore. :(

@Sweety21, my ds is also 20 months and still nurses to sleep as well. I suppose there is still plenty of time for change between now and #2's arrival. I may just totally hand off bedtime to my DH if all else fails.

I bought my ds a baby doll to start "practicing" with. We point and name its facial features, hands, feet, toes, etc. and he likes to give it kisses. He isn't very attached to it yet but I'm hoping he gets more excited about it as time goes on.

rachelleigh, that's a nice coincidence. Even, we are going to try and make dd sleep with DH soon. I really want stop feeding her because, it's very uncomfortable right now for me.
She fall asleep on my tummy and with all the cramping going on I cannot handle it anymore.
What are you trying now to put her to sleep?

This is my 2nd pregnancy, I'm only 8+4 and literally dunno how I'm gonna get through another 4/5 weeks (that's hoping I'll feel better in 2nd trimester) I can't explain just how awful I feel, literally everything makes me feel sick but I'm never sick I can run to the toilet gagging then nothing, my tiredness is like nothing I've ever experienced, my son is 18 months so that makes life extra hard! I tell my partner every now and then how hard it is and I have a very close friend that I confide in a lot but can't explain just how awful I feel, I also all of a sudden seem to have bloated and already feeling big :( hoping I won't gain much with this pregnancy but I can't stop eating rubbish! Once I see the baby on that 12 week scan I know everything will be worth it, just want to feel myself again :(

Oh Sarah, sounds like you're really suffering:hugs:

Hope your scan goes well and you get some respite from the sickness soon x

:wave: hi ladies! May I join you??

Mrsmac, I know how you feel. I've been crying on & off feeling guilty about having another and taking time & attention away from my DD. everyone says you love the first and make room just fine - and then there's the moments of the older and younger siblings interacting that make it worthwhile. Hope they're right!! :haha:

I'm still breastfeeding my almost 27 month old. She is SO attached to nursing that I feel so guilty taking it away from her. I'm holding on as long as I can! I really want her to self wean when she is ready. The pain upon latch-on has been AWFUL (but only for the first 20 seconds or so). Surprisingly, the pain has gone down a teeny bit in the past day... But just barely. It's still horrible. ��

I don't have the breastfeeding issue but I feel for you ladies, it sounds sore! X

My DS just turned 2. I have sore breasts this time that I didn't have with him and some mild nausea. Other than that I don't "feel" pregnant. Don't even have fatigue yet, and just a little round ligament pain.

Sweety21, right now about half the time I let him nurse to sleep and the other half DH puts him to bed... Which lately has been him getting him ready for bed then taking him for a walk around the block in the stroller haha. It's so hot where we are that by the evening it's much nicer outside than in our house (no air conditioning). He falls asleep easily then he transfers him to his bed.

Sarah, I'm sorry it's been so rough! I hope things get much easier for you. I felt my absolute worst so far between 8-9 weeks. I still don't feel myself yet, just got sick about an hour ago, ugh, but feeling a little more alive and positive now. Hope you are feeling better!

BellaRosa, isn't it the craziest pain?! My ds latched on today and I literally screamed! I couldn't help it... Poor little guy was like what on earth... But didn't phase him enough to unlatch or anything ha. He's super attached, too! It's "malk? Malk?" and tugging at my shirt all day lately. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->