How did you tell your o/h

Mine was mixed emotions really, i wasnt sure how he would take it as we had split up weeks before but got back together to give it one last chance.
I was so scared he wouldnt share my happiness, he has never really wanted kids.
I did the test at work, then later that night waited till he got home and said shall we go for a drive i fancy McDonalds (which i never eat) so sure he was a bit suss.
I told him how i needed to eat more carbs now as im pregnant, much to my suprise he said " well i did have an idea".He was smiling proudly though! :)
From that moment on he started planning and taking his role v.seriously.
I was so relieved, he was so excited and proud bless him.

Once we got home i showed him the test and we did another one together...

OH was waiting in our room while I did it and I just ran in and showed him and we had a big hug. We didn't really say anything! x

I did a test a work just because I was having hot flushes ( I wasn't even late and have no idea what made me buy a test at lunch)... when it was positive I popped to the shop, got one pink and one blue balloon and then when i got home popped into the front room and put the two balloons plus PT on his chair and then waited for him to come home.

His face was a picture, took him a few mins to work out.

My testing date was mine and OH's 5 year anniversary and I was planning on doing the test that morning and IF it was a BFP going in and saying happy anniversary and showing (just to get out of buying a present :haha:)
Impatiently I took the test which was a clear blue digital a couple of days before, dissapointingly it said NOT PREGNANT. I wasn't overly convinced but thought ok that's that then and left it. I didn't test again until the day after mine and OH's anniversary day, he had been annoyed with the number of tests I had wasted testing early etc so I did a FRER while he was at the gym.
It was positive so I text him straight away to tell him, so not quite the romantic(ish) way I had planned lol

I managed to keep it secret a WHOLE day, whilst I went shopping to find some bits as a gift. I bought a gift box and filled it with:

"I love my daddy" bib and booties,

A baby photo frame which I put a message in saying "Due around 27th July"

My digital pregnancy test with a gift tag attached saying "positive proof that in 9 month you'll be the best daddy around

An absolutely adorable poem I found....
"I dont yet have a face to see, or put inside a frame,
I dont yet have soft cheeks to kiss, I dont yet have a name
But all will change come 27th of June, thats when they say Im due
Im your gorgeous little baby, and I cant wait to meet you!"

And finally a letter from me

I gave him it after dinner and ran out of the room nervously haha
returned to a very smily OH asking "really?" "honestly?" over and over

i almost want to get pregnant again straight after so i can do that lmao

with Laila, i did the test while he was in bed (hungover).. when i went in and told him he grunted and rolled over.. :o !! i was mad but soon got over it lol there was no big announcement with this one cos i had known for about 6 weeks that i was expecting before i even did the test so it just kinda confirmation lol x

all such lovely storys............... kinda makes me jealous i havent got one like that to share x

1st pregnancy - went for scan to check on my cysts and they found a 11week pregnancy, they printed pic for me........ i walked home and waiting for hubby (was my bf then) to come from work......... showed him the picture and said nothing else......... he just looked at it.... put in down and sat with me on sofa holding hands....... we were 18 and 19 at the time and both still living with our parents,....... after what seemed like a life time, i asked 'so what we gonna do?'
he just looked at me blankly and said ' become parents ' i smiled he smiled.....thats was 10 years ago :hugs:

2nd - i went to my dr's to discuss not renewing my depo injection that week as we would like a another child now DS is starting nursery...........Dr explained it could take 12-18 months before we fell............... 1 month later i was so tired and grumpy......... i took a test...... BFP......... i left it on the bathroom window sill........ i then went into living room............waiting a while the asked hubby to go get me my phone from the window sill............ he came back minus phone but with a grin x:happydance:

3rd - (while on pill ) Not so happy story............ he was in kitchen i was in toilet......... i peed on stick...... cried........ gave him stick.......he cleaned the kitchen

4th - (now on mini pill ) he brought me a cb digital as i was yet again grumpy and snappy....... i peed on stick he read it........... and just ended with a told ya so......

5th - had coil fitted.......... coil fell out......:shrug:..... went to dr's as was getting really sharp pains..... she did routine test which came back positive......... i phoned hubby........... he went quite and said we're gonna need a new car .

dont get me wrong i love my kids and wouldnt change them for the world but the last 3 just came as a bit of a shock xxx

It was a few weeks off xmas and my hubby had a big pile of post that day, so I casually placed the present I had bought hubby - all wrapped up - purchased 1.5 rs ago when we first started trying in with the pile of his post/xmas packages we had ordered. I had tested when I got home from work at 1430 that day - hubby was on his works xmas lunch and didnt get home until 1930 !!! It waas so hard waiting all that time but I had how I wanted to tell him planned out for so long.
After a year and half of trying, I got my first ever positive. The message in a bottle had a ribbon which when pulled, produced a poem reading:
I DO NOT HAVE A FACE TO SEE
OR OUT INSIDE A FRAME
I DO NOT HAVE SOFT CHEEKS TO KISS
I DONT YET HAVE A NAME
YOU CANT YET HOLD MY TINY HANDS
NOR WHISPER IN MY EAR
ITS STILL TOO SOON TO SING A SONG
OR CUDDLE ME SO NEAR
BUT ALL WILL CHANGE SO VERY SOON
APPROX 9 MONTHS TIME
AND I WILL BE THE LUCKY ONE TO SAY THAT YOU ARE MINE!
......I LOVE YOU DADDY
It was so funny watching him read the poem out aloud, look at me then read it out all over again ! There were a few tears to say the least.

x

Aw some wonderful stories!!!

