How did you tell your o/h

I have read everyone's stories, they are all lovely. Getting a positive test is such an amazing feeling.

I tested at 8 days late after a doctors appointment about a hip injury. I couldn't have an x-ray if pregnant so bought a twin pack from the Boots near the surgery and walked the 3 minutes home with my son.

My son said "so you might be a little bit pregnant then mummy?" :haha:

He played in the garden while I did the test. It came up a very strong line straight away. I could not believe it and was trembling. OH was at work (he is in The Army and away all week) and I text him and asked him to call when he could.
I got to say the words I'd fantasised about saying..."you're going to be a daddy". His first words were..."how do you know?" !! He was clearly in shock as he has never remembered saying it.
My son overheard me say "because I did a test. I will do the other when I need to pee". My son went straight downstairs to get me his water he'd just poured for himself so I'd need to pee again, so sweet!!
I peed in a cup and then my son came into the bathroom and I dipped it and we watched the strong instant result together :D Very special moment :D

It was 2 weeks after we got married and I missed my period. I rarely miss a period, so I was hinting to OH that I might be pregnant. He said to wait a few days before we check it. 4 days after my missed period, we bought the cheapest Tesco PT available, went home and did the test. True enough, 2 red lines were glaring at me! :haha: OH was at the lounge watching TV. He just looked at my facial expression and smiled and said, "we're gonna have a baby." I just nodded. :winkwink:

**Oh, he was made 2 nights before my hen night, that was 1 week before my wedding! Technically, I was 2 weeks preggers when we got married, and we didn't have a clue! :)

I had a mc after 32 months of trying and then 25 days later I didn't feel right so took a test on Sunday morning and got a faint line,I got back in bed which woke dh up and just said "I think I just got our line again" his response "really?" me "yeah" and then we went back to sleep lol we kinda didn't speak about the lines getting darker until we saw on a scan at6+3 a little hb and then we started talking about it xx

i told mine the week before christmas, i waited a whole day (lol) to tell him because i thought i could hold off until christmas. . . i had bought him a gift from the baby and wrote him a card, he came home from work really sad that day so i said someone came round today to drop off a gift to you, they said open it now it will make you smile . . . he read the card that i had written first . . i made it seem as if it was a card from our son but the last sentance was i hope you like the new cufflinks and hopefully i wont have the breaking clumsey gene that leo got from mum . . . his face was a picture when he realised xkx

Sorry for being in a little early and replying to the thread here ;)

i had started having MS and Frequent urination just after 15 days of my LMP... and i felt from within that i was pregnant.. but couldnt believe as it was too early to know...

i waited for a week.. though in between went to pharmacy with DH (as i did not drive yet till then) to get the FRPT... then on day 24 of my cycle i did the test.. hubby was yet sleeping... we had decided would do the test on day 28.. but i couldnt wait out of excitement...

and i saw two lines and almost ran and jumped in bed.... and hugged him tightly... he was shocked why was i so happy and excited.. and was too early for him to wake up yet.. still i dragged him out of bed to the bathroom to show him the BFP...

and we literally danced out the excitement..!!!!!! and still every moment of this over joyous moment of pregnancy..!!!!

i weed on the test and wrapped it straight in toilet paper and took it out to him and we took the paper off so we both got to see the result at the same time

i was pretty un dignafied, i marched into the room with a pot of pee and a test, handed em to OH and walked away. =P he came running to me =)

it was a bit of a shock really i had a mc on 22nd nov 2010 (my bday :cry:) around xmas time 27th dec i felt ill and quite hot, i went to tesco to get me and oh some treats (chocolate and cake lol) and just had the urge to get a test and do it in tesco toilet well when it came up 2 lines i thought i was seeing things so went and brought 3 more 2packs of tests cb digital and done them all there and then poas addict i was, i drove home like a maniac and put all the tests in the bag with oh chocolate and just threw it at him on the sofa and he looked in the bag and was shocked :haha: he didnt eat the chocolate either he said it smelt like pee :rofl:

I screamed from the bathroom, he came running and handed him my pee covered stick :D :D . . then he asked ''what does 2 lines mean?!''

