How do I get chickens in a coop?

yeah they usually take themselves to bed, mine do.

however i have found if all else fails they will do anything for live mealworms!

MIL has got 4 chickens, they were away for the night on Saturday and we had to go down and let the dogs in the house and let the chickens in (MIL's partner has used their old shed for the chickens down the back of the garden) we weren't sure how to get them. in so OH made chicken noises haha.

MIL has got 4 chickens, they were away for the night on Saturday and we had to go down and let the dogs in the house and let the chickens in (MIL's partner has used their old shed for the chickens down the back of the garden) we weren't sure how to get them. in so OH made chicken noises haha.

:haha:

Ive been wanting chickens for a while and after reading this thread want them even more!! so cute!

Ive been wanting chickens for a while and after reading this thread want them even more!! so cute!

I LOVE having them! We have 5 (they have wrecked the garden though so are now kept in the run). They all have their personalities and we have between 3-5 eggs a day. We dont eat that many so give a lot to my sister and sell the excess (£1 for 6).

You know an egg is fresh when you take it from under the chicken's ass! Really notice the difference in taste too.

I LOVE having them! We have 5 (they have wrecked the garden though so are now kept in the run). They all have their personalities and we have between 3-5 eggs a day. We dont eat that many so give a lot to my sister and sell the excess (£1 for 6).

You know an egg is fresh when you take it from under the chicken's ass! Really notice the difference in taste too.

I didnt find ours wrecked the garden at all, but then we have a pretty big garden so they had lots of room. I did find theyd take baths in the mud though,lol, and they'd peck at the weeds and keep them down :)

Ooh they wreck gardens? I think it's something we'd have to think and talk about as we have a pretty big garden with a veggie patch.

Ooh they wreck gardens? I think it's something we'd have to think and talk about as we have a pretty big garden with a veggie patch.

you'd have to put something over the veggie patch but my garden was fine :)

Our garden isn't very big and as I let them free range most days for at least 4 hours they ate EVERYTHING that was green! They are now confined to the run which is big enough for them and then some and let out for 5 mins each day when i clean them out.

all you would have to do is cover the veggies.

Theyre covered most of the time because of slugs anyhow so would probably be okay. Definitely going to look into it :)

Theyre covered most of the time because of slugs anyhow so would probably be okay. Definitely going to look into it :)

That's another thing my garden doesn't have anymore - slugs! They love a good slug :haha:

I remember once picking my son up from school, we got home and he asked what was for tea. I said Harriet :haha: I thought he would know I was joking but he promptly burst into tears, I felt so bad!

:rofl: those have really made me chuckle!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->