how did you tell OH???

We had been trying for 6 months.

I had a false (didn't know it at time) bfn at 13dpo. That and a progesterone test pretty much convinced me I wasn't pg.

At 18dpo, I woke up early (5:00 am) and temped. Temp was still up. I jumped up and hands shaking, went to the loo to check for AF. Nothing. :shock: I POAS and waited, shaking. Finally a faint line appeared.

I went back to the bedroom, in a daze. OH cracks a bleary eye...

OH: What are you doing?!?!
Me: You're awake?!?!?! Get up!! Get up!!! Turn on the light!!!
OH: What?!?! What's wrong?
Me: JUST GET UP!!!! Turn on the light!!!
OH: *does as told, puts glasses on*
Me: *shoves test in his hands*
OH: *squints at it with sleepy, bleary eyes*
Me: Do you see two lines?!?!?!
OH: Yeah.
Me: That means I'm pregnant!!!!!
OH: And you're suprised? :huh:
Me: Well.... yeah!!! Baby!! I'm pregnant!!
OH: Ok. Can I go back to sleep now?
Me: :dohh:
OH: *removes glasses, turns off lights, is snoring within 60 secs*

I was later told that he was a bit grossed out -- "you shoved something in my hands that you just PEED on!!!"

:roll:

All best laid plans about hugs and excitment laid waste! :rofl:

I had been at work all day, feeling really off, sort of sick and just dropping everything, so when I picked up husband afterwards, we ran to the market and bought a test. I took it and even before I pulled my pants up, the test was a BFP. I rushed downstairs to the kitchen where he was making dinner and just held it up. Poor man, he about dropped our plates as his knees gave out! Not how I dreamed of doing it, but, I was too excited to wait!

i rang him at work (he's a driver) and asked if he was able to pull over, he said no and whats happened so i told him and he was like oh ok, got to go no hands free kit.

Well...just a bit of background...lots of operations and conditions which 'they' said would make getting pregnant naturally veeeery difficult...so kind of assumed it wasnt gonna happen for me.

Was on the injection pill just as an extra precaution...

Went into hospital early dec for a laparoscopy and some little procedures...about a week out of hospital we got a little frisky in front of the Xmas tree...(TMI, sorry!!)...

Everything carried on as normal...Xmas...New Year...had a few crazy hormonal flip outs...but have had them before so thought nothing of it...

Period due date came and went...but assumed it was just cos of op that I was late...

On thursday 8th Jan I decided to stop smoking...out of nowhere...my OH went to Portugal for a long golf weekend...

Spent the whole weekend craving pineapple and pretending I was fine lol...

Rob came home on the 12th...and said to me 'do you think its about time we did a test?'...

We did 5. lol. Together. Even peed on the stick with him stood next to me. Was too big a moment to be on my own!!

I think we both went into shock...not much was said for a good 24 hours...both just wandering around the house a bit dazed...

Saw my surgeon a week later...he said 'oh yeah, did I not mention laparoscopies can make you extremely fertile for a short while because everything is made fresh and new?'...er....NO YOU DIDNT! lol

Absolutely without a doubt the most wonderful amazing thing that has ever happened to either of us. We are so freaking excited!! We call her our little blessing.

I was planning on testing when my AF was late, however I got the urge to test one day after work :lol:

I brough a normal clear blue test, did the first test and I got a faint line, it was there and visible. Just as I was getting excited I heard the door as DH has just got home, so I quickly hid the test by the laptop. I couldn't keep my excitment to myself so DH start asking questions :lol: 'why are you acting wierd'? ANyway then I starting sobbing and laughing at the same time..........then I blurted it out that I got a :bfp:and he was so happy I showed him the test and told him I wanted to do a digi test so he went out and brought a digi test for me. And it showed :bfp: we were both so happy as we have been TTC for a long time.

I phoned him up (he was at work) and said 'I'm pregnant!'

And he just went 'Are you?'
Me: 'Yes'
Him: 'Oh, ok.'

Bah. I had expected a bit more excitement, but apparently he was 'staying calm cause he was in the office and didn't want anyone to know yet'

dd want planned and oh and i had only been together 3 months (new each other before though) and we were in the middle of a really rough patch and it looked like we were going to split up. anyways i was a week late for af but that wasnt unusual for me so i thought nothing of it. one morning i woke up all of a sudden i was 100% certain that i was pregnant. literally 100%, i sat on the end of my bed and said "oh god, im pregnant". i dont know why because we'd only had the one "mishap" and i hadnt thought anything of it. so i got a test and super dark line came up instantly. i text him and said we need to talk and he came to pick me up. we parked up in some random old boat yard and i said "do u no y i asked you to talk?" he started crying (bless him) and said "you're going to break up with me" and i said "i figured out why ive had no appetite" (ive nver lost my appetite b4 in my life lol) and he just stared at me and said "babe, are u pregnant?" and i was like erm yeah lol he sat there for about 10 minutes going "oh shit, oh jesus" lol

with the twins we were on our 1st month ttc and i got a v faint line at 10dpo, so faint i thought it was an evap. retested at 12dpo and lo and behold it was a dark bfp! i got the bfp on nov 29th i think (give or take a day or 2) and its oh's birthday on 15th dec so tried to keep it a secret till then but just couldnt lol one night i told him to close his eyes, gave dd the test and she gave it to him. he looked at it and said "babe, are we pregnant?" lol

i found out i was expecting on the 25th of november last year, was kind of excited but also scared due to pp in other pregnancys, me and my OH had talked about a baby but nothing set in stone. on the morning i was due a period i felt a bit sick on the way home from taking the kids to school, so just to be sure i picked up a pregnancy test.
Well it was positive, so i thought how will my OH react, so i cross stitched him the letter D (for daddy) with a dummy sort of going around the D and stitched under it GUESS WHAT? put it in an envlope with the postive test and wrote happy early christmas. i woke him up and gave it to him, he opened it and had a confused look on his face at first then looked at me as if to say really? and i nodded and the biggest smile came on his face and he kissed me. he was so happy of the news.

We had booked a trip to disney world for this summer, bf was teasing me sayiny you might be pregnant now that we did this, lol. Well figured out period was late by only a day or two just to relief my own mind I took a test and with in moments it said PREGNANT, ran down the hall waving my tester in Bf face, this was planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->