[/QUOTE]That is so cute, you have so much patience and willpower to wait a whole day !:haha:[/QUOTE]

Looking back I dont know how I did it!
I was extremely proud of myself I was dying to tell him as soon as I found out... but I wanted it to be perfect

Plus I had a wonderful day trailing round babyshops for the first time :)
I got so excited all day thinking about how he would respond, and he definitly delivered

That is so cute, you have so much patience and willpower to wait a whole day !:haha:[/QUOTE]

Looking back I dont know how I did it!
I was extremely proud of myself I was dying to tell him as soon as I found out... but I wanted it to be perfect

Plus I had a wonderful day trailing round babyshops for the first time :)
I got so excited all day thinking about how he would respond, and he definitly delivered[/QUOTE]

jus wanted to share.. i just saw ur siggy.. and thts my hubby b'day :happydance::happydance::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:flower::flower:

Im afraid mine isnt very romantic, I had a feeling and did the test at work. It came up positive, I was happy but as we had had a miscarriage a few months before, we found out just before our 12 week scan, so i couldnt get excited and also telling my OH was difficult as we had been through such a tough time and I knew he would be worried.

I told him about 3 days later (I did several tests over 3 days to make sure) and all he said was oh ok and smiled. We were both SO nervous until our 12 week scan we didnt really talk about it, now of course we are REALLY happy but the finding out bit wasnt really a joyous occasion as we had very mixed emotions.

Mine wasn't romantic, but I will never forget it.

We had been on holiday and AF was due atvthe end of the first week. When it didn't arrive I didn't think anything of it, I had been on medication so thought that might have made me late, but as each day went I became more convinced I was pregnant.

I couldn't do a test until I got home. We were in Goa and didn't like the look of the local chemist.
We spent most of the last week of our holiday talking about what if, but by the end of the week I was sure I was as I had sore boobs and felt different.

We got home and bought a test on the way home from the airport.
I peed on the stick and passed it to my Hubby who was in the bathroom door way, pulled my trousers up and the BFP was already there, so he saw it first.

we went and got a test a few nights before xmas eve and i went and did it. i was convinced it was just going to say negative after getting plenty of neg tests but bammmm came up positive and then i went into the sittingroom adn just handed it to him we both sat there for 2 mins in silence then the smiles came out!! best xmas pressie ever!

Mine wasn't romantic at all. This is my first (and last) pregnancy and it wasn't even planned! I had my career ahead of me and my horse and my hubby was happy with that! One day I just woke up and felt weird, I can't explain it I just thought something was different. I was off work and went to boots and bought a cheap test because my period was 2 days late...it came up "positive"...I then ran down to tesco and bought another FIVE tests (lol) and peed on them one after the other, all comming up positive...I was shaking and worried what hubby would say as I had been on the pill for 5 years and for some reason it just failed.

Anyway, hubby got home and I laid out the tests in front of him not saying anything...he looked up at me and said "Oh! I guess I'm guna' be dad then eh?" he was so chilled out about it!

We soon got used to the idea and I would never, ever abort a baby so that was out of the question. We are both happy to be having a baby now but my god I am NEVER getting pregnant again - I am HATING being pregnant....just so ill all the time! Lovely reading the other stories though.

Me and my partner was talking about how we thought i was preg and then my mum gave me a test and me and my partner waited upstairs with it... When i told him it was a faint plus sign he laughed and said no its not and checked himself...We were unsure so it was my mum that checked 4 us and she told us i was preg...He jumped about and cuddled me (while having a nervious laugh) then we went to the shops 4 digi tests xx

I had planned the whole thing in my head and it never went to plan lol after loosing our son and then being told we would need clomid to conceive it all seemed a bit military for us. I had done a test 2 days before Christmas and had the faintest line ever. OH kept telling me not to get my hopes up, we had had many of these faint lines before and nothing ever came of them. Christmas morning I got up early and did a CBD and it was the longest wait of my life. Finally **pregnant 1-2** I couldn't think clearly at all. I just ran up the stairs and practically jumped on him waving the stick at him. He was a little confused considering I had just frightened the life out of him hehehe.

We told our daughter when she was opening her gifts and I wrapped the test up to give to my mum at dinner, all in all it was the best Christmas ever. Now with me being induced its likely she will arrive on OH birthday :D so yet another great present for him x

Me and the fob don't live together and he works away. I rang him up to tell him, he said it's not what he wanted and that we were over. That was last October, not seen him since, very sa as its our daughters 2nd birthday tomorrow :(

We got our BFP on NYE so I opened up a Christmas cracker and put the test in and 'fixed' it so he would win the prize when we pulled it at dinner! I have to say he was confused at first (fair enough, he was not expecting to win a pregnancy test along with his paper hat and joke :haha:)

my period was late by 3 weeks (i took a test but it came out negative?) i decided to go doctors after his 26th b'day as i was worried bout my period being so late and the test already showed up negative.

I then called him after the doctors appointment and he was half asleep bless him, so when i came home i showed him the stick and he hugged me and said we'll be the best parents ever!! he was so overjoyed bless him and said thats the BEST ever b'day present anyone has ever given him <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->