Mine's very boring. On my 3rd cycle I was convinced I was out since 7dpo cos I felt like crap (although the agonisingly painful nipples, nausea and dry mouth were new 'AF' symptoms :haha: ) so the night before I tested me and DH had a few Baileys and I was crying to him that I would never be able to give him a child (hello drama queen :haha: ). I'd had BFNs on ICs for a couple of days.

I skived off work the next day (12dpo) and was on here, sulking, and my buddies k123 and KittyKatBabe told me to test and get over it. So I used a FRER and set my timer to 3 mins. I picked it up and thought 'negative, oh I thought so' until I brought it closer (bad eyesight) and saw the 2nd line.

After 5 mins of crying and going 'omg omg omg' I called DH who was in work, asked if he was alone and then blurted out 'i'm pregnant' and started crying. He was like 'wha'???? I thought you said you were out!!!!!' and I'm sobbing 'no I'm pregnant'. Lol. I was happy of course...just in utter shock. He was over the moon and said he was coming straight home.

I did a digi after we hung up and send him the 'pregnant 1-2' pic. He came home with a bunch of red roses for me and a big massive hug :)

My hubby had left the week before on a six month deployment with the navy. I took the test as we had both gotten suspicions as i was late. I took it at my mum and dads house then text my hubby to call me back asap. He didnt need me to say anything. He knew what i wanted him for and he was in total shock. We have 4 weeks left now till he comes back and we can share everything...cant wait

This one actually made me cry reading it :) xx

Aw some wonderful stories!!!

Mine's very boring. On my 3rd cycle I was convinced I was out since 7dpo cos I felt like crap (although the agonisingly painful nipples, nausea and dry mouth were new 'AF' symptoms :haha: ) so the night before I tested me and DH had a few Baileys and I was crying to him that I would never be able to give him a child (hello drama queen :haha: ). I'd had BFNs on ICs for a couple of days.

I skived off work the next day (12dpo) and was on here, sulking, and my buddies k123 and KittyKatBabe told me to test and get over it. So I used a FRER and set my timer to 3 mins. I picked it up and thought 'negative, oh I thought so' until I brought it closer (bad eyesight) and saw the 2nd line.

After 5 mins of crying and going 'omg omg omg' I called DH who was in work, asked if he was alone and then blurted out 'i'm pregnant' and started crying. He was like 'wha'???? I thought you said you were out!!!!!' and I'm sobbing 'no I'm pregnant'. Lol. I was happy of course...just in utter shock. He was over the moon and said he was coming straight home.

I did a digi after we hung up and send him the 'pregnant 1-2' pic. He came home with a bunch of red roses for me and a big massive hug :)

Aw thanks Tardiz, I thought mine was dead boring!!!! :haha:

Nothing special, I was still on the toilet, trousers round my ankles when I asked him to check the test because I couldn't believe it!

I didnt tell hubby what i was doing and quietly went upstairs to the bathroom... expected another negative but it was positive! i stared at it for ages trying to think of something clever or funny to say... in the end i went downstairs and my hands were shaking so much and i couldn't talk so i just sort of waved it at him and he goes "whose is that?" :haha: I think i then pointed it at myself and burst in to tears! (of happiness)
Cos i would be carrying someone else's pee stick about! :haha:

Since my dh was one of those woken up at 3am with a faint bfp for the first pregnancy (to which he replied but that line isnt dark enough and then went back to sleep!) I kept this one from him for an entire week.

I peed on billions of sticks to be 100% sure, the day he was leaving for church camp I ended up telling him cos my MIL found out (she is a fb stalker and saw it on a post i posted on a parenting podcast - stalker!!! as she deosnt even know what an ipod IS)
I literally saw the message she sent me that said she knew and I gasped in such shock that i had to tell dh b4 he called his mom (he had seen i gasped at soemthing she had said)

so i showed him this:
and then he cried <3

Attachments

• DSC06383.jpg
    DSC06383.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6
I woke up as normal and had been holding off testing to avoid dissapointment of another BFN after trying for a while to get pregnant. I tested with a FRER with FMU and it came up in seconds with a super dark BFP line! I was so excited and walked up and down the bathroom saying OMG OMG OMG!!! My daughter (she's 5) got up just as Id done the test and I told her straight away (I tell her everything! :haha:) - we were super excited and after Id dropped her at school I went and bought a clear blue digital to double check - it came up super quickly with a 'pregnant 3+' - I was super chuffed.
When my daughter cam home from school we put the tests in one of her game boxes and i wrote on my belly - 'Hi Daddy - im 5 weeks old, EDD end of July' - we waited for him to get home and I got my daughter to give the game box with tests in to her dad and he opened it and just stared at the tests for a few seconds and then broke out into a huge grin and said 'I knew it!' then my daughter lifted up my T-shirt and he saw the message on my belly and gave us both a great big smiley hug and a kiss - it was v cute!
I was determined to have a nice delivery of the news this time as with my daughter it took 2 weeks to show up on any tests so all the tests me and hubbie did together were negative and i did one last one in my lunchbreak at work and when it was positive I phoned to tell him and he was annoyed that he wasnt there and I didnt get the response I wanted at all! I did this time though! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

OH knew I was doing a test as it arrived with our Tesco grocery delivery and hubs puts the shopping away.

I came running in from work, dying for a pee which I'd been holding for about half an hour so I would want to go when I got in.

It was an instant positive, didn't have to wait. Sat on the toilet for a minute or 2, shaking, as we thought I'd just skipped a period due to menopause.

I walked down the stairs, OH was making tea in the kitchen, I just looked at him and said "looks like I won't be drinking at the christmas party tomorrow" - took a moment to register, and he just grabbed me and held me tight

we dont live together so when I found out I was at my house, he was at his in bed... it was 2 am ... i didnt want to call him so i sent him a picture text of the test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->